Get it together Blues!

Remove this Banner Ad

Still some disturbing signs by the Blues. They refuse to show some killer instinct and play out a game. One quarter will not do it when the big occasions come.

Admittedly, we are depleted but the game plan was so effective that we could have had success all day if we wanted. But again, we got too cocky and turnovers appear. If we don't try to play four quarter football, we won't know how when we need to turn it on.

Amazing really, we have gone from great finishers to great openers. Even last week, we jumped out of the blocks well against the Demons. We have the ability, I just hope we get to see it a little more consistently.

Please don't think I like to bag the club, I just want everything to be working well for the finals. Time to fine tune.

Too right. You can't play all season as if you are keeping something in reserve and then expect to be able to bring it out just in time in the big matches.

all of this is true but...
thats is what we seem to be doing, and we seem to be doing alright doing it, i would much prefer if we could play fantastically every game, but we get by, and these injuries have troubled us throughout this year, but if we win the improtant games and most of the sot-so-important ones we'll be right...i hope

Doing alright? We are thereabouts, that's true. You can't tell me though that we shouldn't have beaten Melbourne well. Look at the match stats. Quite simply, we procrastinate for extended periods then hit the on switch. Then if we start to dominate, we start lairising and taking the wrong options. In the whole time I have been a Blues fan, we have always been capable of quick scoring and ripping a game apart, but we have seldom run a game out for four quarters and have always displayed an over-confidence that can turn momentum against us.

I suggest that times have changed and discipline and mental aptitude is of paramount importance now.

I believe that the Blues skill level is second to none but while our physical toughness is brilliant, our mental toughness is lacking often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back