Movie Get Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The much hyped/critically acclaimed horror movie written and directed by Jordan Peele.

Chris who is black and his white girlfriend Rose drive to the country to visit her well off parents Josh Lyman and some woman. Our main character is initially worried about upper middle class racism but he may have bigger things to worry about...

I didn't hate this movie. It was fine. The humour was good but I would prefer a scarier experience. It was more of a weird mystery movie than a horror movie.

getout.jpg

In cinemas now.

It was more of a weird mystery movie than a horror movie.
Fit pretty comfortably into the psychological horror sub-genre for me.

Thought Daniel Kaluuya made the film, he's come a long way from being a side character on Skins. The country house setting felt nice and claustrophobic especially when the crowd came for the party. Didn't rush into any action, which was nice. And Georgina especially was creepy.

9/10 loved it.. I actually prefer these movies when you are on the edge of your seat without the use of cues to make you 'jump out'.. psychological thriller/horror that worked a treat.. if you are worried about getting scared in this movie, please don't as you will be more enthralled with the plot and won't scream at the cinema

Yeah this was ******* great.

Honestly didn't know Peele had it in him. Only went in and out of Key & Peele which I thought was usually good, but never thought it would translate to the big screen, or at least in this way.

Marvelled at how funny it was but then also just being able to shift tone completely on a dime. Massive rewatchability too.

The cop car arriving and Chris putting his hands up, might of honestly been the scariest part of the film. What it has to say about race elevates this film beyond any horror film is usually capable of being.

Fit pretty comfortably into the psychological horror sub-genre for me.

Thought Daniel Kaluuya made the film, he's come a long way from being a side character on Skins. The country house setting felt nice and claustrophobic especially when the crowd came for the party. Didn't rush into any action, which was nice. And Georgina especially was creepy.

His accent wasn't great though, could hear the British slip in occasionally.

Between this and 15 Million Merits, he's been in some great, but weird things.

His accent wasn't great though, could hear the British slip in occasionally.

Between this and 15 Million Merits, he's been in some great, but weird things.

He was great in Sicario too.

I liked it a lot. It was something different. Almost like you have to go back to the classics to see a film like this. Something noir and surreal about the whole thing (and a lot of symbolism) which really appealed to me. Makes me think of films like Wake in Fright or something by Hitchcock or Buenel. With the 'race' factor thrown it felt really relevant and allegorical as well. One of the best films i've seen for a long time.

Saw it last night and really, really liked it. Uses classic suspense/horror tricks nicely and has a great deal to say about race.

There's a whole of Trayvon Martin and #BlackLivesMatter going on throughout the flick, as well as callbacks to pretty much every stage and iteration of American racism against black people - slave auctions, the fear of black men and white women, cotton picking.

Back when hip hop was a lot more political - Public Enemy, early Ice Cube - there's some very similar and very strong messages messages.

You could even argue the whole message of the movie is that white America only got where it is, wealthy and happy in a big house, by using unwilling black people's bodies, which they got power over through a mixture of violence of violence and trickery.

Last edited:
Brilliant film! In fact, it's one of the best films I have seen in a long time.

9/10 for me.

The twist about everyone being hypnotised to be slaves was pretty clear from the outset, but the twist of having Rose part of her families twisted routine was superb and one I didn't see coming!

From a scientific standpoint, I just couldn't buy into the notion that the consciousness of the white privileged were being cut out and put into black men and women. Kind of broke the realism behind it all as it made you suspend your knowledge that this wasn't possible - blending fact and fiction. Would have just made more sense that the black abductees were being brainwashed and lobotomised to serve as slaves.

Either way, I absolutely loved it!

Loved this movie. I didn't know anything about it beforehand and the surprises kept coming. A bit like Martyrs without the horror.

How about this to make it even better?
Right at the start we see a black guy being kidnapped by someone in a helmet. We find out later that he's one of the guests at the party and he's been brainwashed. But what if instead we see the main character Chris being kidnapped? As though, he goes through all the ordeal of escaping but later is picked up again to possibly go back into the nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved this movie. I didn't know anything about it beforehand and the surprises kept coming. A bit like Martyrs without the horror.

Right at the start we see a black guy being kidnapped by someone in a helmet. We find out later that he's one of the guests at the party and he's been brainwashed. But what if instead we see the main character Chris being kidnapped? As though, he goes through all the ordeal of escaping but later is picked up again to possibly go back into the nightmare.

Lol...poor Chris had enuff s**t happen first time around.

Nah, the ending was absolute perfection!

Finally got around to seeing this last night and it's definitely one of the best thrillers/horrors I've seen.

Basically everyone in the cast was amazing but particularly the actors portraying Chris and Georgina (the facial expression work very impressive) and Rose (can portray different sides to a character superbly, would definitely marry).

The last quarter of the movie let's it down a bit unfortunately, falling into some silly horror cliches. But it was still great overall and demands a rewatch to pick up all the little clues Peele drops along the way.

8.5/10

I actually think the movie would have been better without that opening scene at all.

Considering it was more of a creepy slow-burn mystery rather than an out-and-out horror, then the less spoilers revealed early the better. That first scene gave away that something was happening to the black characters too early in the movie for my liking.

Great film. Like Warsaw said, really unique - it transcends the genre in a way that I think no other horror movie ever has.

What did people think of Us?

I loved it, just like this one - great performances, great score, great script. But a lot of my mates really didn’t like it? Would be keen to hear other opinions!

Heard it's good and scarier. Try to remember to torrent when digital download/bluray is released.

I hate that campaigner in it. When she's on the bed listening to her ipod and drinking milk or some s**t. I wanted to rip her ears off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back