Get rid of drop in wickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with this pitch. The bowling, on the other hand ...

Garbage. 11 for 721 is a pitch way to heavily weighted in the batsmans favour.
Australia bowled very well in spells and the Pakis did as well. The ball did nothing because the pitch is void of live grass and moisture.
Now I actually expect this at the MCG as it has always been an average pitch drop in or not but how anyone with any semblance of knowledge of cricket can say it is a good pitch as you have and that the bowling has been poor just has no idea.
It is a highway full stop and the scores have confirmed it.

Garbage. 11 for 721 is a pitch way to heavily weighted in the batsmans favour.
Australia bowled very well in spells and the Pakis did as well. The ball did nothing because the pitch is void of live grass and moisture.
Now I actually expect this at the MCG as it has always been an average pitch drop in or not but how anyone with any semblance of knowledge of cricket can say it is a good pitch as you have and that the bowling has been poor just has no idea.
It is a highway full stop and the scores have confirmed it.

Bollocks! If the Aussies could catch and the Pakistanis had some semblance of discipline with regards to no balls, then the scoreline would be nothing like 11/721. None of this can be blamed on the pitch.

Oh, and the correct word is devoid.

Reckon they could have a more competitive strip if they wanted it.

Vics basically always have results in their games at the MCG and if the day night tests have taught us anything it's that you can put a bit of life into what's normally a road if there's a mandate to do so.

I blame CA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner could have been out a dozen times, renshaw played and missed at 7-8 balls and edged another one. Azhar Ali was the only Pakistani from the top 8 to pass 50 odd, and he edged one just short of wade on 105. Nothing wrong with the deck

Reckon they could have a more competitive strip if they wanted it.

Vics basically always have results in their games at the MCG and if the day night tests have taught us anything it's that you can put a bit of life into what's normally a road if there's a mandate to do so.

I blame CA

I don't get this argument. There's a reason shield isn't test cricket. Because the players aren't as good. A lesser batsman gets found out easier than a lesser bowler (a s**t bowler can bowl 5 overs of s**t but get one ball right and he succeeds. A batsman can play one s**t shot and he's gone). That is a prime reason why shield gets results. I'm sure the fact that TV isn't a factor means they're more inclined to not care if a wicket is a green top but that aside, the low scores in shield can be attributed to the skill level as much as anything.

The West Indies is a prime example of this. They're FC scores are very ordinary. On identical dry spinning decks, good sides cash in and make heaps

Pitch was made for a five day test match. Unfortunately we've had only just over two days play so far and the pitch is playing like it. I doubt the pitch will break up enough for us to get a result. Pitch is probably a touch too flat but if we had had three full days cricket and Australia was around Pakistan's first innings already (or past it, bowled out etc) then I think we'd all be pretty confident of a result. Is it the best pitch I've ever seen - no, not even close but is it satisfactory - tbh it probably is.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to the commentary he was still having trouble when he was on 100. Smith edged one just before stumps that again fell short of the slips. When did it become impossible for a team to score runs on a fair pitch?
Singling out individual instances of half-chances doesn't really prove anything. The fact is no bowler has really consistently threatened on the pitch outside of the new ball, and Australia have had minimal problem going at about 5 an over for the last 60 overs.

What actually annoys me is channel nine pumping up every single test pitch. Why not just call it how it really is. This is not a good test wicket, it's a below average but not woeful test wicket. Stop acting like it's perfect.

What actually annoys me is channel nine pumping up every single test pitch. Why not just call it how it really is. This is not a good test wicket, it's a below average but not woeful test wicket. Stop acting like it's perfect.

It's like all tv networks

Have to try to keep the viewers engaged and don't want to deter from the product at all

Every pitch they inspect...

"Looks an absolute belter"

How tf can it look a belter. All Aussie pitches look the same and play the same.. May as well get the "curator" to drop in one of these every summer n save money on water n rollers.
20140808125825_88493.jpg

I would like them to stop using the term 'good' and replace it with the word 'flat'.

They'd be saying the same thing, just without the flowery language.

Bollocks! If the Aussies could catch and the Pakistanis had some semblance of discipline with regards to no balls, then the scoreline would be nothing like 11/721. None of this can be blamed on the pitch.

Oh, and the correct word is devoid.

People need to face reality in that the class of batting around the world right now is superior to the bowling. You could put the 1985 West Indies bowling attack on that pitch and we wouldn't be seeing scores much over 250-300. The moment anyone scores some runs, apparently the pitch is a road. Narrow minded attitudes are rife on this forum.

We've seen many Tests over the years where the opposition makes 170 in the 1st Innings, then Australia comes out and makes 500+ and winning by an Innings. It happens more often than people remember. Was the pitch a road? Strange that one team could make runs but the other team couldn't.

However, the T20 freaks cannot handle watching the same batsman bat for a session, or for more than 5 overs for that matter, so therefore there must be something wrong with the pitch. I seriously don't understand why some posters watch cricket. They clearly don't enjoy it. More to the point, they don't understand it. I wish they would just stick to T20 and leave Test cricket to those of us who actually enjoy cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back