Analysis Get Rid of Medical and Fitness Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

SORRY, I AM NOT SHOUTING.
I HATE TYPING WITH A PASSION, IN MY JOB I HAVE TO PERFORM IT ALL DAY LONG. ON HOLIDAYS ATM IN GERMANY, BUT IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO TYPE CAPITAL LETTERS THAN LOWER CASE.
MY APOLOGIES IF THIS OFFENDS ANYONE. CERTAINLY NOT INTENDED AND I AM SURPRISED PEOPLE OBJECT TO THAT POST, BECAUSE OF THE TYPING.

BTW -YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO WONDER ABOUT MY CHOICE OF TYPING. IAM CERTAINLY NOT SHOUTING THOUGH.

I HATE TYPING WITH A PASSION, IN MY JOB I HAVE TO PERFORM IT ALL DAY LONG. ON HOLIDAYS ATM IN GERMANY, BUT IT IS SO MUCH EASIER TO TYPE CAPITAL LETTERS THAN LOWER CASE.
MY APOLOGIES IF THIS OFFENDS ANYONE. CERTAINLY NOT INTENDED AND I AM SURPRISED PEOPLE OBJECT TO THAT POST, BECAUSE OF THE TYPING.

BTW -YOU ARE NOT THE FIRST TO WONDER ABOUT MY CHOICE OF TYPING. IAM CERTAINLY NOT SHOUTING THOUGH.

DOES A FOOL MAKE ASSUMPTIONS BEFORE EXPLANATIONS?

Lol i could understand if you were in say Japan and they use a different keyboard so it perhaps would be easier to type in capitals cos you wouldnt be able to read the kanji for caps lock, however Germany uses the normal QWERTY Im almost entirely certain? It is rather unorthodox to type in all capitals, unless one wishes to convey raising their voice when communicating in a method where visual and audial cues are not present 😋

The entire Olympic Park Oval sits on top of a massively huge concrete tank that practically is the diameter of the entire oval that is one of the storages for the stormwater harvesting system that collects, treats then supplies all the water for the whole sports precinct and stadiums...I know because my dad was the one who designed and built it. And theres only half a metre of topsoil between the turf and the top of it. Which isnt much padding really. Like i said earlier its basically like training full time at Etihad, actually they have 1 metre of soil between the concrete slab of the roof of the carpark and the turf, so bit softer than our olympic oval 😂

Its no surprise to the club they received all the geotechnical reports when the ground was redeveloped and another engineering report that was done on the ground only a couple of years ago?
If anyones interested in some light bedtime reading heres a 6 year old now but gives a comprehensive overview of the system and also the site conditions and geotechnical problems they had during construction because of where it is...may help shed some light on why we constantly keep getting soft tissue injuries the ground is literally hard as rock. Basalt actually

Interesting read, I can only find this reference though, which is the remnants of the oval on the other side of Swan St at the bottom of Rod Laver.

The tank is buried under the Old Scotch Oval, with a topsoil cover that varies between 1 – 1.5m in depth.

The entire Olympic Park Oval sits on top of a massively huge concrete tank that practically is the diameter of the entire oval that is one of the storages for the stormwater harvesting system that collects, treats then supplies all the water for the whole sports precinct and stadiums...I know because my dad was the one who designed and built it. And theres only half a metre of topsoil between the turf and the top of it. Which isnt much padding really. Like i said earlier its basically like training full time at Etihad, actually they have 1 metre of soil between the concrete slab of the roof of the carpark and the turf, so bit softer than our olympic oval 😂

Its no surprise to the club they received all the geotechnical reports when the ground was redeveloped and another engineering report that was done on the ground only a couple of years ago?
Oh ffs now where are those turds on a stick that kept telling me it couldn't possibly be the surface even though the players themselves have complained about it?... two flags gone begging ffs

Rage.png

The angry tone of the post was consistent with the need to shout with Capitals.
So, had you not been angry I may well have given you the benefit of the doubt.

Interesting read, I can only find this reference though, which is the remnants of the oval on the other side of Swan St at the bottom of Rod Laver.
Arrgh eek ive posted the wrong link to the report i was thinking of (its been awhile since i read it lol, this one is the feasibility for stage 2 works!)...theres a few parts to the system anyway. One is whats below OPO which is the massive collection tank and all the underground pumps and massive pipework that is connected to it, then that other big tank theyre talking about in this thats under that grass bit between Hisense and Rod Laver youre right...they built that one before any of the rest of the system. Then underneath Margaret Court theres another little (well its not little, the smallest one i should say) one that stores the recycled water after its gone through the treatment plant which is underneath the front steps pretty much of Rod Laver underground. They were planning on building another one underneath Gosch's paddock too but that was a few years back now not sure where they went with those plans, obviously nowhere cos Melbourne doesnt seem to have the injury run like we do!

If anyones interested in some light bedtime reading heres a 6 year old now but gives a comprehensive overview of the system and also the site conditions and geotechnical problems they had during construction because of where it is...may help shed some light on why we constantly keep getting soft tissue injuries the ground is literally hard as rock. Basalt actually

Thanks for posting that, unfortunately it doesn’t support your argument.

Firstly the build up is 1-1.5m stipulated in the report. Secondly the soil is coode island silt with basalt floaters. Coode island silt has very poor strength characteristics.

It’s consistent with hisense arena which I had some involvement in where we needed to stabilise the natural ground in order to construct pavements as it had insufficient strength to support the pavement.

Thanks for posting that, unfortunately it doesn’t support your argument.

Firstly the build up is 1-1.5m stipulated in the report. Secondly the soil is coode island silt with basalt floaters. Coode island silt has very poor strength characteristics.

It’s consistent with hisense arena which I had some involvement in where we needed to stabilise the natural ground in order to construct pavements as it had insufficient strength to support the pavement.
Look at my post above i put the link for the wrong report by accident, the hisense tank is the one thats mentioned in that as as you would know that one was built first. Ill ask dad tomorrow where the one im talking about is and upload it

Look at my post above i put the link for the wrong report by accident, the hisense tank is the one thats mentioned in that as as you would know that one was built first. Ill ask dad tomorrow where the one im talking about is and upload it

That wasn’t part of my works, I was on the other side, the eastern plaza project.

I know the club won't come out and say we're training any harder than usual, because it'll make them look completely incompetent with the recent injuries we've suffered (as if they didn't already).

But have any other clubs come out and publicly stated they're on a higher load? Like anyone in the top 4 who could say it hasn't affected them?

Chances are if any other clubs are going through a high load, so are we.

Lol i could understand if you were in say Japan and they use a different keyboard so it perhaps would be easier to type in capitals cos you wouldnt be able to read the kanji for caps lock, however Germany uses the normal QWERTY Im almost entirely certain? It is rather unorthodox to type in all capitals, unless one wishes to convey raising their voice when communicating in a method where visual and audial cues are not present 😋
AS IT BOTHERS SO MANY OTHER POSTERS AS WELL, IT IS PROBABLY BETTER I DON'T POST AT ALL.

AND I AM STILL NOT ANGRY OR SHOUTING. HAVING A WONDERFUL 12 WEEK TRIP AROUND EUROPE AND AM VERY HAPPY. DESPITE THE PIES. LEARNT MANY MOONS AGO TO HAVE NO EXPECTATIONS OF THE PIES, THEN YOU DON'T BECOME UNHAPPY WHEN WE LOSE. WE ARE NOT A SMART CLUB LIKE GEELONG OR HAWTHORN.

How come under mm we never had these injuries get rid of the fitness gurus down at Collingwood
In 2005 we only had enough fit players on the list to just field a full senior side (think it was 25 fit)

MM was Coach

You know just because you say something, it doesn't make it true

They surely we bite the bullet and don’t train on it anymore, who cares about how that looks etc , surely the fundamental concern only the business is to field the best side possibly to compete for a premiership. It makes me so mad because there is no way the injury list we have had for so long is just bad luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh ffs now where are those turds on a stick that kept telling me it couldn't possibly be the surface even though the players themselves have complained about it?... two flags gone begging ffs

View attachment 717209

This ....

We handicap ourselves , the club everyone loves to hate and we handicap ourselves , * it must be good to be a Collingwood hater right now. Pick up your game Eddie , Eddie is pasionate and a celebrity other clubs have much smarter top dogs

That wasn’t part of my works, I was on the other side, the eastern plaza project.

I've gone back to the aerial photos - again - from 2010 when the OP grandstand and running track were still in place, through to the present, and at no time do these show construction of anything like a huge underground tank or structure beneath the OP surface. There may be related infrastructure, but nothing of scale that can be seen in the aerials.

They surely we bite the bullet and don’t train on it anymore, who cares about how that looks etc , surely the fundamental concern only the business is to field the best side possibly to compete for a premiership. It makes me so mad because there is no way the injury list we have had for so long is just bad luck
Do we have any empirical evidence that the surface at the Holden Centre is the problem?

Do we have any empirical evidence that the surface at the Holden Centre is the problem?

Is there anything saying that it isn’t , are they looking into it. You would think a professional organisation as large as Collingwood would leave no stone unturned.

Is there anything saying that it isn’t , are they looking into it. You would think a professional organisation as large as Collingwood would leave no stone unturned.
Not sure that is totally scientific on that basis is there anything to say our players are genetically inferior to others
I know, we could start a list of "Is there anything to say it isn't...."

Not sure that is totally scientific on that basis is there anything to say our players are genetically inferior to others
I know, we could start a list of "Is there anything to say it isn't...."

Your spot on , we could and should. And then investigate them

Your spot on , we could and should. And then investigate them
Our injury stats over the past few years are highly unlikely to be a statistical abberation - the volume, repetition and persistent type of injury all point to some underlying causal factor(s) - what that is needs further investigation but it has reached the stage where we can no longer claim "bad luck" - we are well outside the standard deviation so here we are... another forensic review needed ...sigh :(

Our injury stats over the past few years are highly unlikely to be a statistical abberation - the volume, repetition and persistent type of injury all point to some underlying causal factor(s) - what that is needs further investigation but it has reached the stage where we can no longer claim "bad luck" - we are well outside the standard deviation so here we are... another forensic review needed ...sigh :(

What he said. Fix the courts

Someone go and put a sprinkler on?

Nah, then it will be slippery and we’d fall over.

We could try the Optus Stadium ‘anti-dew’ spray, that worked a treat when we played WC. I think we only got two injuries from that game. Good outcome by our standards.

Sorry to be flippant but it’s a coping mechanism.

The tank is buried under the Old Scotch Oval, with a topsoil cover that varies between 1 – 1.5m in depth.
There was a certain club that also trained and played on the Old Scotch oval for a few decades. Played a couple of seasons on the lakeside oval, then moved out to the South East and won 7 flags on the trot. Maybe there was something about the surface after all.

Why it was called the Old Scotch oval when there were two ovals always seemed odd - but OS were awesome to share rooms with as they never properly locked their fridges.

No we don't. I wish identifying the injury problems were that simple. Our problems I suspect are a portion of 3 or 4 different issues & we need to tackle all of them. Perhaps the training facilities are part of the problem. But I doubt it. The likes of Crisp, Pendles, Maynard etc train on the same ground without any soft tissue issues. A hard surface may explain knee & ankle & perhaps foot issues. Not sure it's going to cause soft tissue injuries & they are the ones we need to get on top of more than anything else. They are decimating the team year in year out. Things must change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back