Mega Thread Get Stuffed McGuire The Swans Bigfooty Podcast (All Eddie angst, rants go in here)

On a very special edition of the Swans Bigfooty Podcast Bonz, TheMase, swansrule100, robbieando and norris decide to give you the truth about the Sydney Swans and GWS academies, The state of the game in NSW and tear into good old Eddie.

Audio Link

Subscribe in iTunes

Graphic Design

We would like to give thanks to News Corp for the Image and for my own fantastic typing skills

Links To This Seasons Previous Episodes:

Nanny The Ruckman The Swans Bigfooty Podcast Episode 12

Swansrule100 Our Good Luck Charm The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E02

Who Is Jesse White - The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E03

Let's Bring In Jesus Christ The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E04

How do you spell North? The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E05

Living Our Nightmare - The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E06

Bonz The Weatherman The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E07

Rampe Ramping It Up The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E08

You Just Can't Win Against Hawthorn The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E09

We Are the Champions - The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E10

Mid Season Ramblings The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E11

#SMGetsATopKnot The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E12

Grand Final Entertainment The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E13

SM just wants to kiss and catch Grundy S02E14

Lance Money Franklin The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E15

McGlynn The Ruckman - The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E16

Is it Subiaco or Patersons? The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E17

Chris Judd is Lord Voldemort The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E18

"Grundy Should Be All Australian" - SM The Swans Bigfooty Podcast S02E19

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
Cheers, Guys. Great to hear the perspective from GWS as well.

I've been posting on the Academy based on media reports, and after scanning the Academy website for information (what? Reading up on the Academy before setting the Agenda on a mainstream radio network. Crazy concept?). :p

Great to hear some added depth from you guys on top. :thumbsu:

On a side note, I would have loved to hear Horse say "I didn't go because Eddie is a ******* idiot". But his weary expressions at his media conferences says it all really, and far more eloquently. :cool:

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
they wouldnt let me call him bitch ****

There. Dream fulfilled. :D

BOB TEST.jpg

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Fantastic listening absolutely agreed with Robbiendo how McGuire hypocrisy just shines through and his agenda is sorely focused on Sydney only because we are winning.

Here is a quote i found on the MB thought i would chime in.

In 2009, when McGuire had been living in Sydney running the Nine Network, he told The Daily Telegraph: ''I've been very strong in supporting the cost of living.

''It's very easy for people to say, 'Well, go out and live in the suburbs', but people don't realise how hard it is to move around and even the social phenomena of no one from the North Shore ever planning to visit the eastern suburbs and vice versa.''

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
Fantastic listening absolutely agreed with Robbiendo how McGuire hypocrisy just shines through and his agenda is sorely focused on Sydney only because we are winning.

Here is a quote i found on the MB thought i would chime in.

In 2009, when McGuire had been living in Sydney running the Nine Network, he told The Daily Telegraph: ''I've been very strong in supporting the cost of living.

''It's very easy for people to say, 'Well, go out and live in the suburbs', but people don't realise how hard it is to move around and even the social phenomena of no one from the North Shore ever planning to visit the eastern suburbs and vice versa.''
Sig worthy.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure if this article has been posted yet:

Pridham made the important point forcefully when he suggested McGuire’s media and footy administration roles had become “blurred.”

In truth, they have been for a long time. It is not the place of McGuire the club president to tell another club to “get stuffed” on a football show he is hosting. McGuire was using his role as a media commentator to promote, indirectly, Collingwood’s interests.

By any measure, Eddie, who’s given wonderful service to his club and the game, has had a bad media year. It’s not been too flash in the Magpie nest either. With most of the rat-pack gone and Dane Swan showing signs that he’s slowing up, the ‘Pies seem on the slide.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/2014/07/15/poor-form-eddies-misguided-war-sydney/

Horts

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leeds United, Melbourne City
Also unsure if it's been posted yet:

KEVIN Sheedy says Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has “rocks in his head” if he thinks the Swans aren’t committed to developing AFL in NSW.
The inaugural GWS coach has called out McGuire’s hypocrisy over his criticism of the NSW junior academy system, pointing out how Victorian clubs have benefited from the father and son rule.

AFL clubs receive preferential recruiting access to the sons of champion players who represented the club, similar to how NSW and Queensland clubs gain access to talented local juniors.

“If we happen to have one player who is good enough to be drafted, which I’m very sure we can, all the other clubs would realise we have no father-sons to select from,” Sheedy told The Daily Telegraph.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ke...ocks-in-his-head/story-fndv8ujy-1226988845470

Last edited by a moderator:

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Also unsure if it's been posted yet

Thanks - not sure if you're aware, we're not supposed to post the full text of articles on here, just a link to the article and a couple of paragraphs from it (I've edited it for you).

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...southern-attacks/story-fni5f22o-1226990097086

The alliance was trigged by McGuire who led the campaign to phase out the Sydney Swans’ cost of living allowance and he is now using his media profile to rally against the four club’s rights to have development academies.

McGuire recently declared poor quality games of footy were the result of too many “spuds” playing the game because expansion of the competition had spread the talent too thin.

To also lead the charge against development academies in non-traditional markets is seen as a contradiction of the highest order by the expansion clubs.

The show of unity can also be viewed as a reaction to an infamous dinner last year when McGuire and other powerful Victorian presidents plotted to form a cartel to influence the AFL’s equalisation debate.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
The thing about the Rebel Alliance - if my history serves - is that they were smashed from pillar to post, lost almost every battle, but blew up the evil Emperor right under his own seat when he wasn't looking.

I think the hubris of Eddie sitting on his throne in 2010 talking about manifest destiny for Collingwood has resulted in his inability to comprehend how the rejuvenated upstarts Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney managed to tip him off the top of the ladder again.

"Okay kids, now let's blow this thing and go home". :D

Back