Mega Thread Get Stuffed McGuire The Swans Bigfooty Podcast (All Eddie angst, rants go in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he fails miserably at anything he attempts from here on in.

Had a personal vendetta against our club, and used his media outlets to express this.

his comments like "they've developed nothing up there in 30 years" goes to show how little he actually understood about the NSW football market, and on a personal note an insult to people like my uncle who, after moving from Melbourne in 1981, worked as a volunteer at Pittwater football club for 35 years, long after his own children finished playing.

Even in his resignation speech he still played the victim, how embarrassing.

Always remember fat head under your 23year watch your "biggest sporting club in Australia" won one flag and the club you seem to hate the most won 2.

I'm curious how the 'biggest sporting club in Australia' is measured.

Revenue?
Profit?
Assets?
Members?

I'm curious how the 'biggest sporting club in Australia' is measured.

Revenue?
Profit?
Assets?
Members?
Apparently the Swans are supported by more people than any other club in Australia. Does that make them the biggest?

Apparently the Swans are supported by more people than any other club in Australia. Does that make them the biggest?

We also have the most sponsorship by revenue iirc.

I am not as sure about that as you are. Overt racism is inherently evil, and no matter how many generations pass, there will always be plenty of people out there who are inherently evil. They are people who will hate people of a different race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexuality and size. And who will just hate for the sake of hating. They're labelled "trolls" in today's society, but I think that term lets them off far too lightly. It implies there's something curious, satirical or comical about their views. Spewing hate and vitriol is not "trolling". My little sister copying my profanities as I lose my sh*t putting Ikea furniture together is trolling.

I honestly fear that society will never learn to co-exist with it's differences, and that the fight against big-mouth, hateful twats will be never-ending.
* the Swedes!

I may be in the minority here but I do not think Eddie is a racist at his core. His biggest issue is that his mouth runs at a higher speed than his brain from time to time.

I do however think that he has been guilty of abusing his position in the media to the advantage of his club and the detriment of a few others - especially the demonstration of sickening bias against our football club in particular.

[/URL]

This move by CGU is a classic case of virtue signalling. Why go for the grand media announcement when you can keep it low profile and advise Collingwood privately that you will be diverting a portion of their allocated sponsorship dollars to indigenous and related causes until you can demonstrate improvement in that area. It comes across as disingenuous.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority here but I do not think Eddie is a racist at his core. His biggest issue is that his mouth runs at a higher speed than his brain from time to time.

I do however think that he has been guilty of abusing his position in the media to the advantage of his club and the detriment of a few others - especially the demonstration of sickening bias against our football club in particular.

This move by CGU is a classic case of virtue signalling. Why go for the grand media announcement when you can keep it low profile and advise Collingwood privately that you will be diverting a portion of their allocated sponsorship dollars to indigenous and related causes until you can demonstrate improvement in that area. It comes across as disingenuous.

As you say, when Eddie's mouth runs too fast for his brain racist comments emerge. That's a textbook example of someone who is racist at his core. I don't think he's deliberately trying to hurt people with his racist remarks but he knows it's wrong. So normally he'll try to cover up his real thoughts, or sometimes he makes a little joke, thinking it's not that harmful and, well, it gets a laugh. There's no excuse. Eddie's been very publicly chastised for his racist remarks for some years now, but he either refuses to accept his remarks are hurtful or he simply doesn't give enough of a toss.

Sadly this country's full ot Eddies and if we tolerate his sort of casual racism we'll never root it out. It's easy for a white person like me to shrug it off as "hardly racist" or "basically harmless", it's not like he's calling for lynchings. But then I've never had to put up with racism, every day constant small instances, like death by a thousand cuts.

When a player of the ilk of Goodes, a dual Brownlow Medallist, dual premiership player, four-time All-Australian, member of the Indigenous Team of the Century and representative of Australia in the International Rules Series, arguably the best player of his generation, is forced to retire early because of incessant racist booing, egged on by dickheads like Eddie and the tacit consent afforded by a cowardly AFL who refused to call it out, then we have a real problem with racism in football.

This country as a whole has a problem with racism. We're not alone it that, but that's hardly an excuse. Living overseas I see how we're portrayed in the foreign media and often it's not very complimentary. So yes, I agree there are a multitude of other reasons to despise Eddie but he's still a racist at his core.

As for CGU, I can see why they would want to very publicly denouce the racism in the Collingwood football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie’s characterisation of the backlash as ‘a lightening rod of vitriol’ is so typical of the man. In his mind a report produced by experts is wrong and so too is the unanimous reaction to use of the term ‘proud’. in Eddie’s eyes only Eddie is right.

Here is a thought.....rather than being a lightening rod of vitriol why don’t you just become a lightening rod full stop. I’d watch the video. Over and over. just hope that google and Facebook are charged for access to the news

As you say, when Eddie's mouth runs too fast for his brain racist comments emerge. That's a textbook example of someone who is racist at his core. I don't think he's deliberately trying to hurt people with his racist remarks but he knows it's wrong. So normally he'll try to cover up his real thoughts, or sometimes he makes a little joke, thinking it's not that harmful and, well, it gets a laugh. There's no excuse. Eddie's been very publicly chastised for his racist remarks for some years now, but he either refuses to accept his remarks are hurtful or he simply doesn't give enough of a toss.

Sadly this country's full ot Eddies and if we tolerate his sort of casual racism we'll never root it out. It's easy for a white person like me to shrug it off as "hardly racist" or "basically harmless", it's not like he's calling for lynchings. But then I've never had to put up with racism, every day constant small instances, like death by a thousand cuts.

When a player of the ilk of Goodes, a dual Brownlow Medallist, dual premiership player, four-time All-Australian, member of the Indigenous Team of the Century and representative of Australia in the International Rules Series, arguably the best player of his generation, is forced to retire early because of incessant racist booing, egged on by dickheads like Eddie and the tacit consent afforded by a cowardly AFL who refused to call it out, then we have a real problem with racism in football.

This country as a whole has a problem with racism. We're not alone it that, but that's hardly an excuse. Living overseas I see how we're portrayed in the foreign media and often it's not very complimentary. So yes, I agree there are a multitude of other reasons to despise Eddie but he's still a racist at his core.

As for CGU, I can see why they would want to very publicly denouce the racism in the Collingwood football club.
Eddie needs to take the Harvard Implicit Association Test. Would love to see the result.

Leon Davis has his say. Makes for grim reading.

Leon Davis has his say. Makes for grim reading.

Very straightforward piece.
For sure it won't just be Collingwood either.
Straight up bullying, using race as the tool.

I don't think Eddie is a racist but his behaviour and attitude accommodate racist. Is he deliberately trying to be hurtful? Absolutely not. Are his actions or inactions hurtful to people around him? Absolutely! He might not be willingly racist but he does condone racist behaviour

I don't think Eddie is a racist but his behaviour and attitude accommodate racist. Is he deliberately trying to be hurtful? Absolutely not. Are his actions or inactions hurtful to people around him? Absolutely! He might not be willingly racist but he does condone racist behaviour

Side by side.

Eddie has taken this chance to reply.

Interviewer :

"Some say it's not just Collingwood that's racist but you youself. What do you say to that Eddie ?"

Eddie : "I'm not a racist, I mean, yeah, OK I say a lot of racist stuff and maybe I do a lot of racist stuff, but I don't see how that make me racist. Deep down it's not like I'm thinking 'what sort of spineless racist s**t can i pile on some black guy today', but that's what comes out, and it's my name that gets dragged through the mud. Deep down I'm just a regular caring guy, thinking stuff like 'What's the black guy doing in here ?', 'How old is she anyway ?', 'Oh s**t that feels good', 'Should I tip ?','How the feck am I gonna get this stain out ?' Surely these are the same regular thoughts as anyone else has, but somehow racist stuff always comes to the surface, like zits, making me look bad. Am I responsible for my zits ? I mean, feck, am I ? I was on a bloody comfy little number at the Pies. 'Fringe benefits', influence over the AFL, a toothless army at my bidding. Now even the Klan have asked me to lay low. Me ? The Grand Wizard Immaculate Poobah. Now I've been frozen out. I don't even get asked to lynchings."

"No mate, if there's one deadset victim in this racism furore, it's me. Just because I was born white. And because my mates and I like to wear pointy white hoods around a bonfire. I'd make a great AFL Race Relations Commissioner. I know the ugly side of racism intimately, given I was usually there when it happened. No, there's not much I don't know about racism and race based bullying in Footy. Sadly, they'll probably give the job to some black guy."

"Typical !"

Fox Footy & other media mates now going into bat for their mate. Once again, Eddie turned into the victim.

HE'S NOT A VICTIM YOU NUMPTIES!!! He should have been sacked years ago - and would have if the AFL and the AFL media had had any balls.

Imagine what the Wife is going through living with the fat narcissistic p****. Pity her.

I don't like "-isms" having subjective rather than objective definitions. I don't like the speed with which ALL of society are expected to move as dictated by only a small minority of society.
Boy have I got news for you about how the world you're comfortable with came about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back