Opinion Get The "Think Tank" Out - We Need Some New Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoot me down if this has been suggested but lets own Monday nights and use them to play the low drawing inter state clubs at Princes Park.

Pluses are we get an exclusive feature game on Tv 2 to 4 times a year, we bring PP up to AFL standard, and we mitigate the effects of low drawing matches. Minuses are that no one much liked the Mondays but I think the pluses outweigh that.

Probably more minuses but I can't think of them. ....

Shoot me down if this has been suggested but lets own Monday nights and use them to play the low drawing inter state clubs at Princes Park.

Pluses are we get an exclusive feature game on Tv 2 to 4 times a year, we bring PP up to AFL standard, and we mitigate the effects of low drawing matches. Minuses are that no one much liked the Mondays but I think the pluses outweigh that.

Not the worst idea I've read.

I get that and personally it wouldn't be great for me either.

But would the crowd be better, worse or the same than playing those clubs in the other slots? Friday, Saturday nights and late Sunday aren't perfect for a lot of families either.

Carlton need a point of difference in a competitive market.

"66-Game Reset Membership" - supporters sign up for three years with monthly payments being taken from their credit card

"Next Premiership Membership" (the ultimate supporter package) - supporters sign up to be members until such time as we win cup No. 17. with monthly payments being taken from their credit card

These unique packages could of generated a guaranteed 25,000-30,000 members are already locked in every year for some time.

The one flaw with this idea is that if you are paying by monthly instalment then you can cancel pretty much at any point so you aren't exactly locked in.

I do like the idea though, and a way to encourage people to stick with one of these packages would be to include a guarantee to finals and especially grand final tickets. I for one would plump for the 'Next Premiership Package' if it guaranteed me a ticket to our next premiership.

Dunno if anyone here is familiar with Vinomofo or other start-up businesses, but why not offer something like this:

1) As a member, you get to refer other members by email, let's say.
2) In the email link, the person who is referred gets a code for $20 off their membership if they purchase.
3) Once that person signs up, the referrer then gets $20 (or whatever) off next year's membership.

I guess they're kinda listening...

19553121_10212844904908174_1565017065_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of mums who were huge football heads pre-kids, but either can't justify the cost of membership now or they just don't get to the footy. There's a big untapped market there.

Carlton-branded condoms?

As soon as the onfield success diminishes then so does the membership numbers.

Hitching your membership alliance directly to your onfield success is fraught with danger. The way the AFL works now is that it is cyclical for all clubs so if you cannot maintain memberships in the 'down' years, then you are just going to yo-yo around forever.

Not everyone likes or can afford to fork out cash when your team is getting belted every week. Simple really.

Monday night at Princes Park in July... Pass.

Does any club specifically support emergency services personal?
We are the blues and so are they, police are referred to as "men and women in blue', paramedics wear navy blue, fireys wear navy blue.
Could it be beneficial for our club to do some sort of official alliance with emergency services?
A game to show respect for the men and women in these fields who put their lives on the line to help the community and have died doing so.

In addition to this, members of the emergency services have an extremely high number of suicides, we could also have some sort of alliance with Beyond Blue. All of this may sound a little cheesy but so did the dream time game at the beginning and so did the farmers game. We need to come up with something new.

The dogs in Canberra
The dees in Alice
The Saints in NZ
The Hawks in Tassie
The Power in China
The Roos in Tassie
Whoever plays up in Darwin

Dreamtime game
Maddie match
The farmers game
Good friday footy

There is more and none of which involve our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back