The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Hey folk! Thought these questions might to good for us to get to know each other!

1. Age?
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level?
3. Why did you choose to barrack for the Suns?
4. Are you a member?
5. Best memory of the Suns decade?
6. When did you attend your first Suns match?
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport?
8. Who has been the best Suns player you have seen?
9. Have you made friends with anyone on this board?
10. Thoughts about our Coach- Dewy!
11. Thoughts about our Administration including the Pres and CEO?
12. Which poster on this board has this best user name?
13. Thoughts on our AFLW side? What place do you think they will finish in 2021?
14. What place do you think the Mens side will finish in 2021?
15. Who is our best young player?
16. Who has been the MVP of this board in the past 12 months?
17/ What is your earliest footy memory?
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally?
19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere)
20. What would you do if we won the Premiership?
21. Do you think you would go the the GF when we make it?
22. Who is the best commentator in the AFL?
23. If you could bring one player and one coach from another club (as an assistant) to the Suns who would it be?
24. Thoughts on Eade and McKenna?
25. What are your favourite TV shows?
26. What are you favourite movies?
27. Favourite AFL Television show?
28. Who did a better coverage of the AFL? Channel Ten or Channel Seven and why?
29. Where did you grow up?
30. What is your greatest accomplishment?

1. Age? 18
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Year 12
3. Why did you choose to barrack for the Suns? I wanted to go for 'my own team' and was drawn to the Suns straight away especially watching them in the VFL in 2010. I never have liked NSW or Sydney so was never going to go for the Giants and always had a softspot for Queensland especially supporting the Maroons in State of Origin so the Suns it was. I would never go back!
4. Are you a member? Yes and a bloody proud one!
5. Best memory of the Suns decade? Our win over Sydney in 2018
6. When did you attend your first Suns match? 2011 vs Melbourne at the MCG
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? Cricket, Rugby, Athletics, Netball
8. Who has been the best Suns player you have seen? Dion Prestia :(
9. Have you made friends with anyone on this board? Yeah a few!
10. Thoughts about our Coach- Dewy! I love him and I know he is the one to bring glory to the SUNS!!!
11. Thoughts about our Administration including the Pres and CEO? Tony and Mark are amazing and are exactly who we need!
12. Which poster on this board has this best user name? SUNS
13. Thoughts on our AFLW side? What place do you think they will finish in 2021? They are amazing and I am sure we will be able to win a final in 2021!
14. What place do you think the Mens side will finish in 2021? I am hoping we could challenge for finals!
15. Who is our best young player? Rowell and Rankine!
16. Who has been the MVP of this board in the past 12 months? idk
17/ What is your earliest footy memory? Grand Finals in the late 2000s
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? One or two
19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) The Queen, Dennis Cometti, Kerry O'Keefe, Katy Perry
20. What would you do if we won the Premiership? I would go bizarre!
21. Do you think you would go the the GF when we make it? I BLOODY HOPE SO!!
22. Who is the best commentator in the AFL? Bruce McAvaney
23. If you could bring one player and one coach from another club (as an assistant) to the Suns who would it be? Nat Fyfe and Chris Scott
24. Thoughts on Eade and McKenna? I loved both coaches and understand why Eade left but I was quite shocked to see McKenna get the boot.
25. What are your favourite TV shows? The Crown
26. What are you favourite movies? Grown Ups
27. Favourite AFL Television show? Sunday Footy Show (use to be the Footy Show RIP)
28. Who did a better coverage of the AFL? Channel Ten or Channel Seven and why? (Channel 10 because they actually showed passion for the game and broadcast all teams multiple times)
29. Where did you grow up? Melbourne!
30. What is your greatest accomplishment? Winning our local Young Citizen of the Year award a few years back.

Don't mind the concept The Victorian
Can't get on board with Dion Prestia being the best sun you saw play. We had a brownlow medal winner play for us!

Alright, I'll bite. Hopefully it'll get some discussion going in this trying time. Feel free to omit questions you're not comfortable with answering

Some really interesting questions, Also some that are really hard to answer at 5am in the morning and you've been at work all night and can't think straight.

Get amongst it guys.

1. Age? 27 (Believe it or not... I sure as hell don't :sick:)
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Hotel Night Manager
3. Why did you choose to barrack for the Suns? I moved to Queensland in mid-2011 and my new housemates would drag me along to games, The rest is history.
4. Are you a member? Yes, Not that I get a chance to attend many games these days.
5. Best memory of the Suns decade? There's a few fond ones but the one that immediately sticks out was the Karmichael goal after the siren.
6. When did you attend your first Suns match? June 11th 2011 vs North Melbourne @ Metricon
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? American Football
8. Who has been the best Suns player you have seen? Rory "The Buddy Hunter" Thompson
9. Have you made friends with anyone on this board? Unfortunately, yes ;)
10. Thoughts about our Coach- Dewy! The Chosen One
11. Thoughts about our Administration including the Pres and CEO? Love me some Coch, I hear Evans is pretty good too
12. Which poster on this board has this best user name? MaySwallow4Heron
13. Thoughts on our AFLW side? What place do you think they will finish in 2021? I think they've got a real good shot at a prelim
14. What place do you think the Mens side will finish in 2021? 7th(ish)
15. Who is our best young player? Ben King
16. Who has been the MVP of this board in the past 12 months? All of you out there that continue to post and make sure I still have a job to do <3
17/ What is your earliest footy memory? Sydney's 2005 Flag run
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? There's a few
19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) Ray Lewis, Dirk Nowitzki, Keanu Reeves, Taylor Kitsch & Sean Evans from Hot Ones
20. What would you do if we won the Premiership? Get hammered drunk and wind up fully clothed in someones bathtub
21. Do you think you would go the the GF when we make it? SUNS will not not allow my non-attendance
22. Who is the best commentator in the AFL? Who's the ex-Lions guy that's the only one to usually treat us with dignity? Aleister Lynch?
23. If you could bring one player and one coach from another club (as an assistant) to the Suns who would it be? Nat Fyfe & Aleister Clarkson
24. Thoughts on Eade and McKenna? Hindsight being 20-20, Both were terrible hires for the club that set us back years, Had Blueys back at the time though
25. What are your favourite TV shows? Current: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Letterkenny, The Grand Tour & Agents of SHIELD. All-Time: Friday Night Lights, Scrubs, Community, The League & Ghost in the Shell
26. What are you favourite movies? The Replacements, BASEketball, Oceans 11, Three Kings, Die Hard, Any Given Sunday & Super Troopers
27. Favourite AFL Television show? Whichever one isnt talking bulk crap about us
28. Who did a better coverage of the AFL? Channel Ten or Channel Seven and why? Channel Ten - Only because it sticks out more in my memory
29. Where did you grow up? Wollongong, New South Wales
30. What is your greatest accomplishment? A tie between winning the New South Wales & Australian junior gridiron championships in the same year and recently being selected to play at the 2020 2021 World Lasertag Championships in Kuala Lumpur

Don't mind the concept The Victorian
Can't get on board with Dion Prestia being the best sun you saw play. We had a brownlow medal winner play for us!
The question is a bit loaded because best can both be a subjective and objective definition depending on your criteria as the "best"

Objectively its Ablett as he's had the most quantifiable success, But personally I think Rory having Buddy's number on numerous occasions are some of the best performances i've seen from a player wearing our kit.

I also wouldn't be mad if everyone just answered that question as "Favorite Suns player past or present"

Last edited:
1. Age? 24
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Military vehicle painter
3. Why did you choose to barrack for the Suns? I knew a inaugural draftee and decided to follow the Suns, stuck it out ever since
4. Are you a member? Yes
5. Best memory of the Suns decade? Beating Geelong in 2014 when Harley kicked 6/Sydney win in 2018
6. When did you attend your first Suns match? Round 9 2013 v Hawthorn MCG
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? NBA,NFL,MLB,Cricket
8. Who has been the best Suns player you have seen? Ablett and Harley in 2013-14
9. Have you made friends with anyone on this board? Not as yet
10. Thoughts about our Coach- Dewy! The messiah
11. Thoughts about our Administration including the Pres and CEO? Love me some Coch
13. Thoughts on our AFLW side? What place do you think they will finish in 2021? Pushing hard for a GF spot
14. What place do you think the Mens side will finish in 2021? 8-12
16. Who has been the MVP of this board in the past 12 months? Mr Bods
17/ What is your earliest footy memory? Watching St Kilda train in 99
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? No
19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) Michael Jordan, Peyton Manning, Samuel L Jackson, Lebron and Eddie Murphy
20. What would you do if we won the Premiership? Id be passed out drunk somewhere
21. Do you think you would go the the GF when we make it? Definitely
22. Who is the best commentator in the AFL? Brenton Speed
23. If you could bring one player and one coach from another club (as an assistant) to the Suns who would it be? Clarko and Patty Cripps
24. Thoughts on Eade and McKenna? Eade was a terrible choice from the get go, Bluey helped create the drug mess with the his people management so no love for either
25. What are your favourite TV shows? Peaky Blinders, Seinfeld, Community, B99, Archer, Rick and Morty
26. What are you favourite movies? Anything by Tarantino
27. Favourite AFL Television show? Bounce
28. Who did a better coverage of the AFL? Channel Ten or Channel Seven and why? 10 had vastly superior coverage and commentators
29. Where did you grow up? Pakenham then Bendigo
30. What is your greatest accomplishment? Moving out of home at 14 and being completely self reliant since then

Alright, I'll bite. Hopefully it'll get some discussion going in this trying time. Feel free to omit questions you're not comfortable with answering

Some really interesting questions, Also some that are really hard to answer at 5am in the morning and you've been at work all night and can't think straight.

Get amongst it guys.

1. Age? 27 (Believe it or not... I sure as hell don't :sick:)
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Hotel Night Manager
3. Why did you choose to barrack for the Suns? I moved to Queensland in mid-2011 and my new housemates would drag me along to games, The rest is history.
4. Are you a member? Yes, Not that I get a chance to attend many games these days.
5. Best memory of the Suns decade? There's a few fond ones but the one that immediately sticks out was the Karmichael goal after the siren.
6. When did you attend your first Suns match? June 11th 2011 vs North Melbourne @ Metricon
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? American Football
8. Who has been the best Suns player you have seen? Rory "The Buddy Hunter" Thompson
9. Have you made friends with anyone on this board? Unfortunately, yes ;)
10. Thoughts about our Coach- Dewy! The Chosen One
11. Thoughts about our Administration including the Pres and CEO? Love me some Coch, I hear Evans is pretty good too
13. Thoughts on our AFLW side? What place do you think they will finish in 2021? I think they've got a real good shot at a prelim
14. What place do you think the Mens side will finish in 2021? 7th(ish)
16. Who has been the MVP of this board in the past 12 months? All of you out there that continue to post and make sure I still have a job to do <3
17/ What is your earliest footy memory? Sydney's 2005 Flag run
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? There's a few
19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) Ray Lewis, Dirk Nowitzki, Keanu Reeves, Taylor Kitsch & Sean Evans from Hot Ones
20. What would you do if we won the Premiership? Get hammered drunk and wind up fully clothed in someones bathtub
21. Do you think you would go the the GF when we make it? SUNS will not not allow my non-attendance
22. Who is the best commentator in the AFL? Who's the ex-Lions guy that's the only one to usually treat us with dignity? Aleister Lynch?
23. If you could bring one player and one coach from another club (as an assistant) to the Suns who would it be? Nat Fyfe & Aleister Clarkson
24. Thoughts on Eade and McKenna? Hindsight being 20-20, Both were terrible hires for the club that set us back years, Had Blueys back at the time though
25. What are your favourite TV shows? Current: Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Letterkenny, The Grand Tour & Agents of SHIELD. All-Time: Friday Night Lights, Scrubs, Community, The League & Ghost in the Shell
26. What are you favourite movies? The Replacements, BASEketball, Oceans 11, Three Kings, Die Hard, Any Given Sunday & Super Troopers
27. Favourite AFL Television show? Whichever one isnt talking bulk crap about us
28. Who did a better coverage of the AFL? Channel Ten or Channel Seven and why? Channel Ten - Only because it sticks out more in my memory
29. Where did you grow up? Wollongong, New South Wales
30. What is your greatest accomplishment? A tie between winning the New South Wales & Australian junior gridiron championships in the same year and recently being selected to play at the 2020 2021 World Lasertag Championships in Kuala Lumpur

The question is a bit loaded because best can both be a subjective and objective definition depending on your criteria as the "best"

Objectively its Ablett as he's had the most quantifiable success, But personally I think Rory having Buddy's number on numerous occasions are some of the best performances i've seen from a player wearing our kit.

I also wouldn't be mad if everyone just answered that question as "Favorite Suns player past or present"
how did i forget The League in my TV shows dammit

1. Age? 34
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Catering manager / head chef
3. Why did you choose to barrack for the Suns? Long story, but was a crows fan. Went to the first port vs suns fan as a neutral, the come back I cheered so hard. By the time we were singing the song, I was a fan
4. Are you a member? Yes 8 years
5. Best memory of the Suns decade? That first win
6. When did you attend your first Suns match? The first win at AAMI stadium
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? Cricket
8. Who has been the best Suns player you have seen? Gaz, by no means my favourite but by far the best.
9. Have you made friends with anyone on this board? Yes
10. Thoughts about our Coach- Dewy!, he’s a gun coach and will lead us to the top.
11. Thoughts about our Administration including the Pres and CEO? Finally on the right track with Mark, Tony etc.
12. Which poster on this board has this best user name? Cochblocked
13. Thoughts on our AFLW side? What place do you think they will finish in 2021? Love that we have a aflw side, don’t see a huge rise from this season
14. What place do you think the Mens side will finish in 2021? 12th ish
15. Who is our best young player? Izak Rankine
16. Who has been the MVP of this board in the past 12 months? Mr Bods
17/ What is your earliest footy memory? Crows 97 premiership... well actually the preliminary final stands out l”more.
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? No
19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) Billie Joe Armstrong, Freddie Flintoff, Mark Evans, Michael Jordan, Ryan Reynolds
20. What would you do if we won the Premiership? Party for days, head to tattoo parlor
21. Do you think you would go the the GF when we make it? Couldn’t stop me
22. Who is the best commentator in the AFL? Anthony Hudson
23. If you could bring one player and one coach from another club (as an assistant) to the Suns who would it be? Nat Fyfe, Chris Fagan
24. Thoughts on Eade and McKenna? Wrong choices at the time
25. What are your favourite TV shows? Big Bang theory, South Park, family guy
26. What are you favourite movies? Gladiator, the replacements, any given Sunday, American Pie's (not so much the spin offs)
27. Favourite AFL Television show? Front bar
28. Who did a better coverage of the AFL? Channel Ten or Channel Seven and why? Ten, seemed to have more substance and better commentary
29. Where did you grow up? Adelaide
30. What is your greatest accomplishment? Chef apprentice of the year in s.a in 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back