Certified Legendary Thread JUBJUB R.I.P.

Remove this Banner Ad

All....it has come to my attention (via the CATS CLAW website) that JUBJUB has been seriously ill since mid-October.

Thankfully he seems to be on the improve.

Quotes from CATS CLAW:-

Posted yesterday:-
JUBJUB "has had serious health issues that have required hospitalization since mid-October. Things are slowly improving but he is not out of the woods (or the hospital) yet. Maybe in the next few weeks he'll again be adding to your amusement."

JUB's brother then posted late yesterday:-
"JubJub asked me to thank our fellow Cats Claw members for the good wishes.
Thanks Killa for your regular visits and others who've been in contact.

He's on the mend but will still be out of action for at least a couple of weeks.
Sue's right. He'll be back online and driving us nuts with dodgy jokes again soon. (I'm his brother so I'm allowed to say that)
wink.gif
"

All the best JUB. Hope you are back on here soon giving the 'Drama Queens' hell!

UPDATE 25 Jan:-
Latest update on Jub via Cats Claw:-
"Jubs is on the mend albeit slowly, progress is slow and at this stage is not due for release from his incarceration until 6/2/17 at the earliest." :thumbsu:

UPDATE 4 Feb:-
as reported on Cats Claw, JUB left hospital yesterday. So DQs beware, he will be back soon!

UPDATE 16 Feb:- as reported on Cats Claw by Jub's brother - "JubJub passed away this morning in Geelong Hospital. He was 44 years old."

UPDATE 17 Feb: -
Jub's brother has given his consent that I post this here - Jub's funeral details:-
Bevan Candlish's funeral will be at 11am Thursday 23rd February at Geelong Memorial Park, Armstrong Creek. Anyone who knew him is welcome to join us. He asked that we all wear something blue and/or white to represent his two passions - the Cats and Ford Racing.

Last edited:

Side note: I have never heard of this Cats Claw website.

Cats Claw...in various forms has been around for years...twenty plus years? I joined BigFooty in 2003, but was on Cats Claw for several years before that. JUBJUB was on it before me, so may have an idea exactly when it started.

At one stage it had a LOT of traffic as it was one of the first fan message boards around focused on the Geelong Football Club.

It was even officially linked with the club at one time, but that went sour when club officials decided to edit/delete threads they didn't like, so we pulled the plug on the official link.

Unfortunately several years ago a fair bit of trolling started to occur on it and a lot of people left.

...and then BigFooty took over.

These days it is a better community but very small. The latest iteration of the website has a stat line saying that there was 160 people online at the sametime on a day in 2010, but on previous versions of the website there would have been more than that. Now to get 20 people on at the same time is unusual.

http://geelongcatsmessageboard.yuku.com/ You need to register.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats Claw...in various forms has been around for years...twenty plus years? I joined BigFooty in 2003, but was on Cats Claw for several years before that. JUBJUB was on it before me, so may have an idea exactly when it started.

At one stage it had a LOT of traffic as it was one of the first fan message boards around focused on the Geelong Football Club.

It was even officially linked with the club at one time, but that went sour when club officials decided to edit/delete threads they didn't like, so we pulled the plug on the official link.

Unfortunately several years ago a fair bit of trolling started to occur on it and a lot of people left.

...and then BigFooty took over.

These days it is a better community but very small. The latest iteration of the website has a stat line saying that there was 160 people online at the sametime on a day in 2010, but on previous versions of the website there would have been more than that. Now to get 20 people on at the same time is unusual.

http://geelongcatsmessageboard.yuku.com/ You need to register.

I have a Cats Claw profile and it was the place I predominantly posted for years - forgot my passwords though and eventually gravitated toward BF ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back