Universal Love Get Well Stuart Cochrane

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 1, 2014
NeverNevers
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-03-30/statement-stuart-cochrane
THE Port Adelaide Football Club regrets to advise that Director of Academies, Stuart Cochrane, is receiving chemotherapy to treat Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.

General Manager of Football, Chris Davies, says the thoughts of Port Adelaide’s staff, players and community are with Stuart as he undergoes treatment.

The Port Adelaide family wish you and your family all the best and support you through your recovery.

It's good that the club made a statement after Rowie mentioned it to Choco in his segment yesterday. As I wrote in the Lets Talk Ports thread, Choco talked a bit about Stuie being one of the best people he has met in footy. He said if he could beat cancer, he told Stuie you will beat this because you are a lot tougher person than me.

All the best Stuie. I know it will be a tough battle coming up. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia means its at an aggressive stage.

Apply your single-minded determination to beating this illness Stuey and you will come through. All the best for a speedy and complete recovery.

The disconnect between niceness, fitness, lots of other good things is huge. Even at my age bad things happening to good people surprises. I met him and his wife years ago just after they had their first kid so it bites a tiny bit more. All the best Stuey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure Stuey will approach this like he did his Footy, with everything he had. The support of family, friends and the Footy Club will be invaluable as he battles this.

All the best.

I've got his autograph twice since he retired, one was in 2011 when he was a runner after we won our first AFL game at Adelaide Oval and the other was when I went back to the Port club after a win at AAMI Stadium a few years later.

Both times he said "Why do you want my autograph for? I didn't do anything!" :D

Hope he gets through this swiftly.

Hope you beat this Stuey, the thoughts and good wishes of the entire Port nation are with you

Has anyone heard any updates, through people at the club, how Stuie is going with his battle with Leukemia?

All the best with the continued battle Stuie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back