Universal Love Get Well Stuart Cochrane

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomer was just on SEN saying that Stuart is going in for a bone marrow replacement today.
Thanks or the update bd. I will be honest and say I dont know if that is good news or not

20 odd years ago when my mum didnt beat her Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, they ruled out a bone marrow transplant. They said they only did that for kids back in 1995.

Thanks or the update bd. I will be honest and say I dont know if that is good news or not

20 odd years ago when my mum didnt beat her Acute Myeloid Leukaemia, they ruled out a bone marrow transplant. They said they only did that for kids back in 1995.

My mum had Leukaemia when I was 6 months old. She had a Bone Marrow transplant when I was 2 with my auntie who was a compatible donor. 34 years on shes now having her 63rd birthday. So yes a bone marrow transplant is goo news if its a good donor

My mum had Leukaemia when I was 6 months old. She had a Bone Marrow transplant when I was 2 with my auntie who was a compatible donor. 34 years on shes now having her 63rd birthday. So yes a bone marrow transplant is goo news if its a good donor
Thinking about this a bit more, my mum was diagnosed when she had 70% blast cells ( think that was the phrase they used) and the Leukaemia was very aggresive, so maybe that's why they ruled it out for her.

Boomer was just on SEN saying that Stuart is going in for a bone marrow replacement today.
Good luck
Thinking about this a bit more, my mum was diagnosed when she had 70% blast cells ( think that was the phrase they used) and the Leukaemia was very aggresive, so maybe that's why they ruled it out for her.
I was diagnosed with all leukaemia in oct 2015. I had 87%blast cells and the first 2 lots of chemo didn't work luckily the 3rd lot did. I then was lucky enough to find a unrelated donar and had a bone marrow transplant in may 2016. I then spent 4 and a half months in icu with docs trying to get my family to turn if life support. After 6 mths in hospital i got out and have been getting better ever since. So basically the transplant nearly killed me but ended saving my life. Fingers crossed stewy goes well.

Good luck

I was diagnosed with all leukaemia in oct 2015. I had 87%blast cells and the first 2 lots of chemo didn't work luckily the 3rd lot did. I then was lucky enough to find a unrelated donar and had a bone marrow transplant in may 2016. I then spent 4 and a half months in icu with docs trying to get my family to turn if life support. After 6 mths in hospital i got out and have been getting better ever since. So basically the transplant nearly killed me but ended saving my life. Fingers crossed stewy goes well.
s**t - that sounds like a bloody terribly tough time robbo. I dont know how much medical science has progressed since 1995, but the 1st lot of chemo didn't work for my mum and we were surprised how well her body coped with it. The 2nd lot they upped the dosage substantially and it was horrendous. It almost killed my mum. Myself and all of my siblings after watching my mum's demise, have vowed we will only do 1 round of chemo if we ever get leukemia. My dad said he doesnt want anything to do with chemo, and given he is now 88, probably wont be asked to go thru it. It was a terrible 2 weeks of 2nd chemo treatment and then 3 weeks of palliative care.

All the best with your continue health improvement robbo.

Good luck

Yes. My mum was 27 when diagnosed and was given 1-3 years. 18 months on it progressed to the stage where a bone marrow transplant was the last option. Survival raret at the time was 15-30% if donor is available. Then there was the pain my auntie went through during the transplant. Very paingul procedure or the donor. My mum was in isolation for 6 weeks with only a nurse for contact and everyone else had to say hi through the glass. Once my dad and family could visito we had to scrub down like surgeons. Mum's body then was ravaged by rejection. Ulcers, Septicemia, Blood clots, Shingles, Ulcerated corneas etc etc. New drugs started to be introduced as mum and dad kept saying good bye to people who they met at the hospital as the low survival rate impacted them. Things slowly started to turn around with her body finally accepting the transplant. Im so glad for my auntie saving my mum. Otherwise I would have grown up not knowing her.

Yes. My mum was 27 when diagnosed and was given 1-3 years. 18 months on it progressed to the stage where a bone marrow transplant was the last option. Survival raret at the time was 15-30% if donor is available. Then there was the pain my auntie went through during the transplant. Very paingul procedure or the donor. My mum was in isolation for 6 weeks with only a nurse for contact and everyone else had to say hi through the glass. Once my dad and family could visito we had to scrub down like surgeons. Mum's body then was ravaged by rejection. Ulcers, Septicemia, Blood clots, Shingles, Ulcerated corneas etc etc. New drugs started to be introduced as mum and dad kept saying good bye to people who they met at the hospital as the low survival rate impacted them. Things slowly started to turn around with her body finally accepting the transplant. Im so glad for my auntie saving my mum. Otherwise I would have grown up not knowing her.
s**t sounds familiar my brother was not a match but i was lucky to find a great match and are trying to get in contact to give my thanks. I should of been more isolated after the transplant i had a sick nurse give me numonia and it snowballed from there but fingers crossed that is in the past .

s**t - that sounds like a bloody terribly tough time robbo. I dont know how much medical science has progressed since 1995, but the 1st lot of chemo didn't work for my mum and we were surprised how well her body coped with it. The 2nd lot they upped the dosage substantially and it was horrendous. It almost killed my mum. Myself and all of my siblings after watching my mum's demise, have vowed we will only do 1 round of chemo if we ever get leukemia. My dad said he doesnt want anything to do with chemo, and given he is now 88, probably wont be asked to go thru it. It was a terrible 2 weeks of 2nd chemo treatment and then 3 weeks of palliative care.

All the best with your continue health improvement robbo.
I was the same didnt lose my hair and coped really well with first 2 lots of chemo which didn't work . Im a big guy and they hit me with the kitchen sink the 3rd time i knew it was working as I was sick as a dog and lost my hair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck

Glad you are still here with us mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back