getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
Love the Goater and Curtis picks, but interested in why you think we'd take Milan there? Just best available?

Best available yeh.

Versatile player who can play between multiple roles and comes across as a professional and easily coachable player

BrentFalks90

Debutant
Jul 9, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have updated some picks in Rounds 1 2 and added R3 now

PICK 22: NORTH MELBOURNE – SONSIE
PICK 23: HAWTHORN – HOWES
PICK 24: GEELONG – ROBERTS
PICK 25: HAWTHORN - BUTLER
PICK 26: ST. KILDA NGA - OWENS
PICK 27: CARLTON - LONG
PICK 28: RICHMOND – BAZZO
PICK 29: GWS ACADEMY – FAHEY
PICK 30: RICHMOND – TAYLOR
PICK 31: RICHMOND - WARNER
PICK 32: WEST COAST – SHELDRICK
PICK 33: GEELONG – ALLEER
PICK 34: SYDNEY – BROWN
PICK 35: GEELONG – CLARKE
PICK 36: ADELAIDE – MURLEY
PICK 37: GEELONG – MACDONALD
PICK 38: WEST COAST – LORD
PICK 39: MELBOURNE - BANKS
PICK 40: SYDNEY - CHARLIE DEAN

PICK 41: BRISBANE - WILLIAMS
PICK 42: NORTH MELBOURNE - NOAH PEGORARO
PICK 43: ST KILDA NGA - WINDHAGER
PICK 44: NORTH MELBOURNE - LOHMANN
PICK 45: PORT ADELAIDE F/S - BURGOYNE
PICK 46: MELBOURNE - HOUGH
PICK 47: GEELONG - CONWAY
PICK 48: ESSENDON - MOLAN
PICK 49: WESTERN BULLDOGS - RANKIN
PICK 50: ESSENDON - CURTIS
PICK 51: MELBOURNE - JACKSON
PICK 52: COLLINGWOOD - CAMMINITI

Highly doubt North go a mature age player like Pegoraro, they’re looking to bite the bullet early at Bazzo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Highly doubt North go a mature age player like Pegoraro, they’re looking to bite the bullet early at Bazzo.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Be interesting to see if they do and will probably mean needing to trade further into the second round.

Either way there’s a gap to fill whether it’s a younger or more mature KPD

Be interesting to see if they do and will probably mean needing to trade further into the second round.

Either way there’s a gap to fill whether it’s a younger or more mature KPD
I'd say most likely that they take him with their first pick of the second round

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I have seen some phantoms suggesting Motlop at our third pick, and also suggestions we may take Williams. Pretty unlikely in my opinion. Neither seem "best available" at that pick, although I understand the thinking that neither will be available at our distant fourth pick, although I think there is some kind of possibility Motlop is bid on after 30.

Any thoughts on Fremantle's pick 19(21) and which players may be available, and if any clubs would look to trade for it? What trade would work for both parties.

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I have seen some phantoms suggesting Motlop at our third pick, and also suggestions we may take Williams. Pretty unlikely in my opinion. Neither seem "best available" at that pick, although I understand the thinking that neither will be available at our distant fourth pick, although I think there is some kind of possibility Motlop is bid on after 30.

Any thoughts on Fremantle's pick 19(21) and which players may be available, and if any clubs would look to trade for it? What trade would work for both parties.

It’s a really interesting pick that 19/ 21.

Their will be some talent available and how they lean at 8 may depend it.

If they go Erasmus than they may look to add a class user, if they get Milera it might be a best available mid like Sonsie.

Add Jai Serong late and it’s a draft

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I'd say most likely that they take him with their first pick of the second round

I strongly considered it and with Greenwood added today that is another bull inside that maybe opens the door do for a little reach at Bazzo.

Just think inside 25 is a slight reach.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I strongly considered it and with Greenwood added today that is another bull inside that maybe opens the door do for a little reach at Bazzo.

Just think inside 25 is a slight reach.
We’ve seen it the last couple of drafts, clubs go early on not so highly rated talls, when there isn’t great depth in the tall pool to begin with.

The problem is, if top 25 is to early, how far back is a team comfortable trading, to still hope the player they want is still on board.

I’ve had this discussion on the Lions board, about trading back to then select Bazzo and pick up a future draft asset, where I’ve said I’d be comfortable trading back to Hawthorn’s pick 24.

Not sure I’d be so comfortable doing that now, if we wanted a tall.

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
CLUB BREAK DOWNS UP TO ROUND 4

ADELAIDE (3 picks) Josh Rachele, Cooper Murley and James Willis

Looking to add some more class to the smaller forward mix with Rachelle and Murley before finishing the draft with the local versatile player in Willis

BRISBANE (5 picks) Josh Gibcus, Campbell Chesser, Sam Banks, Morgan Ferres and James Tunstill

Not a bad draft for the Lions. Added to the kpp depth with Gibcus before the general fwd in Ferres late. Chesser is a more balanced in and out player than Banks but both add a lot in terms of rebound. Tunstill is pretty much a best available with the last pick

CARLTON (2 picks) Zac Taylor and Hugh Jackson

Taylor or Judson Clarke to the Blues was a hair splitter and both bring a lot of zip to the team when deployed as forwards. Jackson is just a bank able player through the midfield who accumulates comfortably.

COLLINGWOOD (4 picks) Nick Daicos F/S, Toby Conway, Lewis Rayson and Anthony Caminiti

Daicos the crowning jewel of the draft and what you build it around in the future. Used the platform to bring another couple of talls in with Caminiti and Conway the ruckman to develop under Grundy and given they've recently lost Max Lynch. Rayson brings some extra speed and ability to read the play but could turn him into a genuine smaller forward.

ESSENDON (3 picks) Josh Sinn, Kai Lohmann and Ned Long

Sinn is a top end player who fits in well at the Bombers pick and could push for opportunities quickly. Lohmann meets a need as a smaller/ gen fwd and than Long as that taller and bigger bodied (in time) inside mid that meets the prototypes of modern mids.

FREMANTLE (5 picks) Nasiah Wanganeen Milera, Neil Erasmus, Jesse Motlop, Jai Serong and Josh Cripps

Wanganeen Milera is just real class by foot which I think meets a list need for Freo as a distributor from the back half or wing. My rationale with Motlop instead of a tall like Van Rooyen is that their really is very little chance he gets outside that top 40 requirement to land as a Freo NGA player.

Serong and Cripps late add some more height and KPP depth. Cripps their is a steal I think and someone I wouldn't even mind WC considering with their final pick if we didn;t need to regenerate the midfield so much.

GEELONG (5 picks) Sam Butler, Judson Clarke, Connor Macdonald, Charlie Dean and Charlie Molan

Butler and McDonald meet some needs with midfield regeneration. Clarke as a small forward with real x factor who will bring the pressure also. Dean as a mature age replacement for Lachie Henderson and Molan is maybe not so much of a need but certainly a best available with his versatility and coachability.

GOLD COAST (1 live pick) Finn Callaghan

Not much to write home here for the Suns. Callaghan is a fairly clear best available at 5.

GWS (3 picks) Mac Andrew, Tyler Sonsie and Josh Fahey NGA

Be interesting to see long term where Andrew fits. They've got Preuss and Flynn, maybe Mumford, ahead as genuine rucks but for a team in need of KPP depth his versatility could be a huge asset. Sonsie brings some talent and class use to the mix and the Fahey bid is maybe a bit earlier than hoped for.

HAWTHORN (5 picks) Josh Ward, Blake Howes, Rhett Bazzo, Jake Soligo and Corey Preston

Good blend here for the Hawks with Ward as the genuine mid, Soligo and Preston the versatile between mid and fwd and potential late gems, Bazzo as a developing KPD and Howes as that similar to the current Jack Gunston forward into the future.

MELBOURNE (5 picks) Darcy Wilmot, Alastair Lord, Jack Williams, Jamieson Ballantyne and Taj Woewodin F/S

I've gone with a few mids here for the Dees and added outside class apart from the KPF in Jack Williams. Adding Woewodin late is a handy finish

NORTH MELBOURNE (5 picks) Jason Horne Francis, Jacob Van Rooyen, Paul Curtis, Lachlan Rankin and Oscar Morrison

Horne Francis and Van Rooyen inside 25 is a great start to the draft for North. Curtis as a genuine small forward, Rankin with some outside class and Morrison late as a developing KPD. Morrison could become Jackson Archer depending on a bid.

PORT ADELAIDE (3 picks) Arlo Draper, Jase Burgoyne F/S and Kade Dittmar

Bring in some class with Draper and Burgoyne before finishing with Dittmar as a real solid citizen inside mid to regenerate that area post Boak.

RICHMOND (5 picks) Ben Hobbs, Jye Amiss, Tom Brown, Matthew Roberts and Leek Alleer

Few boxes ticked here for the Tigers. Inside mids with Hobbs and Roberts, outside class in Brown and KPP depth at each end in the highly rated Amiss and mature aged Alleer for post Robbie Tarrant.

ST. KILDA (3 picks) Josh Goater, Mitch Owens NGA and Marcus Windhager NGA

Not a lot for the Saints to do this draft except for wait for the Owens and Windhager bids and keep everything crossed that they happen outside the first round. Owens the more likely to make them sweat over it.

SYDNEY (4 picks) Mitch Knevitt, Corey Warner, Noah Pegoraro and Tyreece Lieu

Knevitt and possibly Lieu add to that bigger bodied that inside mid mix that they desire post JPK. Warner brings a nice balanced midfield game and joins older brother Chad at the Swans. Noah Pegoraro is a really good mature prospect who is now ready to take the next step from WAFL footy and has built and developed well.

WEST COAST (4 picks) Matthew Johnson, Angus Sheldrick, Brady Hough and Josh Browne

Largely a midfielders draft and they are all local which is handy. Browne is the succeptible one where I wouldn't mind Josh Cripps from East Fremantle but stayed the course and went midfield.

WESTERN BULLDOGS (2 picks) Sam Darcy F/S and Hugh Stagg

A quiet draft in the first 4 rounds for the Dogs who sit back and match the Darcy bid which I'm sure they're hoping comes at 3 or later but unlikely to happen given that the Ginats currently hold live pick 2 also. Stagg is a ripper to get in the 4th round and almost a best available style pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back