Gettin slim

Remove this Banner Ad

powerhouse33

Draftee
Jun 18, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
G'day rigs look im 16, 6 ft 5 and approximately 110kg so a pretty big unit
Ive sprained my ankle pretty bad and have not been able to run on it for about 8 weeks now.
Ive gained a bit of fat due to not being able to run and am looking for a solution for my problems,
Whats the best cardio workout besides running that i could do to lose some weight? any hep would be great fellas

I'm the polar opposite of you ie. 60 years old, 185cm, and 72kg, IMO weight loss is 90% about what you put in your mouth and 10% exercise.

Ive sprained my ankle pretty bad and have not been able to run on it for about 8 weeks now.
Ive gained a bit of fat due to not being able to run and am looking for a solution for my problems,
Whats the best cardio workout besides running that i could do to lose some weight? any hep would be great fellas
you have ligma

Eat less food

It’s a common misconception that you need lots of cardio to lose weight. Cardio helps but look at into this way. I will burn around a 100 calories per km I run based on running 5 min kms. A tim tam has 100 calories per biscuit.

Now tell me what is easier, not eating 2 tim tams or eating 2 tim tams and going for a 2km run. “Effectively burning off the calories you ate”

Th easiest calories you burn are the ones you don’t eat. This doesn’t mean starve yourself.

Understand what your BMR is and what your calorie intake should be for the day.

Cut carbs and eliminate sugar all together but don't drop overall calories too much, you'll feel awful and have no energy.

Cut carbs and eliminate sugar all together but don't drop overall calories too much, you'll feel awful and have no energy.

Cutting carbs/sugar isn’t some magic to weight loss.

Agree not cutting calories to drastically gradual decline much better option

Cutting carbs/sugar isn’t some magic to weight loss.

While I agree with what I think you are saying (2000 calories is 2000 calories regardless of carb content) cutting carbs and sugars and sticking to non-processed foods drastically reduces your appetite and makes it a lot easier to stick to a low-cal diet.

Jump on your pushie, but don't stand on it to pedal until your ankle can handle it

Never implied it was...

It's the main reason most people are fat though.

Sugar consumption has actually decreased in the last 5-10 years and obesity levels havent. You know what hasn’t decreased? Calorie intake

Last edited:
While I agree with what I think you are saying (2000 calories is 2000 calories regardless of carb content) cutting carbs and sugars and sticking to non-processed foods drastically reduces your appetite and makes it a lot easier to stick to a low-cal diet.

But then some people cut sugars lose weight and then binge on processed food.

Some can handle no sugar and stay lean, others can’t the will binge and then purge.

That is why saying blanket statements like cut out all sugar is just to simplistic.

What drives weight loss is calorie deficit, how you achieve that is upto the individual and one size doesn’t fit all. The best diet is the one you will stick to. The biggest improver for your health is reducing body fat.

Sugar consumption has actually decreased in the last 5-10 years and obesity levels havent. You know what hasn’t decreased? Calorie intake

If not from simple carbs where are the additional cals coming from?

Not objecting just interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If not from simple carbs where are the additional cals coming from?

Not objecting just interested.

I’d say from all macros, but people in general just make poor choices around food and have little idea how calorie dense food can be particularly junk food.

I’m not saying sugar is good for you to but it ain’t the devil it’s made out to be

I find that high fat/protein works best for me but once achieving my goals it isn't sustainable long term.
I’m similar. I do LCHF Spring and Summer to get and hold decent visible abs. No way I could do it all year, without going crazy.

it’s definitely easier to not overeat on it though. Have a bunch of carbs that fill you to bursting and you can eat a lot again an hour later. Never felt that way after filling up on Fat/Protein.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back