Entertainment & Music Getting alcohol into a festival...

Remove this Banner Ad

Make a false floor in the back of the wagon and stash a heap in there. Or even take out speakers, put them in there then close. Even underneath the car, jack it up and see if you can make something under there which will hold a slab somewhere.
I wouldn't be taking beers in though, would only be spirits.

HAving worked as security checking cars and all that for Pyramid Rock, the best way to do it is fill an esky with ice and pour straight vodka into it. They know all about the wheel wells, spare tyres, air boxes. They will feel your sleeping bags and everything and if they suspect you have anything they will pretty much tear your car apart to find it. (BEcause at the end of the day, if you don't collect what they confiscated when you leave they split it, so they will look for it)

I bleed blue has the right idea. Most cars won't even get checked when entering & they'll just ask you if you have any, you'd just have to be the unlucky one that has a full search, & even they the water bottle idea should be fine. The guys & girls on the gate would know fully well what people are bringing in & are mostly working for a free ticket to the festival (I did it last year), but the security guys that do the full car search are a different breed.

Once you're in the gates, it's fine. And with beers the hardest part about taking them isn't getting them in, but keeping them cold for the few days.

slabs of coke/soft drink that come in cardboard boxes. gently open of the sides without tearing the box, take out coke and replace with beer and seal it all back up with a bit of glue. got a few slabs in to pyramid rock festival this way a few years ago.

HAving worked as security checking cars and all that for Pyramid Rock, the best way to do it is fill an esky with ice and pour straight vodka into it. They know all about the wheel wells, spare tyres, air boxes. They will feel your sleeping bags and everything and if they suspect you have anything they will pretty much tear your car apart to find it. (BEcause at the end of the day, if you don't collect what they confiscated when you leave they split it, so they will look for it)

yeah i took a carload of girls down to this last year and was pretty surprised with how thorough the checking was.

although apparently it is a bit hit and miss as all the girls had been the year before and just had stuff wrapped up in the tents and sleeping bags and all that and got through unscathed the year before but last year everything was found. (god that was annoying - as the only male the seurity girls made me take out everything and do all the work - so i copped like 20 death stares and head shakes as everything was found and the girls just walked in off into th bloody festival - and nothing found was even mine!)

i got my stuff through tho. 2 large bottles of vodka jammed under the the dash up behind the golve compartment. worked a treat

Wouldn't have a clue if this works or not, but apparently at the moment there's this thing going about at local parties where you pour vodka into a bowl, and then a shitload of Starbursts go in the bowl as well. Apparently they absorb the vodka..

So if you had a syringe handy, put vodka into syringe, syringe in packaging = put vodka into packaging and the starbursts will clean up for you. Might be slightly heavier, but the big bags are 500g anyway so whats 250ml going to do really...and also you could take multiple bags in.

If it works, then eating the starbursts will be getting you drunk :thumbsu:

I'm going to do a pre run with this, see how everything works, how obvious etc (and you don't take the syringe in with you clearly)

Other ideas:
Sunscreen bottle - need a fall back with this, put a bit of actual sunscreen in the top of tube, then shut bottom of tube off so sunscreen doesn't mix with alcohol. That way if they check to see if it works, sunscreen comes out...got a problem if they open it up though. Could also put it in deep pockets anyway so the chances of them looking in it is low.
Possibly do the same with any type of 'liquid' container (e.g. toothpaste) if you are left with a small amount of vodka and can't drink it before you go to the festival

Windscreen wiper fluid container - good suggestion from this thread

Zip lock sandwhich bags - take 4/5 bags in, each with small amount of vodka (more than shot amount). As these bags are flexible, you will be able to hide them anyway, probably even in the shoes you are wearing (don't wear thongs while going in)
Zip lock bags are also handy for hiding alcohol in your car without cans, I'm pretty sure Falls in Tassie are only allowed to take your cars apart if they hear rattling. So zip lock sandwich bags are a clean, easy way to hide vodka (not beer though because requires higher quantity)

This is more for lots of small ways, rather than 1 way, but small ways is easier to hide stuff (would security really frisk your groin area ?? - it's only a ******* festival, so put zip lock bags there but not up your arse as suggested earlier)

Have not done any of these before - so who knows how they work. Just brainstorming.

So you're saying if I fill a bag of Starburst with vodka and leave it, the Starburst will absorb all the vodka and it will appear like a harmless bag of lollies? Effectively creating Starburst that get you sh*t-faced?

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trick is dont worry about getting to crazy. Most cars you can clip the back seat off. Put whatever spirits you want into plastic water bottles so they dont break and jam as many as you can in there.

I think we fit about 8 x 1.5L pump bottle filled with all kinds of spirits under my car seat last year.

They do check more and more, the first time i went to falls we had them in a compartment under the seat and the boot stacked so you had to empty the car to up the seats.

Only error was that we left a bag of limes, on the top so when the guy opened the door they literally fell on him, boot was so tightly filled he couldnt be ****ed looking but was obvious we wernt eating those limes wasnt it, haha

Have heard of mates who have had there doors taken off to check in the gap before

When we went to pyramid, two years in a row, we bought a back seat from the wreckers and scooped out the foam from underneath. We then taped slabs to the bottom, it was slightly uncomfortable to sit on it, but hey, SLABS!

We also bought an old LPG thing and cut a hole in it. Filled it with three slabs. The LPG thing kept everything ice cold even though it was stupidly hot. We also did the water bottle thing and grab some water in boxes, take out the water bladder and put in a goon bladder.

We had SO much alcohol we had to bring most of it home. I would suggest for hiding "smaller" items, a tampon box. No one will EVER check.

in so many ways this thread is depressing.

the australian festivals are just hardly worth it now. there are so many that the line-ups are further depleted from what they already are.

they insanely expensive and then you've got to battle to bring your own alcohol in to the campsite.

drugs are expensive as *.

my advise is to save the cash, put it towards a flight to europe, get a visa, work over there, and hit a few fests over there. cheaper, the vast majority you can take alcohol into the camp site, and it's easy as * to smuggle grog in to the music areas, the line-ups are infinitely better.

as TISM said - "Australia, the lucky campaigner" :(

in so many ways this thread is depressing.

the australian festivals are just hardly worth it now. there are so many that the line-ups are further depleted from what they already are.

they insanely expensive and then you've got to battle to bring your own alcohol in to the campsite.

drugs are expensive as ****.

my advise is to save the cash, put it towards a flight to europe, get a visa, work over there, and hit a few fests over there. cheaper, the vast majority you can take alcohol into the camp site, and it's easy as **** to smuggle grog in to the music areas, the line-ups are infinitely better.

as TISM said - "Australia, the lucky silly" :(

There's still some good 'uns.

My tip is don't go to corporate festivals.

I go to Meredith/Golden Plains and others. You can take as much piss as you can drink and I've never had trouble gettin' in with a stash of narcotics.

P.S. 'tis a shame about the swear filter, BT :D

This was used at the cricket a few years back- smuggling in scotch to mix with cheaper coke at the ground.
I buy at 2L bottle of generic cola, pour it down the sink and pour Wild Turkey and coke back in. Seal it with a home brew cap and I have premixed bourbons for the days play

So you're saying if I fill a bag of Starburst with vodka and leave it, the Starburst will absorb all the vodka and it will appear like a harmless bag of lollies? Effectively creating Starburst that get you sh*t-faced?

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Apparently.

I will be testing it out before Falls, probably start of December (need a month of planning). Will report on whether true or myth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back