Entertainment & Music Getting alcohol into a festival...

Remove this Banner Ad

iDon

Find me on the Golf Board
Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Falls were had 6 stations set up with paid security guards checking cars. Everything was taken out and they would even have you unpack your sleeping bag and tent. Saw a group of 4 blokes get nabbed for what seemed like all their booze, bottles of spirits and slabs. Hidden in the spare wheel hole. Poor lads. Luck of the draw.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

after all the effort I put in we didn't get checked at all, a volunteer chick just came up to us to tick off our car pass and just slapped on a big 'searched' sticker on the windshield after we said we didn't have any glass or gas bottles, then straight in.

Falls were had 6 stations set up with paid security guards checking cars. Everything was taken out and they would even have you unpack your sleeping bag and tent. Saw a group of 4 blokes get nabbed for what seemed like all their booze, bottles of spirits and slabs. Hidden in the spare wheel hole. Poor lads. Luck of the draw.

we just drove into the lane furthest away from the line where the full car searches were coming from, there was no way we were going to get through 5 lanes of cars to get across to the car search station.

iDon

Find me on the Golf Board
Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Plenty of profiling was happening. Car behind us (we were in the far lane) had 4 blokes in a station wagon. Guy past us and got them to pull up to be searched. Just luck of the draw, random. Wish we brought more in.

Rookies

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
None of our cars got searched, which made me bringing in such a small amount of grog real frustating. Put it down to festival inexperience and an inability to organise myself.

Drugs seemed ridiculously easy too. So many blokes had car fulls of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammymoite

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
The falls drinking smuggling is luck of the draw from personal experience... Genuinely a lotto game.

I was actually kicking myself in the end because I didn't bring enough drinks in the fear that the more I had, the more likely I'd get caught with it.

One of the staff just said hey how you going blah blah, put the sticker on the car and off we went. Easy as that.

ALSO worth saying that we came to falls in an old bomb of a car. Falls search rule of thumb: the better/bigger the vehicle, the more likely you're a top target for searchers. So those rocking up in 4WD's etc, have it all planned out.

The years we took our camper, they poked their head in the door, realised they were never gonna find anything, and sent us in our way

I had hidden stuff behind the fridge, and even had a few loose cans in the fridge that I was happy to play dumb about as a decoy

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Full refund of everyone in the car apparently. Will be interesting.
They have said that every year.

If they actually did that they'd be turning around a lot of people and nobody is going to return to a festival like that next time.

We're taking some in, it's just dumb luck in my opinion.

Funny how the coppers bang on about these festivals and drug taking. Well gee I wonder why when you can't take in your own booze and are therefore limited to paying 10 bucks a can for ******* Carlton Dry. Also limited to 4 cans which are opened on purchase, so forget about taking a few back to your campsite.

If they actually did that they'd be turning around a lot of people and nobody is going to return to a festival like that next time.

Funny how the coppers bang on about these festivals and drug taking. Well gee I wonder why when you can't take in your own booze and are therefore limited to paying 10 bucks a can for ******* Carlton Dry. Also limited to 4 cans which are opened on purchase, so forget about taking a few back to your campsite.

I dunno if they still do it, but lining up for tickets to buy grog was ******* insane!

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I dunno if they still do it, but lining up for tickets to buy grog was ******* insane!
Yeah in the main festival part they did.

Near the campsites when I wanted booze during the day you could just buy the tickets at the booze stall. Went to get 4 beers and they opened all 4 so 3 went flat while I drank the other one at my campsite.

Joke.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

I noticed 'ticket booth' on the map and just groaned. It's the most frustrating system.

Good thread btw. Seems a lot comes down to luck, we saw people unrolling sleeping bags and opening mattresses (!) last year at beyond the valley. They take it seriously these days.

OHS, aka the fun police have taken a lot of the fun out of gigs. When I first started going to them it was really no parents, no rules. Now they try to stop you sparking one up in a open air arena ffs.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Went to Gizzfest Melbourne last month. We filled some squeeze-y yogurt things vodka and put them down my dacks and we were all sweet. Was super easy to get alcohol and drugs in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back