Skills getting tagged

Remove this Banner Ad

lloyd18

Draftee
Jun 29, 2011
queensland
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me out i play in the midfield have got good pace and endurance and find plenty of ball but often i get double teamed or a hard tag just after some advice to shake tags or beat double teams cause i often dont get as much ball when this happens Cheers

what age or grade do you play let your coach know or at least a team mate to get onto your tagger at stoppages and at least give you a second or so or a few steps advantage youll also probably get more advice if you use punctuation i had to read your post through a few times to get what you were saying

Be smarter around the packs lose him there.
Talk to your midfield group and get them to apply blocks and bumps whenever they can. Simply really.

Go harder at the ball.

Weave through traffic, push off them, run them into the ground... that's the main strategies. Also helps if you have some big boys in your team to let them know your being tagged and to look out for your opponent and sort him out, within the rules of course!

what age or grade do you play let your coach know or at least a team mate to get onto your tagger at stoppages and at least give you a second or so or a few steps advantage youll also probably get more advice if you use punctuation i had to read your post through a few times to get what you were saying
Then you go and use the same style posting as the OP....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're on a smaller opponent I'd look for a rotation up forward and try to hurt him on the scoreboard, or maybe even push back as an extra defender and not be at so many stoppages around the middle (which works well if you have attacking half back flankers who like long runs, then you can play on his man while he drops back).

Be smarter around the packs lose him there.
Talk to your midfield group and get them to apply blocks and bumps whenever they can. Simply really.

Go harder at the ball.

This, and just wear him down with endurance.

Maybe fake him into trying to spread away from the ball to receive then once he's committed to you trying to be a receiver sprint to the ball.
Lead him one way then lead him the other, fake him out.
Destroy him with endurance if you have a better fitness base, be better when it comes down to crunch time.
LOLOL like someone said maybe tag their best player so they get confused.
Go harder at the ball.
Get other players to help block or nudge him off the ball.
If you're on the bench and the tagger comes to the bench it's your time to go! Meaning you'll have a period where you're being not being harassed as often.

Same as basketball, use other players to set screens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back