Getting Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm getting it too. I thought perhaps because I had tried and rejected so many times that I might be locked out.
I was trying to get offered seats on the Medallion Club side.

I'm getting the same message for the North v Coll game that I'm trying to buy tickets for as well.

Well that's a relief for me! I thought the same thing. The message changed to "you've used your code too many times" or something. I actually just emailed the club, so hopefully they'll sort it out.

Here's a random one. I'm a Dogs member and my mate is an AFL member. If I pop my barcode and then his barcode into the same order, does anyone know if this will work and have us seated together?

I'm getting it too. I thought perhaps because I had tried and rejected so many times that I might be locked out.
I was trying to get offered seats on the Medallion Club side.

I'm getting the same message for the North v Coll game that I'm trying to buy tickets for as well.

It's not you, it's them!

Thank you for your email.

Ticketmaster are experiencing an error at the moment which isn't allowing our members to redeem tickets. We have notified them and trying to resolve the issue as soon as we can.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards,

Western Bulldogs Membership Department
Western Bulldogs

Why are so many people struggling?

I just narrowed down the filters I wanted to get rid of and got two tickets in level 1 premium on centre wing for $20 :think:

Why are so many people struggling?

I just narrowed down the filters I wanted to get rid of and got two tickets in level 1 premium on centre wing for $20 :think:

I've literally never struggled with either company, I find the process simple.
There's an issue with the system now.

It's not you, it's them!

Thank you for your email.

Ticketmaster are experiencing an error at the moment which isn't allowing our members to redeem tickets. We have notified them and trying to resolve the issue as soon as we can.

We appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards,

Western Bulldogs Membership Department
Western Bulldogs

It's fixed

With Ticketek I can share a ticket by either entering an email address or SMS.

With Ticketmaster, it looks like I can only share tickets via email. Am I missing something, or is SMS not an option.

Apols if this is doubling up, but you can go into the Ticketmaster app on your phone and forward them via text from there after you've purchased them.

Here's a random one. I'm a Dogs member and my mate is an AFL member. If I pop my barcode and then his barcode into the same order, does anyone know if this will work and have us seated together?

Don't know, but you can only try because it will reject the number if you can't do it.

Anyone else only being offered L3 seating waaaay up the back? Previous weeks there’s been an option to select “Level 3 Premium” but that’s seemingly been removed (even after unlocking member codes).

As I've said before, there are any number of IT grads, including some in my family, who could design a better system. In fact, I'd back a year 10 IT class to do better.
But they would just design a system that is better for the consumers.

That’s not what the ticketing companies want. It’s in their interest for you to be confused and anxious. They know you are desperate and that you can’t go anywhere else for tickets. So they want to squeeze every available dollar out of you, and preferably keep the true premium seats for the waverers - the less committed members of the public - to buy a day or so before the game at premium prices.

My guess is the system is performing in accordance with the specs.

Anyone else only being offered L3 seating waaaay up the back? Previous weeks there’s been an option to select “Level 3 Premium” but that’s seemingly been removed (even after unlocking member codes).
Just got row b , l3 for zip at 8:50pm - after 28 attempts and finding the previous closest seat was where skylab landed. It's a weird system.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article completely devalued by having that piece of sh1t in the photo - could literally have picked any one of hundreds of players to make it a feel good article. I feel dirty having even bothered to look at the image.

On the bright side, will be happy to resume our normal seats, so I suppose there's a half-full glass in there somewhere.

Just read that email, it’s fair enough that it needs to keep going how it has for this year with what the Dogs have done.

If anyone still wants to complain, give yourself an uppercut. Look at what is now happening in WA and remain glad that at least for now, we can go to games.

The fixed seat for the last 4 home games will at least be a nice touch, some people will be luckier than others but at least it can be set.

Just read that email, it’s fair enough that it needs to keep going how it has for this year with what the Dogs have done.

If anyone still wants to complain, give yourself an uppercut. Look at what is now happening in WA and remain glad that at least for now, we can go to games.

The fixed seat for the last 4 home games will at least be a nice touch, some people will be luckier than others but at least it can be set.
Why is it fair enough? Why can other clubs do it but we cant ?

Its actually Bullsh1t.

Why is it fair enough? Why can other clubs do it but we cant ?

Its actually Bullsh1t.

Other clubs still sold reserve seat memberships, we chose not to and reduced memberships accordingly.

Those clubs are the ones that will allow members to go back to their reserved seats. How about those people paying for a reserved seat that they couldn't use ?

I think North are allowing people to go back to their reserved seat from round 14, so it's not an immediate change.

I need some help. I'm in Melbourne for a few days (unexpectedly) and want to go to the match on Sunday and also buy extra tickets for two non-members to sit with me. I haven't been to a Marvel game for 2-3 years so I'm pretty rusty on how it works and anyway it has all changed since Covid19.

I've obviously missed the special access window for members (Tuesday) but according to my email from the club I should still be able to redeem my member's ticket and buy others at whatever price they are charging. Subject to capacity of course.

When I follow the link to the dragon's den (Ticketmaster website) it acknowledges my member's passcode but the only options I can see are to upgrade my freeby at a cost of about $41 and buy two other tix at $66 each in L1-30 (I presume that's aisle 30?) Not what I expected but perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Or maybe it's just me not knowing how to do it right.

I don't even want to sit on Level 1. I'm quite happy to sit in GA level 3 and don't really want to spend over $130 on 2 tickets for people who don't even follow AFL normally, but I can't see an option to do that.

Are GA L3 tix sold out? Is there some trick to getting options other than top price tickets? Am I holding my tongue the wrong way when I hit enter? Regardless of the non-members tickets is there any way I can still get the $0 ticket I'm entitled to as a member? I'm wondering if anyone here knows but I'm happy to ring the club in the morning if no-one has any ideas.

NB: By contrast I followed the instructions for my ticket to the Manuka game (Ticketek) and it was a breeze.

I need some help. I'm in Melbourne for a few days (unexpectedly) and want to go to the match on Sunday and also buy extra tickets for two non-members to sit with me. I haven't been to a Marvel game for 2-3 years so I'm pretty rusty on how it works and anyway it has all changed since Covid19.

I've obviously missed the special access window for members (Tuesday) but according to my email from the club I should still be able to redeem my member's ticket and buy others at whatever price they are charging. Subject to capacity of course.

When I follow the link to the dragon's den (Ticketmaster website) it acknowledges my member's passcode but the only options I can see are to upgrade my freeby at a cost of about $41 and buy two other tix at $66 each in L1-30 (I presume that's aisle 30?) Not what I expected but perhaps I shouldn't be surprised. Or maybe it's just me not knowing how to do it right.

I don't even want to sit on Level 1. I'm quite happy to sit in GA level 3 and don't really want to spend over $130 on 2 tickets for people who don't even follow AFL normally, but I can't see an option to do that.

Are GA L3 tix sold out? Is there some trick to getting options other than top price tickets? Am I holding my tongue the wrong way when I hit enter? Regardless of the non-members tickets is there any way I can still get the $0 ticket I'm entitled to as a member? I'm wondering if anyone here knows but I'm happy to ring the club in the morning if no-one has any ideas.

NB: By contrast I followed the instructions for my ticket to the Manuka game (Ticketek) and it was a breeze.

Put your code in, 1 qty for member upgrade, 2 for adult for your mates.
Click on Choose Prices & Sections
1620300489477.png

Choose this one which correlates to level 3 premium, which you can see on the map will seat you at the front of lvl 3.
1620300615566.png

Press the arrow back

Click Find Tickets.

It's coming up with 3rd row, 3rd level coventry end right pocket.

1x $0
2x $27

Remove this Banner Ad

Back