Getting Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Everything I am seeing and hearing suggests crowds will go ahead this weekend, though at reduced numbers.

Might be around 50% capacity with the roof open and other measures in place.

An announcement will be made this afternoon

What state are you in. The app will reflect the times for the state applicable to you.
Melbourne this week.
It's definitely on Ch 7 according to the app ... and as posted by Doggy and ossie.

Thanks for your responses all.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Everything I am seeing and hearing suggests crowds will go ahead this weekend, though at reduced numbers.

Whether its 75% or 50%, its a joke either way. 50% at Marvel is still around 28k - more than enough to spread it around.

My understanding is 85% if roof open or 50% with roof closed.

So that brings up an interesting question.

Would you prefer to have the roof open and more people be able to attend, or the roof closed, you miss out on a ticket, but the Dogs get their pristine conditions that they thrive in

I've always pictured dogwatch in a state of urbane contemplation.
Haha, yes sometimes.
I do travel interstate a lot though:

State of excitement
State of confusion
State of bewilderment
State of intoxication

My understanding is 85% if roof open or 50% with roof closed.

So that brings up an interesting question.

Would you prefer to have the roof open and more people be able to attend, or the roof closed, you miss out on a ticket, but the Dogs get their pristine conditions that they thrive in

Roof closed, 50% and Melbourne fans can GAGF when it comes to tickets

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Whether its 75% or 50%, its a joke either way. 50% at Marvel is still around 28k - more than enough to spread it around.

Bingo. A case goes to footy infects 10 others, then 30, then 90 and we’re in lockdown.

To the people who want everything to just float along as normal, to sit cheek to jowl at Marvel, hug and cough over everyone, then don’t whinge if we get locked down.

Last edited:

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I was going to make the 4 hour round trip in to Marvel, but very reluctant now. Over 50, family members with compromised health issues. Even having had the first dose last week, I'm resigned to abusing my TV on Friday night when the inevitable crap umpiring rears its head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week coming is Geelong at the Pyramid-Ford Oval in G-Troit and then this happens with reportedly 800 people at Geelong Arena present.
1623489440016.png

Source: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites-map

I was hoping to break out of the 25km boundary for Friday night and I still hope to but this might be a bit of an issue for any significant crowds.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If anyone was thinking of going to Launceston for the Round 22 game against Hawthorn, Virgin have flights for $55 each way.

Already booked a flight for the Saturday morning if the game is Saturday hope there is no delays getting out of Melbourne also hope we are allowed into Tassie.

Back