Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
i rarely go further north than about miami/broadbeach, im down the southern end
if anyone wants some ideas down this way, let me know
Yes please more the merrier, I’m at Mermaid Beach so Miami and Broady work for me as locations

PS if you want to step back into the 80’s from a decor perspective the Mermaid Beach bowls club is a good spot with cheap meals and drinks, almost expect Muriel to come out and sing ABBA songs

A055C861-51BF-469A-AA61-9502530B67D5.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
down currumbin way there are a few coffee places along currumbin creek road, refinery is one, dust temple, iron and resin on stewart.
further into the valley there is pasture and co cafe at entrance of ecovillage, and a market once a month too at same place
and a walk at the very end of currumbin creek road at mt cougal

tugun has a few nice places too, niche and co is one i go to often

im not really a night person, i do most of my out n about time for breakfasts and lunch.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Looking for a place to take Lady Flashheart for her birthday this Sunday evening.

Preferably something with a nice view of the hinterland. Any recommendations?
No hinterland view but Little Truffle in Mermaid Beach is an awesome birthday/anniversary location. Expensive but worth every cent.

No hinterland view but Little Truffle in Mermaid Beach is an awesome birthday/anniversary location. Expensive but worth every cent.

thanks Eppo, just had a look and will put that on the shortlist to try out sometime but doesn't look like its open on Sundays

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
If your looking for a bit of entertainment after dinner, the Pink Flamingo Spiegel Club in Broady is very cool. Took the wife there last anniversary, loved it.

Because he wants views of the hinterland I’m struggling to come up with something.

yeah tricky right? We’re both more rainforest than beach type of people but options for Sunday evening are very limited.

I might go with George’s for now.

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions. I’ll have a few to check out for future evenings with the wife. We don’t get out nearly often enough.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
yeah tricky right? We’re both more rainforest than beach type of people but options for Sunday evening are very limited.

I might go with George’s for now.

Thank you to everyone who made suggestions. I’ll have a few to check out for future evenings with the wife. We don’t get out nearly often enough.

Good luck with George’s. The northern end of the GC is my weakness. I’m the man to ask about anything from Broadbeach to the Tweed.

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
What about the 4 winds revolving restaurant at the Crowne Plaza?
Distant Hinterland views...
I haven’t been there for a couple of years though.

What about the 4 winds revolving restaurant at the Crowne Plaza?
Distant Hinterland views...
I haven’t been there for a couple of years though.

I don’t think they’re open at the moment.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gold coasters
- which option tonight? the hinterland and rainforest or beach. Both within 30 mins of each other.

sydneysiders
- so you like concrete?

Back