Getting your girlfriend to lose weight?

Remove this Banner Ad

Never dabbled with the larger ladies (don't have license to operate heavy machinery), but as others have said, this problem is ultimately the doing of men.

Too many men settle, as OP is clearly doing here. He should show her the door quick smart. She's still very young and already showing bad attitude with her overweight status... she's only going to continue blowing out! Everyone has time to exercise, those saying not... they're just making excuses for laziness.

If men stopped accepting large women, guess what? They wouldn't exist.

Same goes for lazy men though, you shouldn't expect anything near a quality woman if you're not looking after yourself physically and have a clear purpose in life career wise, financially responsible and secure, etc.

Your problem not hers...she's happy to be a fat lazy slob and you're kidding your self you can change her.....move on its only going to get worse

Did he take your advice?
What happened with Op story?
Can only think it did not end well at this point until I read beyond this 2013 opening posts.

I've never understood those who find a partner (esp the one "of their dreams") and then just let themselves go.

If anything i would be the opposite, srs. Like one hour in the gym is not going to kill you ffs.
Never underestimate how lazy some people are and how much they love eating crap.

Never underestimate how lazy some people are and how much they love eating crap.

Truth.

Plus, many people live stressful lives and need a substance of some kind to relieve their anxiety of an evening. Alcohol, drugs, junk food are all common. Exercise is the best remedy though, it essentially clears / resets the mind, add to that the obvious physical benefits. You also give yourself some room to move in terms of junk food.

'Real' exercise that makes a significant difference hurts though, yes even for those who love it. Too hard for too many. I wouldn't go anywhere near a lady who hasn't incorporated exercise into her life. Life is hard, life is stressful for almost all of us. Don't be ashamed to judge people on how THEY choose to deal with it.

Yeah well I'd like to look good/attractive to my partner. Not talking about putting on make up everyday, but yeah weight- keeping myself "maintained" all that stuff, I would. And i'd expect him to do the same for me :)

I've never understood those who find a partner (esp the one "of their dreams") and then just let themselves go.

If anything i would be the opposite, srs. Like one hour in the gym is not going to kill you ffs.
Me and my partner talk about this all the time. See so many couple that have fully let themselves go and you wonder why they start looking elsewhere after a couple of years. We've said if one of us starts to get too out of shape then the other has license to mention it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would kill me. But I do try exercise every day and stick to it rain/hail/hangover or shine. You need the fitness to get the job done. Just need to get into a good habit.

But for all the fat talk how fat are we really talking? Some people can be incredibly judgemental. A bit of winter insulation or full on obesity in which case there are probably other issues at play.

But you do raise a good point. Does been in a r/ship sabotage this. Remember reading something like this eons a go. In that yeah they'd like to go for a half hour run but partner "wouldn't let them" Or no time to go to gym.

One thing I truthfully find unnerving is there is always this weird control aspect in relationships. Like you need to know everything. Does my head in.

OP just needs to accept his GF will always carry a few or if a deal breaker leave.

Many years ago, I used to date a girl who had a very pretty face but she was a very big girl, about the size of Cass Elliot from the 1960s folk group 'The Mamas and the Papas'. Her weight was never an issue for me, and in fact I thought she might be the one. Unfortunately, she thought differently and we went our separate ways. We stayed friends for a while, but drifted apart and lost contact after she met a new boyfriend.

Years passed, and one day I had a chance meeting with her. She was now married to the boyfriend - had been for a long time - and they had a son and daughter. And despite the passage of some 15 years and two pregnancies, she was now sported the slim, perfect figure of Mama Cass's band-mate, Michelle Phillips. I wished her and her husband and their kids all the best then went on my way, but for some reason I kept hearing the 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' theme - Frolic by Luciano Michelini - the rest of the day and most of the next one too.

I reckon the I don't "have the time" excuse for anything in life has to be the most overused one in modern society. Sure some people are genuinely are very time poor but I reckon the vast majority of the time it's just BS.

It's the Liberal party's fault let's be honest.

Meanwhile I think I only have Friday this week with no physical activity planned.

Never dabbled with the larger ladies (don't have license to operate heavy machinery), but as others have said, this problem is ultimately the doing of men.

Too many men settle, as OP is clearly doing here. He should show her the door quick smart. She's still very young and already showing bad attitude with her overweight status... she's only going to continue blowing out! Everyone has time to exercise, those saying not... they're just making excuses for laziness.

If men stopped accepting large women, guess what? They wouldn't exist.

Same goes for lazy men though, you shouldn't expect anything near a quality woman if you're not looking after yourself physically and have a clear purpose in life career wise, financially responsible and secure, etc.

Quality Woman = skinny?

riiiiiight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back