Unofficial Preview GF Discussion v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selection headache for sure. Tamper with a settled backline? In fixing a problem could they be creating a different problem?
Its talk coming from a 200 game Pies player who is still connected to the club. It's a forced change so whether you want to or not, someone needs to come in and someone needs to take on the key forward role that Dan was. I'm sure any decision that's made is a bit of a gamble.

They don't play many day games plus Melbourne hasn't been that warm for a while. Definitely an advantage to us
If it stays like the forecast that's great but anyone who has lived in Melbourne will know, forecasting weather anymore than 1 hour out on any given day is frought with danger......;) let alone 5 days out.

Have the nerves started kicking in for anyone else yet?

I honestly thought the prelim euphoria would last longer for me. I’m stressed

Hahaha - oscillating between manic excitement & being petrified. Think sub consciously, may have a little PTSD from the first quarter the other night

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its talk coming from a 200 game Pies player who is still connected to the club. It's a forced change so whether you want to or not, someone needs to come in and someone needs to take on the key forward role that Dan was. I'm sure any decision that's made is a bit of a gamble.
Agree, to a degree. Any change to your preferred 22 can be a bit of a gamble, only have to look at the discussion regarding Payne out and Gardiner in for us. McStay out will effect their structure but they do have an advantage that their hand was forced for the 12 odd weeks he missed. The scary thing is, pies have only lost one game this season when McStay was not playing, (versus Dees). 😕

With McStay out and apparently having to consider throwing a non-forward player down there I think their structure will be compromised, if we can open it up I find it hard to see them outscoring us.
The unknown can be just as dangerous. Ask the Saints. Modra was out; happy days right and then they play a guy the equivalent of an undersized Darcy Gardiner in Shane Ellen and he kicks 5 and a HFF freak in Darren Jarman plays FF and kicks 5 or 6.

Job half done. Now smash those Pies.

Tear down the AFL's Melbourne fortress and crash their Victorian fairytale.

This is the year of the Lions
can i ask. what are your thoughts on not winning alot at the mcg? will it matter?

Finally booked my flights. I feel like going Jetstar is Russian Roulette these days though. :(

You are not wrong....will never fly with them again after 3 cancellations in 24 hrs last year

Good luck, just hope you've allowed enough extra time to allow for any hitches. Better to be way to early than way too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can i ask. what are your thoughts on not winning alot at the mcg? will it matter?
Perfect for us, Collingwood will think they are invincible on their home deck where they play 16-17 games a year plus finals.
Will also be an extra motivator for our boys because it will be talked about all week from the VIC media.

You are not wrong....will never fly with them again after 3 cancellations in 24 hrs last year

Good luck, just hope you've allowed enough extra time to allow for any hitches. Better to be way to early than way too late.
Booked first thing Friday morning for that reason. Sydney to Melbourne or vice versa is a joke these days.

McStay's injury has created some dilemmas for Fly. Moving Howe from defense will compromise their defensive structure. If it was any other game, yeah easily done. Not a Grand Final I believe. IMO Frampton will come in and share the Forward duties with Cameron and Cox.

Another option is, as we have excess tall forwards we lend them Gunners for the day.

That was the weather for the 2001 V Bombers IIRC
Yep, 27C back then. The Dover Castle Hotel Richmond was a great place to celebrate post game, I think we left/doors closed around 2am. Good times!

I come in peace. Just dropping by to wish you the best of luck and ask you to do all us non Collingwood supporting Victorians a favour and give us some salty Pies fans tears, please. Can see Harris Andrews having a field day and Cameron kicking 6

Grand Final Parade followed by the Captains Run at the MCG. Friday is set.
Watched Offsiders on ABC Sunday and Mick Malthouse said the only thing he would suggest for interstate teams is to have the Captains run before the parade. He went over some logical reasons why.
He also mentioned it is a nothing thing training wise. Just a kick and run to do something.
The show was 15 minutes of AFL then 15 minutes NRL.

Good to see the Lions Captains run is at the MCG Friday 9am - 9.30 am.

Also Tuesday BHA 9.00am-10.45am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back