Unofficial Preview GF Discussion v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So big question is.

Will Fagan take the boys to a closed screening of the original Predator?:think::thumbsu:

Good way to chill out have a laugh for a couple of hours bonding with the team.

predator GIF

What a great piece of club history. :thumbsu: Still remember this at the start of the Lions dynasty. Rolling the unbeatable Bombers.

You guys are my 2nd team btw. Back then you had some NT boys on the list and if you are beating Vic teams in finals whats not to like.

Enjoy the week Lions fans.

Last edited:

Apparently Tom Mitchell was sent for scans on his back too. If they lose him too they'll be in trouble.

Actually if they lose him we might be in trouble, I was silently banking on the fact that the umpires might pick this week to start paying throwing the ball free kicks, and we’d get a goal every time he got the ball

Actually if they lose him we might be in trouble, I was silently banking on the fact that the umpires might pick this week to start paying throwing the ball free kicks, and we’d get a goal every time he got the ball
Could actually be something in that. Will the umpires overreact to the weekend’s criticism of putting the whistle away too much and get trigger-happy, or will they double down and give nothing? The clue might be in who gets selected.

Those travelling down from Brisbane The London Tavern is your place for pre game bevvies. However, enough pubs in and around both Punt Road and Swan St to satisfy any needs. Unfortunately, i doubt you will be able to acquire any XXXX Bitter. Downed 42 on a recent 10 day sojourn to Palm Cove. Delightful. Not quite a Melbourne Bitter, but did the job

I come in peace. Just dropping by to wish you the best of luck and ask you to do all us non Collingwood supporting Victorians a favour and give us some salty Pies fans tears, please. Can see Harris Andrews having a field day and Cameron kicking 6

This is the spirit! It’s actually a pleasure facing the team the everyone loves to hate

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

News just in - Your 2023 Norm Smith medallist everybody, in a game yet to be played - N. Daicos.

Wow Daicos had a pretty vanilla game by his standards, a few turnovers by foot which the commentators glossed over. A lot of back half cheapies from memory, though we can’t forget there is the VFL multiple,
Collingwood multiple and then the Daicos multiple in each disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Daicos had a pretty vanilla game by his standards, a few turnovers by foot which the commentators glossed over. A lot of back half cheapies from memory, though we can’t forget there is the VFL multiple,
Collingwood multiple and then the Daicos multiple in each disposal.
His best effort was not getting penalised for a tackle that resulted in a HIA.

3 Pies players , their 3 most popular players with their supporters ,when they fell in by a point in a game where they were outplayed for the majority of it.

No argument with DeGoey but the next best players on the ground were GWS players. Or if you lost the game did you not 'stand up' whatever that's meant to mean.

3 Pies players , their 3 most popular players with their supporters ,when they fell in by a point in a game where they were outplayed for the majority of it.

No argument with DeGoey but the next best players on the ground were GWS players. Or if you lost the game did you not 'stand up' whatever that's meant to mean.
It's a made up "award" written up by a single "journalist" who's sole aim is to focus attention on his owners, cf: "Sliding Doors". The easiest way is to pander to the biggest audiences and potentially annoy the rest. He's obviously done his job, so well done him.

It's a made up "award" written up by a single "journalist" who's sole aim is to focus attention on his owners, cf: "Sliding Doors". The easiest way is to pander to the biggest audiences and potentially annoy the rest. He's obviously done his job, so well done him.
Overall I don't have a lot of issues with all the journos and ex players pandering to their biggest audience like some others do , that's generally what most sections of the media do in all sectors, but in this case he's a long way off the mark. Pendlebury ??

In some ways it's advantageous to our players not to get the same adulation. Keeps a lid on any big heads and the attention that goes with it and it can drive them to prove something. I get the feeling the pressure's gotten to Curnow lately.

Those travelling down from Brisbane The London Tavern is your place for pre game bevvies. However, enough pubs in and around both Punt Road and Swan St to satisfy any needs. Unfortunately, i doubt you will be able to acquire any XXXX Bitter. Downed 42 on a recent 10 day sojourn to Palm Cove. Delightful. Not quite a Melbourne Bitter, but did the job

Love the London, but suspect it might be slightly over capacity (certainly looked like it walking past last year). You'd want to be there very early I think.

Other suggestions for good pubs nearby are the mountain view hotel on Bridge Road (will also be over capacity) and if you want a bit of a different vibe, the Cherry Tree Hotel in Cremorne is great and is only a 20ish minute walk away.

My favourite pub in richmond is the Royston which does the best food, but is always booked out and is probably a 20 minute trip on either the 48 or 75 tram to the ground.

I have been looking for an official schedule of events for Friday and pre game Saturday, is there any around?

Is the Grand Final Parade, open training session on Friday about it?

We are planning on getting to the MCG around 90 minutes before bouncedown, any suggestions on what to do in the morning.... aside from a nice brunch.

I have been looking for an official schedule of events for Friday and pre game Saturday, is there any around?

Is the Grand Final Parade, open training session on Friday about it?

We are planning on getting to the MCG around 90 minutes before bouncedown, any suggestions on what to do in the morning.... aside from a nice brunch.
It would be good to know if all the various functions were listed. I keep hearing of events after the fact and they’re sold out by the time I look to get to them. Aside from BF, I don’t do much SM which is probably to my detriment because there is no definitive lists of various functions which I get because they aren’t all done by the same people.

I’m on leave at the moment (school holidays), not missing work one little bit - but * me wish Saturday would come around a bit quicker 😂

Well pleased with my ten bucks on the Lions at 100/1 even though i was reported by a wowser and had my post deleted when i tried to share the dumb offer with my fellow Lions fans.

Will be filthy is i collect but anticipating this final backed Collingwood to win $250 as well. 😖

Same, have hedged the bet for $500 of either of us win - covers ticket cost and 12 beers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back