Unofficial Preview GF Discussion v Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be good to know if all the various functions were listed. I keep hearing of events after the fact and they’re sold out by the time I look to get to them. Aside from BF, I don’t do much SM which is probably to my detriment because there is no definitive lists of various functions which I get because they aren’t all done by the same people.
I'm not big on social media either... you would think lions.com and/or afl.com would have a schedule of events for the whole week somewhere on their websites.

I was hoping it was in the afternoon too.
Booked the early flight hoping to see these sorts of things.
Bummer

I'm regretting not flying in on Wednesday and soaking up the atmosphere a bit more. Would have been great to be at a few of those events.

Lesson learned for 2024 I suppose.

I'm regretting not flying in on Wednesday and soaking up the atmosphere a bit more. Would have been great to be at a few of those events.

Lesson learned for 2024 I suppose.
Me too but the 4 people I am going down with all work:rolleyes: for a living... bloody party pooping capitalists.

Love the London, but suspect it might be slightly over capacity (certainly looked like it walking past last year). You'd want to be there very early I think.

Other suggestions for good pubs nearby are the mountain view hotel on Bridge Road (will also be over capacity) and if you want a bit of a different vibe, the Cherry Tree Hotel in Cremorne is great and is only a 20ish minute walk away.

My favourite pub in richmond is the Royston which does the best food, but is always booked out and is probably a 20 minute trip on either the 48 or 75 tram to the ground.

The Royal is always good :devil:

382430356_699140405581827_3948161035129791456_n.jpg

I presume it would be considered dodgy for Nick Daicos to get the Norm Smith if he didn't actually play or would that still be ok? ;)
Why not. Gave one to Buckley over Voss.

I presume it would be considered dodgy for Nick Daicos to get the Norm Smith if he didn't actually play or would that still be ok? ;)
My son is the team manager of his hockey team and one of his duty is to collect the 321 votes that all players give after every game
At the club wind up he gives an award for the bloke who got the most votes in games he did not actual play in.
Everyone looks forward to this award

I have been looking for an official schedule of events for Friday and pre game Saturday, is there any around?

Is the Grand Final Parade, open training session on Friday about it?

We are planning on getting to the MCG around 90 minutes before bouncedown, any suggestions on what to do in the morning.... aside from a nice brunch.
Just saw this one M Malice

Attachments

• IMG_7616.jpeg
    IMG_7616.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 60

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did we do to deserve this?

Actually pretty happy with that split. Nicholls & Williamson are the two I was hoping to avoid, so that's good.

Actually pretty happy with that split. Nicholls & Williamson are the two I was hoping to avoid, so that's good.
Happy without Foot too. Pulls stuff out his arse too often. Could live without Stevic.

Wouldn't be unhappy if Dizzy holds his spot if any doubts with Jack.
But just a little concern he may have a bit of a second game downer after a long time out of the As.
He obviously felt the upped pace of the game on Sat night.

I know that is a train from India.
But it gave me a smile with the friends we met in Sri lanka
We did a small group tour through intrepid and as my old man comes from there it was pretty special.
Last day we al had speech and I presented my inaugural lions 2012 membership cap to our tour leader Indica and told him how special it was to me and proceeded to tell him keep it we will win the cup one day.
Make sure you wear it
He was a top bloke
I’ll have to send him a reminder
It would be awesome if he actually wears it tbh.
I miss that cap

Watching the replay now. Really feels like our gameplan is built to beat handball heavy teams such as the Pies. Our players look fit and primed and the quality of 15-22 is top shelf. If we can play at our best, I really don't think the Pies have the quality to outscore us. Losing McStay is a huge loss for them structurally. Throw in Daicos looking underdone, Mitchell having a bad back, Adams coming back from a hammy probably a week early and Howe needing to play forward - they will need everything to go right to win.

Feels like we need to stick to our processes and not let the occasion get to us. Do that and I think we are absolutely primed to win this.

But just a little concern he may have a bit of a second game downer after a long time out of the As.
He wasn’t alone
We can thank the blues for the step up

I think fages/the team will have everyone primed - they have to start better than the prelim...

We have had the edge over the pies in the last few years and playing at the mcg doesn't phase us - the Melbourne game was a massive teaching moment.

I'm feeling calm/happy - I'm not "just happy" to make a gf but happy we finally got there after 4 years of finals losses/a decade in the wilderness.

Lets go lachie in the brownlow - when do the team fly down to melbourne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back