GF DVD Quality

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, I hope the number is visible on the Victory Pack itself.

How did you get this fixed if you don’t mind me asking? Who’d you reach out to?
I emailed a photo of the disk together with the receipt to shop@madman.com.au

They posted the replacement the very next day - wish I'd done it earlier.

I emailed a photo of the disk together with the receipt to shop@madman.com.au

They posted the replacement the very next day - wish I'd done it earlier.
Thanks so much.

I‘ll see if the shops have it on the weekend.

Hopefully they do and if the disc is dodgy I can get it replaced promptly.

Does any one know if there is a digital copy we can purchase? I would like to have a copy for my phone/tablet to watch while on the go.

Although I already have digital copies thanks to a poster on BF, I would like to get my hands on a legal one that would be of the highest quality (I hope).

Could RIP it off the Disc

True, but that would require a Blu-ray play on my PC, of which most don't come with one. Also the rip would be a very large file.

As stated earlier, it is 2023. Why can't these companies keep up with the times? Disney doesn't even make disks for any of it's movies now.
It up to the AFL how they want their content produced. I agree, they should have made an electronic version available.

Rival supporter chiming in, I thought the base "dvd" version of the grand finals had been fine for many years.... the quality (for mine) started going downhill with the 2013 grand final dvd. But the 2015 release was atrocious, visually it looked as though the game was played under water such was the blurriness of the vision (even though it was a bloody hot day!!).

It shouldn't be a hard thing to get right, but they make so many mistakes.

What I can't understand however is how in 2023 all the games in the victory pack aren't available on Blu-ray.
And those games were actually shown in 4K. It's just mind-boggling that the biggest game of the year is the only game that hasn't been made available in 4K in any form.

And those games were actually shown in 4K. It's just mind-boggling that the biggest game of the year is the only game that hasn't been made available in 4K in any form.
It costs them more to produce. They are greedy.
Bloody disgrace.
Same as the shitty merchandise. None of it worthy of buying.

It costs them more to produce. They are greedy.
Bloody disgrace.
Same as the shitty merchandise. None of it worthy of buying.
More to produce. They had no issue with cost when they are doing a round 5 GWS v GC game no one is watching. They would've had there best production truck in use that was setup for 4K.

More to produce. They had no issue with cost when they are doing a round 5 GWS v GC game no one is watching. They would've had there best production truck in use that was setup for 4K.
Dunno mate. When you are producing hundreds of thousands of copies.
it is either more expensive or takes longer to manufacture.
Or both. Dunno

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I've watched all 3 radio commentaries on the blu-ray disc, sans glitch, and they are all great. I'll never have to listen to the Buffoon and the Clown butchering the best Grand Final of all time ever again! Not to mention Hodge crying at the end of the game.
I bought the Victory Pack today and the Blue Ray has the glitch. I’ve emailed them, not expecting a reply until we’d essay at the earliest. More realistically early 2024.

Speaking of it being 2023, I’m suprised that DVD and Blue Ray are actually still a thing in 2023?
A disc has a better quality picture than streaming, at least in 4K.
The GF bluray is only 1920 x 1080, but a decent player will upscale it

Not just this Grand Final, but every final, maybe even every game. I’d love to see the AFL have a service (pay for if need be) where’s you can watch any game from the season and select you commentary to go along with it. I’d love to be able to watch the full Round 23 Collingwood v Carlton game from last year With SEN commentary.Or even just our finals this year with any of the radio commentaries. It surely wouldn’t take much effort and I’d imagine would be a good money maker for the AFL.

Not just this Grand Final, but every final, maybe even every game. I’d love to see the AFL have a service (pay for if need be) where’s you can watch any game from the season and select you commentary to go along with it. I’d love to be able to watch the full Round 23 Collingwood v Carlton game from last year With SEN commentary.Or even just our finals this year with any of the radio commentaries. It surely wouldn’t take much effort and I’d imagine would be a good money maker for the AFL.

Triple M commentary has crowd noise up which is a good thing however all audio a good second or two in front of the footage. It’s not that hard to sync audio and video so no excuse.

Triple M commentary has crowd noise up which is a good thing however all audio a good second or two in front of the footage. It’s not that hard to sync audio and video so no excuse.
Yeah, I noticed the audio was a second or 2 out on MMM, didn't really notice it on the SEN or 3AW replay.

Wonder if they'll fix that? I want to get the Blu Ray but don't want to experience this kind of issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back