GF Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

tommy98

Draftee
Oct 18, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi all, I’m a brissy based Melbourne fan who was at the game last night and was thoroughly impressed by the precise ball movement and the way you guys cut through Brisbane from half back - awesome and impressive footy. Not to mention the return of the GOAT 😍

Me, and my family, like most people hate the tiges with a passion, and I know it’s a long shot but if anyone has any barcodes they could spare as I’m gauging that a lot of you won’t be able to attend the game sadly. I’ll promise to be there with my blue and white on and trying to add to the cats crowd noise!
Tom :)

Not sure if barcode swapping is able to be done this year.
From the email the club sent out during the week.

Based on Queensland state border restrictions as of 24 hours prior to the first Grand Final on-sale, only Members who reside in Queensland OR reside in states with open borders to Queensland will be eligible to purchase tickets for the 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final. Due to strict contact tracing measures in place, any tickets purchased by a Geelong Cats Member must be used by that Member, therefore the tickets are not transferable.

They should be releasing information tonight about when tickets can be purchased I think.
Just been released

Priority 1 Member pre-sale:

Monday 19 October, 9am - 12pm (AEST)

Limit one (1) ticker per eligible Membership barcode (subject to availability).

You can enter multiple Member barcodes per transaction, however there is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction.

Patrons requiring wheelchair or accessible seats are advised to fill out the accessible seating form by 4pm Sunday 18 October.

Priority 2 Member pre-sale:

Monday 19 October, 10am - 12pm (AEST)

You can enter multiple Member barcodes per transaction, however there is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction.

Patrons requiring wheelchair or accessible seats are advised to fill out the accessible seating form by 4pm Sunday 18 October.

Priority 3 Member pre-sale:

Monday 19 October, 11am - 12pm (AEST)

You can enter multiple Member barcodes per transaction, however there is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction.​

Last edited:
I'm trying not to let it do my head in that I have been paying for Premiership membership since 2012 up to and including this year and ... bugger.

Would love the interstate posters who are attending Saturday night to post here so we can wish you all the best. You will have to cheer, yell, scream and barrack on our behalf.

I'm trying not to let it do my head in that I have been paying for Premiership membership since 2012 up to and including this year and ... bugger.

Would love the interstate posters who are attending Saturday night to post here so we can wish you all the best. You will have to cheer, yell, scream and barrack on our behalf.

I went last night and hope to get a ticket for the big one, lost my voice in the second quarter so will give it a crack if I can get a ticket.

I too was at the game last night with my old man, and have no voice today from screaming. I’ll be doing my best to get a ticket for Saturday!

If anyone has a barcode they’re not able to use, please PM me - I’d love to go with my old man if I can get him a ticket. I have a membership that gets me Cat 2 priority for GF tickets, but he doesn’t have one. I’ve transferred my own membership tickets to others throughout the year, and can confirm there’s no problems transferring tickets using Ticketmaster ticket forwarding.

Not sure if barcode swapping is able to be done this year.
From the email the club sent out during the week.
Priority One barcodes can be "swapped" as it were - so if you're a Vic based Premiership Member, then you can nominate a QLD fan and they get a temporary barcode.

Priority Two cannot be swapped.

I’ve transferred my own membership tickets to others throughout the year, and can confirm there’s no problems transferring tickets using Ticketmaster ticket forwarding.
Check your email - the email is pretty strict about no ticket forwarding. It was different where you could buy multiple extra tickets off the one membership.

Quote, "Due to strict contact tracing measures in place, any tickets purchased by a Geelong Cats Member must be used by that Member, therefore the tickets are not transferable."

Based on Queensland state border restrictions as of 24 hours prior to the first Grand Final on-sale, only Members who reside in Queensland OR reside in states with open borders to Queensland will be eligible to purchase tickets for the 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final. Due to strict contact tracing measures in place, any tickets purchased by a Geelong Cats Member must be used by that Member, therefore the tickets are not transferable.

Heading along to this one, pre-sale tomorrow at 9am. Trying to suss out best place to sit based on which sections will be allocated as our end etc. Lost my voice at the Prelim last night. I'm flying solo going to these games as am the only one in my family with a membership, would love to get the wife along, but oh well.. Was lucky enough to be seated next to some accepting, talkative and enthusiastic Cats fans. Made the experience that much more enjoyable!

Heading along to this one, pre-sale tomorrow at 9am. Trying to suss out best place to sit based on which sections will be allocated as our end etc. Lost my voice at the Prelim last night. I'm flying solo going to these games as am the only one in my family with a membership, would love to get the wife along, but oh well.. Was lucky enough to be seated next to some accepting, talkative and enthusiastic Cats fans. Made the experience that much more enjoyable!
From previous lotteries you don't get a choice as to your seat. They are allocated an what you get is what you get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, seems apart from Grand Final packages, there will already have been a few groups who've had their chance to purchase tickets:

AFL Gold Members with Club Support
Until:Sun 18 Oct 2020 @ 9:00
AFL Gold Members
Until:Sun 18 Oct 2020 @ 11:30

Also, it appears Geelong Members get first crack!:

Geelong Cats Priority Group 1
Until:Mon 19 Oct 2020 @ 12:00
02 Hrs :38 Mins :19 Secs

Geelong Cats Priority Group 2
03 Hrs :38 Mins :19 Secs

Geelong Cats Priority Group 3
04 Hrs:38 Mins :19 Secs

Richmond Priority Group 1
Until:Mon 19 Oct 2020 @ 16:00
06 Hrs:38 Mins :19 Secs

Richmond Priority Group 2
07 Hrs:38 Mins :19 Secs

Richmond Priority Group 3
08 Hrs :38 Mins :19 Secs

Hi Everyone, good luck on the weekend. I presume with our sale time going on after yours ticketmaster is looking to see if there is any of your 8100 tickets left over. Between the states it looks like the tigers supports will snap up all our allocation. If there are any in your allocation will they throw that to Richmond members like they did with last years GWS game? How many Queensland members do you have?

Hi Everyone, good luck on the weekend. I presume with our sale time going on after yours ticketmaster is looking to see if there is any of your 8100 tickets left over. Between the states it looks like the tigers supports will snap up all our allocation. If there are any in your allocation will they throw that to Richmond members like they did with last years GWS game? How many Queensland members do you have?
Would LOVE to know the stats!

I'm going to a GRAND FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Enjoy the experience and cheer loud

We have a lot of Queensland, ACT and South Australian supporters and geelong fans are willing to travel for games more than other club members. I think its highly unlikely there will be any left over from our allocation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back