Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menz ain't leaving.

Kolo I think could be a good chance to leave, which at the start of the year I would've been very disappointed, and even though I'd still be disappointed at the end of the year, the form of Stewart has made me feel a lot better about possibly losing Kolo.

Menz ain't leaving.

Kolo I think could be a good chance to leave, which at the start of the year I would've been very disappointed, and even though I'd still be disappointed at the end of the year, the form of Stewart has made me feel a lot better about possibly losing Kolo.

its a tough one...

Id luv Kolo to stay... but the report that in his rehab he was out getting his groove on bothers me a bit. I do have to temper that with he's a 22 yo bloke in the offseason - so there is some latitude to be granted there. The onfield doesnt bother me as much this year - he will get better and im willing to give time.

Go Catters

Just searched. It appears he is on the VFL list. Player by the name of Ferry.
I liked my version that had Parish better :cool:

Go CAtters

Just searched. It appears he is on the VFL list. Player by the name of Ferry.

James Ferry is more a key defender albeit a good one IMO but i doubt its an area of need for us.

Corrigan would know him well though and could give us a decent assessment.

No , it means we have to look harder for the unpolished gem and the bargain..just watching the two Vic sides go at each there a few out there.

No, it doesn't. That's one potential solution of many. Another solution is to trade players for picks. IMO you don't go to the trade table for speculative players, that's for the draft. You go to the trade table for established players. If we're looking at blokes that have been playing state league all year then I'd rather we rookie or preseason draft someone like Jonny Scharenberg (Glenelg) then give away a pick in a strong draft for a battler like Morgan or Doedee.

What about Impey? Saw him mentioned in this thread preseason. Does anyone know if we are, or ever were, interested in him? Would be a terrific get, is turning into a genuine jet from the few port games I have seen lately.

What about Impey? Saw him mentioned in this thread preseason. Does anyone know if we are, or ever were, interested in him? Would be a terrific get, is turning into a genuine jet from the few port games I have seen lately.
Could be very wrong but thought I just head Fox footy say he signed a new deal this week...

heard it in passing so could be very very wrong... last 2 mins of 1st Qtr.

Go Catters

Could be very wrong but thought I just head Fox footy say he signed a new deal this week...

heard it in passing so could be very very wrong... last 2 mins of 1st Qtr.

Go Catters

That was ebert they were talking about.

Dont want impey though.

Any news on Aliir Aliir
Hasn't played much this year
An attractive option for us
Horse was asked about him earlier. I tuned out a bit.
Injury interrupted preseason. Because they were being smashed with injuries they had to play him, and he wasn't ready.

So they sent him back to the reserves to get fitness. Then he had that issue with missing training (or something) so they punished him.

Said he probably would have been back in the side but injured himself last week.
They'd be mad to let him go. He is capable of a complete brain fade but he's about 10 games in.
Love how he just backs himself and takes off with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was ebert they were talking about.

Dont want impey though.
I do. He's 10 times better then at least 5 players in our current side and he's just the type of player we need.

I do. He's 10 times better then at least 5 players in our current side and he's just the type of player we need.

He is very inconsistent.

I definitely agree we need a gun small/med fwd but he ain't it, not yet anyway.

He is very inconsistent.

I definitely agree we need a gun small/med fwd but he ain't it, not yet anyway.
He'll be a very good player Impey.

I rate him.

Is he better than a few current best 22? Yes, so he improves our side.

He'll be a very good player Impey.

I rate him.

Is he better than a few current best 22? Yes, so he improves our side.

Is he slightly better than mccarthy/gregson/parsons etc? For sure.

Is he enough of an A grader that he is worth what port would demand in a trade? No.

If i am trading a high pick i want a gun small forward like smith etc.

If you think we can get impey cheap fine as i like his attack on the ball but i dont see cheap happening.

Is he slightly better than mccarthy/gregson/parsons etc? For sure.

Is he enough of an A grader that he is worth what port would demand in a trade? No.

If i am trading a high pick i want a gun small forward like smith etc.

If you think we can get impey cheap fine as i like his attack on the ball but i dont see cheap happening.
That's the conundrum isn't it ... the cost. What's his contract status?
Is he willing to move?
Not sure about his side of the fence but I've heard we've enquired more than once.

Patty McCartin another head knock in the VFL this arvo. Should look for a change of scenery and head home.

Too risky to trade with concussion issues, could be forced to retire in a couple of years.
I like him as a bloke but its a bad business case.

What are peoples thoughts on Motlop?

Restricted FA and after re-signing Cockatoo and Parfit plus maybe looking at GA Jrn coming back with the Cats go hard to retain him or happy to get a compo pick?

Could land a 2nd rounder as a min maybe an end of first rounder depending on his contract.

What are peoples thoughts on Motlop?

Restricted FA and after re-signing Cockatoo and Parfit plus maybe looking at GA Jrn coming back with the Cats go hard to retain him or happy to get a compo pick?

Could land a 2nd rounder as a min maybe an end of first rounder depending on his contract.
He'll get $500-$600k at Geelong. Is anyone going to pay him the $750-$800k that could lure him away? Wouldn't think so given current form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back