Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If we miss Hopper and Smith would ppl look at swapping that pick 19 for KKolo and Ablett??

KKolo and Touhy off half back would be some elite ball use.

We have Selwood, Danger and Duncan for the next 4 years so can search for midfield replacements later.
GCFC have a stack of draft picks this year, they will want ready made players in any trade other than the GAJ trade probably.

With pick 19, we could get Bolta (best key defender in the draft) or Garner (one of the best midfielder/back flankers).

However, given we are in the window, I think we will try to land trades.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
NEAFL is no where near say VFL level, and his average stats are nothing to write home about, but what I did like in that clip is that he seems to have those long strides and can hit some nice pace (some players are fast, but on the footy field they are not so fast, but this guy seems quick on the footy field) and has that nice evasive side-step. Goal kicking mids are always handy on the list, especially if he is drafted say with a 3rd rounder or lower pick like Menegola.

I liked what I saw.. yes the level might be poor but he was not under developed in body , he was quick and he had a reasonable kick. Will he get a combine invite I wonder?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Compare the pair
Kk has highly rated and is a nothing player, why on earth would his brother who has experienced success and a better profile head to a junk yard

KK early draft position , probably has diminished a bit .. I think I posted recently that they now would be much closer to each other in worth. One might say that the role kk plays is not of such rarity ... would he get a game in front of Stewart for instance? I doubt it. Still .. I would have him on our list for sure . One would have to speculate that JK has been playing in bigger games ...22 yo and 70 to 42 games .. plenty of upside in both but in another 50 games id back Jake to be the more important player

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
GCFC have a stack of draft picks this year, they will want ready made players in any trade other than the GAJ trade probably.

With pick 19, we could get Bolta (best key defender in the draft) or Garner (one of the best midfielder/back flankers).

However, given we are in the window, I think we will try to land trades.
Maybe they'd like Cowan. He's ready-made.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Jack Higgins looks like the ideal small forward that would be a priority on our list... but he'll be a top 10 pick.

He's like a cross between Smith and Greene, has the wheels of Smith, and marking and hurt factor like Greene.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I asked KM his advice on the draft this year if we kept our picks (no trades), this was his advice, picks - 19, 32, 50, 68...

Through the draft. Some talls is probably a good starting point. Hawkins/Taylor/Henderson. Lonergan retiring. Replacements are needed. I could see a Noah Balta fitting at 19 if there. After that, I see a mix of players falling.

As a small forward. Brent Daniels is one of my favourites this year. Seriously talented forward and can push into the mids. Can improve his endurance/work rate/pressure. Has the pace and overall talent. Very developable.

Cassidy Parish as a late/rookie mid I feel is underrated and late/rookie could be a bargain with his ball winning capabilities.

Key defenders are everywhere. Oscar Clavarino if there at 32 would be terrific and the one I'd target, assuming Aaron Naughton isn't there.

Callum Coleman-Jones is a good option around 32 as a key forward/ruckman. Terrific in both roles.

I wouldn't be ruling out a GAJ trade. As long as it's not a top 35 pick or equivalent level play, do it is my advise. That's where I'd be ruling that line, at this point.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Jack Higgins looks like the ideal small forward that would be a priority on our list... but he'll be a top 10 pick.

He's like a cross between Smith and Greene, has the wheels of Smith, and marking and hurt factor like Greene.

he eats , drinks , breathes football... will be gone in the first round.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I liked what I saw.. yes the level might be poor but he was not under developed in body , he was quick and he had a reasonable kick. Will he get a combine invite I wonder?
I'm probably not the best judge, but his movements didn't look very economical to me. Almost exaggerated and awkward. I guess most draftees wouldn't be too polished anyway, but I'm not sure he is a ready made option.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm probably not the best judge, but his movements didn't look very economical to me. Almost exaggerated and awkward. I guess most draftees wouldn't be too polished anyway, but I'm not sure he is a ready made option.
Im not going to go into ardent defence of him based on a 1 minute vid ... plenty of what he does reminds me of players that have succeeded and also failed... the only point is what he would be worth at draft. If he goes to the combine and is as quick as he looks he will be drafted. He seem to be running with speed still left in the tank and he looks balanced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Im not going to go into ardent defence of him based on a 1 minute vid ... plenty of what he does reminds me of players that have succeeded and also failed... the only point is what he would be worth at draft. If he goes to the combine and is as quick as he looks he will be drafted. He seem to be running with speed still left in the tank and he looks balanced.
That's fair, it was just my thinking on viewing the highlights.

It'd be pretty rare to test well at the combine and not be picked up, surely?

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I asked KM his advice on the draft this year if we kept our picks (no trades), this was his advice, picks - 19, 32, 50, 68...

Through the draft. Some talls is probably a good starting point. Hawkins/Taylor/Henderson. Lonergan retiring. Replacements are needed. I could see a Noah Balta fitting at 19 if there. After that, I see a mix of players falling.

As a small forward. Brent Daniels is one of my favourites this year. Seriously talented forward and can push into the mids. Can improve his endurance/work rate/pressure. Has the pace and overall talent. Very developable.

Cassidy Parish as a late/rookie mid I feel is underrated and late/rookie could be a bargain with his ball winning capabilities.

Key defenders are everywhere. Oscar Clavarino if there at 32 would be terrific and the one I'd target, assuming Aaron Naughton isn't there.

Callum Coleman-Jones is a good option around 32 as a key forward/ruckman. Terrific in both roles.

I wouldn't be ruling out a GAJ trade. As long as it's not a top 35 pick or equivalent level play, do it is my advise. That's where I'd be ruling that line, at this point.

Reckon his suggestion of Balta is a fine one. He appears to be a modern day KPD. Quite strong in the air and prepared to take the game on. I like the look of him.

Reckon his suggestion of Balta is a fine one. He appears to be a modern day KPD. Quite strong in the air and prepared to take the game on. I like the look of him.

I would hope that if we have a top 25 pick (fwiw i reckon we will trade it for smith/hopper anyway) that we use it on a key forward, given we really lack depth in that position.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I would hope that if we have a top 25 pick (fwiw i reckon we will trade it for smith/hopper anyway) that we use it on a key forward, given we really lack depth in that position.
House and Gardner as developing KPDs may not be good enough, although Kolo could fill a role, I still think we will need to recruit a quality KPD as Taylor and Lonergan are close to the end. But we do need a KPF also.

Sometimes quality KPDs can drift into the second round, if we get one, they need to be exceptional at marking like our KPDs of recent - Scarlett, Taylor, Hendo, Rivers, Harley, Loners, all great in the air.

I'd be looking at KPF, KPD, mid/small fwd this draft.

Left field option - for the right price could Crameri be an option up forward while Buzza & Eva continue their development?

STEWART Crameri could emerge as a left-field trade target after being kept in limbo about his future as his contract expires.

Crameri is yet to be offered a new deal by the Dogs after returning from a 12-month ban only to have his season ruined by a hip issue.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/d325100ec0f69aae83f4a5fcebf66a98

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Left field option - for the right price could Crameri be an option up forward while Buzza & Eva continue their development?

STEWART Crameri could emerge as a left-field trade target after being kept in limbo about his future as his contract expires.

Crameri is yet to be offered a new deal by the Dogs after returning from a 12-month ban only to have his season ruined by a hip issue.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/d325100ec0f69aae83f4a5fcebf66a98

What is he.. 190 cm?

Yes, but like 95-98kgs

30yo next season, but has barely played for 2 years, so might be ok for another 2 years.

And from the same article as I quoted before:

*The versatile and athletic forward kicked between 30-37 goals every year between 2011-2015 before his latest dramas.

He can play as a lead-up forward or high half forward who beats his opponent back to goal.*

So he is the same height as Menzel but a different build and different type of player.

Across the mentioned years he's averaged between 1.7 and 1.9 goals a game. I wouldn't pay through the roof for him, but depending what happens with Black, he could take his spot on the list maybe

For those that are interested at around the 7minute mark of his interview today with K-Rock Hocking spoke a little about how clubs have to be flexible with their TPP to be in a position to bring in available FA's if they are in the market for them.

Also defined the list management team as Cook, Scott, Wells Hocking and T Selwood for anyone who was wondering

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/interviews/round-22-collingwood-vs-geelong/

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
And from the same article as I quoted before:

*The versatile and athletic forward kicked between 30-37 goals every year between 2011-2015 before his latest dramas.

He can play as a lead-up forward or high half forward who beats his opponent back to goal.*

So he is the same height as Menzel but a different build and different type of player.

Across the mentioned years he's averaged between 1.7 and 1.9 goals a game. I wouldn't pay through the roof for him, but depending what happens with Black, he could take his spot on the list maybe

If they delisted him..yes. I think the Dogs sort of owe us for Hamling really... maybe they will do the right thing by us... (yeah sure)

I guess on paper he looks a better player than Black but its a bit of the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back