Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanley needs to go and I'm sorry if you think he's not been played in the right position or for whatever reason he needs to go

Been given every opportunity to impress and hasn't taken it at all. Came to the club for a pick 21 and hasn't shown anything to warrant that value.

Can't clunk a mark doesn't use his agility and athleticism at all it's a joke. And when he's dropped into the VFL instead of working his ass off to get back in the side he gives a half hearted bullshit effort

I want Rhys to succeed but he's been given every opportunity to and hasn't taken it. Time to go

Stanley needs to go and I'm sorry if you think he's not been played in the right position or for whatever reason he needs to go

Been given every opportunity to impress and hasn't taken it at all. Came to the club for a pick 21 and hasn't shown anything to warrant that value.

Can't clunk a mark doesn't use his agility and athleticism at all it's a joke. And when he's dropped into the VFL instead of working his ass off to get back in the side he gives a half hearted bullshit effort

I want Rhys to succeed but he's been given every opportunity to and hasn't taken it. Time to go
Stanley will not be traded nor will he be delisted unless we're eyeing off another ruckman.

We have Abbott as the only back-up ruckman on our list. Blicavs, Buzza and Sam Simpson will never cut it as true ruckman and it would be negligent on behalf of the Football club to trade away Smith's only true replacement.

Stanley will not be traded nor will he be delisted unless we're eyeing off another ruckman.

We have Abbott as the only back-up ruckman on our list. Blicavs, Buzza and Sam Simpson will never cut it as true ruckman and it would be negligent on behalf of the Football club to trade away Smith's only true replacement.
Hey?

Stanley is another like Tippett, Vardy or Vickery that just isn't good enough as ruckmen and is a sub-par forward.

I think Buzza's ruck work is much better and he's not soft which always helps. But I do agree that we need another genuine ruck option for when Smith is unavailable. I'd just prefer it to be a guy that's a bit tougher and has better ruck work.

Stanley is another like Tippett, Vardy or Vickery that just isn't good enough as ruckmen and is a sub-par forward.

I think Buzza's ruck work is much better and he's not soft which always helps. But I do agree that we need another genuine ruck option for when Smith is unavailable. I'd just prefer it to be a guy that's a bit tougher and has better ruck work.
I hope you've found some long lost footage of that because nothing on Buzza's AFL games have shown he has any ruck talent whatsoever. Stanley is at least serviceable and has had some good games as an AFL ruck.

I compare them like this, which would I prefer to be kicking for goal late in a Grand Final to put us in front?
Buzza, every single day.

Agreed, but we may not make the Grand Final if Buzza has a quiet game which is to be expected by someone in their first season of senior footy. So in terms of a finals series now I'd probably prefer Stanley as that 2nd FWD/ 2nd Ruck role, but if it was a Home & Away game I'd prefer Buzza.

So I can see the argument for both, Buzza playing in a final now would be great experience for him, but Stanley is likely to do more in a final as of right now. Depends how his calf is of course.

Agreed, but we may not make the Grand Final if Buzza has a quiet game which is to be expected by someone in their first season of senior footy. So in terms of a finals series now I'd probably prefer Stanley as that 2nd FWD/ 2nd Ruck role, but if it was a Home & Away game I'd prefer Buzza.

So I can see the argument for both, Buzza playing in a final now would be great experience for him, but Stanley is likely to do more in a final as of right now. Depends how his calf is of course.

Buzza will play this week as I don't think Stanley will be right yet, so atleast we can judge him on a high pressure game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read a football commentator suggested Stanley reinvents himself as a defender.i wholeheartedly agree. This would be what Lonergan did after Harley told him it was his spot to earn. Likewise Stanley has the chance to do this. Big, strong, fast. Wouldn't need to do anything more than monster payers like a Patton.

Stanley is too soft to play defence and couldnt take a defensive mark without losing his lunch in his shorts, would be a complete liability.

Smart? I don't think so.

I'm really surprised no one has brought up how Silvagni scouted Giants players, built relationships with them, then structured contracts and payments knowing that he would end up at the Blues with the absolute inside running to access these players. The scouting and relationships is no big deal, but setting up contracts so the Giants would shed top-line players for peanuts was very sneaky.

WOW... is that how Carlton got the REAL GUNS... in Adam Treloar & Taylor Adams... to a lesser extent Hoskin-Elliott, Jack Steele & Tom Boyd ??
Instead spuds like Plowman, Marchbank, Sumner, Phillips, Pickett, Jaksch, Lamb, Whiley & that Gun Rhys Palmer.(lol tongue in cheek)..
Sorry mate but i don't think so...
With all that inside knowledge and relationships built i would think the GUNS would've walked into Princess Park instead of Victoria Park.
Cheers mate!

Stanley stays for me, we can't keep throwing big blokes out for peanuts.

We will get stuff all for him, so might as well keep him as back up for Smith and/or in the unlikely event he comes good.

When he is on he is pretty good, just we only see it 2-3 times a year.

I compare them like this, which would I prefer to be kicking for goal late in a Grand Final to put us in front?
Buzza, every single day.

Yes, but which of Buzza/Stanley is most likely to pick up 15 possessions, have 2-3 scoring shots, and break even (at worse) with the opposition's back up ruck?

Clue: it's not Wylie.

WOW... is that how Carlton got the REAL GUNS... in Adam Treloar & Taylor Adams... to a lesser extent Hoskin-Elliott, Jack Steele & Tom Boyd ??
Instead spuds like Plowman, Marchbank, Sumner, Phillips, Pickett, Jaksch, Lamb, Whiley & that Gun Rhys Palmer.(lol tongue in cheek)..
Sorry mate but i don't think so...
With all that inside knowledge and relationships built i would think the GUNS would've walked into Princess Park instead of Victoria Park.
Cheers mate!

Marchbank is a gun and would happily have him at the cattery, but your right the rest are just list cloggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back