Rumour GFC 2017 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists.

Who would you rather at the Cats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a poster on the Bulldogs board so take with a grain of salt:

I have a feeling Stringer may still end up at the Cats. I think the difference with him originally leaning towards the Bombers was a 600K salary offer compared to 450K, but now with Saad and Smith also looking to get to the Bombers, things might get tricky. I can see Geelong offering more in trade to us and maybe the salary offer coming closer to the 600K (maybe the Dogs pay a bit).

There were reports Stringer was having a one on one with Dangerfield today or yesterday so I still think it's a legit option.

They want more they have to cover some of his wage..

Of course we were "linked" to Smith all year, given his Geelong links but given that we werent even in the 4 most interested clubs, surely that shows we werent all that keen. And yes, we were interested in Stringer but both location and price were always going to count against us in that deal.

As for Saad, why bring him up as an "embarrassing" miss then if you concede that maybe we werent keen at all on him?

Saad wants to live near his family so Geelong was never an option there.

Ridiculous that they begin broadcasting a week before trade period opens.

It's essentially a week of BigFooty-originated rumours broadcast as "news."

Pretty much except they are making ad $ off it which is a disgrace.

They want more they have to cover some of his wage..

More than happy to offer Stringer $600k - essentially Motlop out, Stringer in - as well as pick 20 and steak knives to the Bulldogs.

Thank god we missed out on Smith, another list clogger who seems to either a) perennially be injured or b) constantly underwhelms when he does play.

Now we just have to avoid Ablett and Stringer, keep Menzel and Motlop, and we might actually be in a position to improve this off season.

Yes that was my question you were answering and yes, it is still ridiculous to call any of it "embarrassing". But each to their own I guess, God help us when we eventually inevitably have a few down years.
I don't care if we do to be honest mate, we've been spoilt the last 10 years, but that's another subject.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter how poor the team is and where he was drafted, if he was a dud, no way he makes 153 games at the age of 26.
He's no dud. He is someone who needs to be managed and pushed, a bit like Motlop, except that he is more versatile. We've seen glimpses of this, but not consistently enough. Let's not forget Melbourne was a basket case for Watts first 5 or 6 seasons. Wherever he goes will be his last chance, and he will be acutely aware of that.

I don't care if we do to be honest mate, we've been spoilt the last 10 years, but that's another subject.
I feel the same way actually, a rebuild will bring a different kind of excitement. We absolutely have been spoilt which is why i find the teeth-gnashing a bit bemusing.

With the players we moved on last year, with the retirements last year, with the low/no contracts to Motlop, Menzel, Lang this year, and with the retirements this year.... Can I ask who we are spending that money on?

Interesting take on the Ablett saga from a writer from the footyalmanac. I find myself in accord with most of it.

http://bit.ly/2fSnTM4

He could have just said we are stupid to even consider Ablett if it's going to cost us Motlop, Menzel, Lang, and a shot at Stringer. Saves himself about a thousand words and gets the point across just as well.

From a poster on the Bulldogs board so take with a grain of salt:

I have a feeling Stringer may still end up at the Cats. I think the difference with him originally leaning towards the Bombers was a 600K salary offer compared to 450K, but now with Saad and Smith also looking to get to the Bombers, things might get tricky. I can see Geelong offering more in trade to us and maybe the salary offer coming closer to the 600K (maybe the Dogs pay a bit).

There were reports Stringer was having a one on one with Dangerfield today or yesterday so I still think it's a legit option.
Here come the cats!

WF70vKY.gif

Im also starting to get the feeling that we wont end up with Gaz either (due to the asking price) and im totally ok with that, it could be that we just go to the draft and get some talented kids, we need to look towards the future as we dont have many years left of the Selwood/Danger/Taylor/Hawkins show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back