Rumour - GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3 | Page 91 | BigFooty

Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Discussion in 'Geelong' started by dazbroncos, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbocat

Turbocat Premium Platinum

Geelong
    Sorry Rab ..been off board but glad to see other quality posters answered you ...

There was a thread I found handy last year and this years version can be found here...
    https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-nominal-afl-draft-order-based-on-2017-ladder.1179329/
    It starting based on last years position , as good as any estimate I guess .. has us with 16 , 52 , 54 , 56 , 57 ..

At this stage , as other have said it looks like they are hopping land a FS with all those picks in the 50's.Brownless is the only player I have confidence we will draft atpit. If OB is good enough to be rated R2 Its probably works well .... although the draft being predicted as deep.. an R2 player may well be a lot earlier in weaker drafts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. 00VicWard001

00VicWard001 Premiership Player

Geelong
    This is even funnier, because if he left for less money than he could get at Adelaide, he'd not only be saying "oh, it's because of the lifestyle in Melbourne and small family blah blah", but he'd also be saying "I'm more likely to win a premiership with them than you."

Boxhead_31 likes this.
  3. 00VicWard001

00VicWard001 Premiership Player

Geelong

7f4cdb1ad156a3fdc7fdec51dde68bf1--victorias-secret-models-victoria-secret-fashion-show.jpg

The rabbi and LMcCarthy like this.
  4. LMcCarthy

LMcCarthy Club Legend

Geelong
    Im backing a change of fortune for the rabbi

5. LMcCarthy

LMcCarthy Club Legend

Geelong

6. calder_daddy

calder_daddy Premium Gold

Geelong
    CatTricks likes this.
  7. Landgraft

Landgraft Premiership Player

Geelong
    In the sights for 2020

calder_daddy likes this.
  8. The rabbi

The rabbi Premium Gold

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    St.Albans (Geelong Football League)
    Obviously not interested in playing finals.

9. BORIS332

BORIS332 Club Legend

Geelong
    Brownless not really in the conversation as a quality prospect at this stage. I personally hope Bailey Scott is considering us over North (F/S) and Gold Coast (academy).

CatRiot likes this.
  10. The rabbi

The rabbi Premium Gold

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    I hope that video is not representative of his field kicking.
    I think that I only saw him hit one target with his field kicks.
    He looked to just blaze away in the general direction rather then try to hit a specific target.

Farmer2Goggin likes this.
  11. Hamingja

Hamingja Norm Smith Medallist

Geelong
    Schache signed mid season with much fanfare and then was gone at the end of the year

CatTricks likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. calder_daddy

calder_daddy Premium Gold

Geelong
    Please don’t carpare a good young kid to a flog

13. Turbocat

Geelong
    Cant agree with that but I guess it depends on your definition of quality. He is only one id say will be listed by us , I doubt Scott moves.

14. Doctor Gero

Doctor Gero TheBrownDog

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Tottenham, Bushrangers
    Funny part about Sloane leaving was that the Croweaters blamed Danger leaving on having a missus from Victoria. Sloaney’s missus is a Radelaidian and he’s still leaving.

#suckedin
    #feederclub

Boxhead_31 and CatTricks like this.
  15. Cool Cat

Cool Cat Club Legend

Geelong
    Yeah but look at that list of young-uns they have re-signed. Plenty of finals in the future if they keep that mob together.

16. The rabbi

The rabbi Premium Gold

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    [​IMG]

Turbocat likes this.
  17. Pure_Ownage

Pure_Ownage Premium Platinum

Geelong
    While i rate him HBFs are not a positional need for us especially for what pick he would have cost in a trade.

The longer Dahlhaus remains unsigned the more i hope we target him, would feel a real need if McCarthy and Gregson struggle to get back and no trade needed as he's FA.

A small forward and a key forward would be ideal but the latter will cost a heck of a lot in salary and trade.

CatTricks, calder_daddy and OzeSparky like this.
  18. The rabbi

The rabbi Premium Gold

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    Dalhaus is a Geelong boy. I remember his old man who played for St.Albans in their halcyon days in the late 80's and won the medal for BOG in the Grand Final of the GFL at K'Park. I would not mind him, but geez I would like to see us start to develop our own players instead of burning picks on established or fringe players from other clubs.

calder_daddy, cats_09 and Pure_Ownage like this.
  19. Cataholic

Cataholic Premium Gold

Geelong
    Why do you think we avoid this Rabbi?

Do you think there’s a perception that the local competition simply isn’t of a high enough standard?

20. Turbocat

Geelong
    I think he is a FA Rab but I agree with the general sentiment. If we are going to burn picks it better be for a hard to develop role.

It still gets back to the same old debate.. if we can get earlier picks to get earlier into the draft ..its bit easier to bias towards picks in the draft. The players we have picked recently like Stewart would say we are developing our own to some degree.

Pure_Ownage and The rabbi like this.
  21. Pure_Ownage

Geelong
    We develop young players pretty well.

While we are in a flag window if we can keep getting in mature players to complement this without it costing too much in trades then it's not a bad idea.

chris9753 and Catdog like this.
  22. Turbocat

Geelong
    Pure Dal-house is FA? ... I think we have to be very careful about the window thing. I agree to a point but there is a danger in it .. it reminds me a bit like an alcoholic saying its only one drink , or someone on diet saying its only one donut ..pretty soon its become more than just one or two. The window is a theory that would seem to be more like a glass house if we look at the last two years winners .. and appeasing the itch for immediate talent comes at a cost of youth which can give something less tangible to the club but definitely makes the club , if not the side , seem less "grey". And both the Dogs and the Tigers had youth in their flags sides.
    I think the way we did it in 2017 was not bad , 1 mature PnP and 4 drafted players , a couple who could easily add to play now stocks... especially when we are losing multiple best 22 players.

23. Pure_Ownage

Geelong
    He's RFA but no club has matched an offer for an FA yet and apart from lynch i doubt any club will.

24. Turbocat

Geelong
    So no picks ... and a player we know can play at the level. We are not short of smalls but the current game would seem to make that less an issue.

Pure_Ownage likes this.
  25. The rabbi

The rabbi Premium Gold

Geelong
    Other Teams:
    I am not talking about developing kids from the VFL competition per se, but developing kids that we draft. Be they from the VFL, Falcons or interstate.
    I would like to see us take a punt on a kid or even a mature player from the state leagues rather then burning picks on players from other clubs that, in the end, are only fringe players. i.e. Stanley and Black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.