Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownless will only cost us a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO... He won't be a Top 30 pick from what I'm hearing.

If we can get one of B Scott or Walsh, along with Brownless; then we probably had another good year of drafting.

Noticed latest Geelong Falcons squad didn’t have Lochlan Hocking in it but had Brownless & Mench

Stanley-
CHF in firsts.
giphy.gif

Glue factory.

Bailey Scott on falcons list...

I assume they are just listing him so theres the option to have him play a couple of games if he wants to later in the year. When he and his dad live in QLD and he has been playing for the Suns academy side i can't imagine he would logistically be looking at playing a whole year with the Falcons.

I assume they are just listing him so theres the option to have him play a couple of games if he wants to later in the year. When he and his dad live in QLD and he has been playing for the Suns academy side i can't imagine he would logistically be looking at playing a whole year with the Falcons.
Turns out it’s actually a different bailey Scott from Colac. Roberts son is still in the Gold Coast. Won’t be confusing at all.

Turns out it’s actually a different bailey Scott from Colac. Roberts son is still in the Gold Coast. Won’t be confusing at all.

I hope Gold Coast draft the bloke from Colac and we get Robert's son.

I'm sure we can find a "Scott Bailey" for North Melbourne to have.

In a light hearted reference to "roux" from the good doctor:
Lost a 2nd though in the Ablett trade iirc.
If it's meant to be as deep as they suggest then we may roux not having that pick.
The reply:
I think that is a bit souperficial to say so early in the seasoning, the draft should already be pretty thick with talent.
Classy.
This sort of stuff makes the board very entertaining. Lifts the mood.

If we want to lose
Somebody tenacious enough may be able to reveal the exact W/L ratio of Geelong with Stanley in at CHF or thereabouts.
At Geelong, he has played 42 games for 14 losses, ie 1/3, not shabby

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody tenacious enough may be able to reveal the exact W/L ratio of Geelong with Stanley in at CHF or thereabouts.
At Geelong, he has played 42 games for 14 losses, ie 1/3, not shabby
He's crap.

Brownless will only cost us a 3rd or 4th rounder IMO... He won't be a Top 30 pick from what I'm hearing.

If we can get one of B Scott or Walsh, along with Brownless; then we probably had another good year of drafting.
They're expecting a big year from Brownless as a midfielder.

Gee his dad was underrated , but when you have Ablett Snr next to you I can see why that happens
His Dad was a dead set gun. Oscar is a vastly different player and will either be a running defender or a outside midfielder who is good one on one.

Re Stanley

He's been tried over and over at St Kilda and now and again at Geelong at CHF ...for a poor return. Can he defend?.....try him as a KD in the practice games? he's got the pace, and good hands ( sometimes ).... its getting to the desperation stage with Rhys...he needs to produce this year..

Last edited:

2015 - 4 wins and 4 losses with, 7 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw without
2016 - 16 wins 5 loses with, 2 wins 1 loss without (poor sample size here though)
2017 - 7 wins, 5 losses 1 draw with, 9 wins and 3 losses without

Obviously not definitive proof, but I think we're a much better side when's he's not in it. These numbers support that.

2015 - 4 wins and 4 losses with, 7 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw without
2016 - 16 wins 5 loses with, 2 wins 1 loss without (poor sample size here though)
2017 - 7 wins, 5 losses 1 draw with, 9 wins and 3 losses without

Obviously not definitive proof, but I think we're a much better side when's he's not in it. These numbers support that.

27 w, 14 l, 1 d with 66.3%
18 w, 9 l, 1 d without 67.3%
Those numbers are not statistically significant in anybody's language, but you are entitled to your perception.

27 w, 14 l, 1 d with 66.3%
18 w, 9 l, 1 d without 67.3%
Those numbers are not statistically significant in anybody's language, but you are entitled to your perception.

Obviously the overall number is skewed by 2016, a year in which we were very good regardless.
I think had we looked to a smaller forward set-up and left him out that year, we'd have been better off. Given the lack of evidence, we can't say either way if that's right or wrong.

In 2015 we were just an ordinary side, still performed better without Rhys though.

We were certainly much better without him in 2017, that's barely even up for debate.

Looks like Crameri is a sick note. I mentioned this before we drafted him. Didn't cost much, but I have serious doubts he will make it on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back