Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Crameri is a sick note. I mentioned this before we drafted him. Didn't cost much, but I have serious doubts he will make it on the ground.
What makes you say that?

May 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
2015 - 4 wins and 4 losses with, 7 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw without
2016 - 16 wins 5 loses with, 2 wins 1 loss without (poor sample size here though)
2017 - 7 wins, 5 losses 1 draw with, 9 wins and 3 losses without

Obviously not definitive proof, but I think we're a much better side when's he's not in it. These numbers support that.

I'd agree with that, and I'm no fan of Stanley, but i think that might be at least partly to do with the fact that our team is often unbalanced (too tall across the ground) when he plays, it's not like they typically drop smith or Blicavs for him.

Last edited:

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Can someone remember anything about this been discussed
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-03/victorian-clubs-handed-afl-funding-for-academies
2bebdf0c863f729eccc14f29d6dab1be.jpg

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

It didnt have its own thread on here I think- but I do recall it being mentioned GFC had an allocation in the NT - It was somewhere I thought that Stokes and Mots had spent some time as well as part of it.

Could be wrong about the player involvement but im pretty sure I read about it somewhere.

GO Catters

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Trying to assess our Bottom 7 on the list... Which are at risk of being turned-over next off-season, came up with these:

GHS, Hayball, O'Connor, Abbott, Crameri (*assuming he fails to make it on the park), Cunico, Black.

Others to monitor, but still early days: Simpson, Jones, Henry, House.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Trying to assess our Bottom 7 on the list... Which are at risk of being turned-over next off-season, came up with these:

GHS, Hayball, O'Connor, Abbott, Crameri (*assuming he fails to make it on the park), Cunico, Black.

Not too sure if Correct but I think Cunico resigned late last year

WillJaffa32

Senior List
Jul 27, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I wonder who at this time in 7-8 months we will be discussing as new Geelong players. Right now I have no clue to who we could be targeting but will have to wait and see. So pumped for the new season and hoping the new guy can shine as well as the others who haven't been inconsistent in the years.

May 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

I though o’connor did pretty damn well, but fair enough I guess

May 25, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I wonder who at this time in 7-8 months we will be discussing as new Geelong players. Right now I have no clue to who we could be targeting but will have to wait and see. So pumped for the new season and hoping the new guy can shine as well as the others who haven't been inconsistent in the years.

Yeah we weren’t as active on the trade front this year (although we did grab one of the greatest players of all time), but the past few years suggest that we will likely have a free agent or trade in mind above and beyond the draft prospects. No whispers on if or who at this stage though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back