Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we have a first round pick next year or did we burn it?
It is supposed to be a good draft next year.
Turbocat

Sorry Rab ..been off board but glad to see other quality posters answered you ...

There was a thread I found handy last year and this years version can be found here...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-nominal-afl-draft-order-based-on-2017-ladder.1179329/
It starting based on last years position , as good as any estimate I guess .. has us with 16 , 52 , 54 , 56 , 57 ..

At this stage , as other have said it looks like they are hopping land a FS with all those picks in the 50's.Brownless is the only player I have confidence we will draft atpit. If OB is good enough to be rated R2 Its probably works well .... although the draft being predicted as deep.. an R2 player may well be a lot earlier in weaker drafts.

First time I think it has bee reported that Sloane will be a UFA and not an RFA.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...a/news-story/c01fc2fffe91c1fb1bed2a41adc16f78

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...8/news-story/93ff5d7d2c6463f3369eefe6d053dfb0

Makes it difficult for the Crows to keep him if they can't use the threat of matching an offer that exists under RFA. The amount of the offer doesn't matter it is if Rory wants to go to the club if he is indeed a UFA.
This is even funnier, because if he left for less money than he could get at Adelaide, he'd not only be saying "oh, it's because of the lifestyle in Melbourne and small family blah blah", but he'd also be saying "I'm more likely to win a premiership with them than you."

2015 - 4 wins and 4 losses with, 7 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw without
2016 - 16 wins 5 loses with, 2 wins 1 loss without (poor sample size here though)
2017 - 7 wins, 5 losses 1 draw with, 9 wins and 3 losses without

Obviously not definitive proof, but I think we're a much better side when's he's not in it. These numbers support that.

Sorry Rab ..been off board but glad to see other quality posters answered you ...

There was a thread I found handy last year and this years version can be found here...
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-nominal-afl-draft-order-based-on-2017-ladder.1179329/
It starting based on last years position , as good as any estimate I guess .. has us with 16 , 52 , 54 , 56 , 57 ..

At this stage , as other have said it looks like they are hopping land a FS with all those picks in the 50's.Brownless is the only player I have confidence we will draft atpit. If OB is good enough to be rated R2 Its probably works well .... although the draft being predicted as deep.. an R2 player may well be a lot earlier in weaker drafts.

Brownless not really in the conversation as a quality prospect at this stage. I personally hope Bailey Scott is considering us over North (F/S) and Gold Coast (academy).

Brownless not really in the conversation as a quality prospect at this stage. I personally hope Bailey Scott is considering us over North (F/S) and Gold Coast (academy).

I hope that video is not representative of his field kicking.
I think that I only saw him hit one target with his field kicks.
He looked to just blaze away in the general direction rather then try to hit a specific target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny part about Sloane leaving was that the Croweaters blamed Danger leaving on having a missus from Victoria. Sloaney’s missus is a Radelaidian and he’s still leaving.

#suckedin
#feederclub

Yeah but look at that list of young-uns they have re-signed. Plenty of finals in the future if they keep that mob together.

if...advert.jpg

Another star cub commits to the Lions’ den - FOX SPORTS Australia
https://apple.news/ARVBphersRWOF1FqpTZ5KsQ

Was hoping this kid would want to come to Geelong.
Will be a very good footballer

While i rate him HBFs are not a positional need for us especially for what pick he would have cost in a trade.

The longer Dahlhaus remains unsigned the more i hope we target him, would feel a real need if McCarthy and Gregson struggle to get back and no trade needed as he's FA.

A small forward and a key forward would be ideal but the latter will cost a heck of a lot in salary and trade.

While i rate him HBFs are not a positional need for us especially for what pick he would have cost in a trade.

The longer Dahlhaus remains unsigned the more i hope we target him, would feel a real need if McCarthy and Gregson struggle to get back and no trade needed as he's FA.

A small forward and a key forward would be ideal but the latter will cost a heck of a lot in salary and trade.

Dalhaus is a Geelong boy. I remember his old man who played for St.Albans in their halcyon days in the late 80's and won the medal for BOG in the Grand Final of the GFL at K'Park. I would not mind him, but geez I would like to see us start to develop our own players instead of burning picks on established or fringe players from other clubs.

Dalhaus is a Geelong boy. I remember his old man who played for St.Albans in their halcyon days in the late 80's and won the medal for BOG in the Grand Final of the GFL at K'Park. I would not mind him, but geez I would like to see us start to develop our own players instead of burning picks on established or fringe players from other clubs.

Why do you think we avoid this Rabbi?

Do you think there’s a perception that the local competition simply isn’t of a high enough standard?

I think he is a FA Rab but I agree with the general sentiment. If we are going to burn picks it better be for a hard to develop role.

It still gets back to the same old debate.. if we can get earlier picks to get earlier into the draft ..its bit easier to bias towards picks in the draft. The players we have picked recently like Stewart would say we are developing our own to some degree.

We develop young players pretty well.

While we are in a flag window if we can keep getting in mature players to complement this without it costing too much in trades then it's not a bad idea.

We develop young players pretty well.

While we are in a flag window if we can keep getting in mature players to complement this without it costing too much in trades then it's not a bad idea.

Pure Dal-house is FA? ... I think we have to be very careful about the window thing. I agree to a point but there is a danger in it .. it reminds me a bit like an alcoholic saying its only one drink , or someone on diet saying its only one donut ..pretty soon its become more than just one or two. The window is a theory that would seem to be more like a glass house if we look at the last two years winners .. and appeasing the itch for immediate talent comes at a cost of youth which can give something less tangible to the club but definitely makes the club , if not the side , seem less "grey". And both the Dogs and the Tigers had youth in their flags sides.
I think the way we did it in 2017 was not bad , 1 mature PnP and 4 drafted players , a couple who could easily add to play now stocks... especially when we are losing multiple best 22 players.

Pure Dal-house is FA? ... I think we have to be very careful about the window thing. I agree to a point but there is a danger in it .. it reminds me a bit like an alcoholic saying its only one drink , or someone on diet saying its only one donut ..pretty soon its become more than just one or two. The window is a theory that would seem to be more like a glass house if we look at the last two years winners .. and appeasing the itch for immediate talent comes at a cost of youth which can give something less tangible to the club but definitely makes the club , if not the side , seem less "grey". And both the Dogs and the Tigers had youth in their flags sides.
I think the way we did it in 2017 was not bad , 1 mature PnP and 4 drafted players , a couple who could easily add to play now stocks... especially when we are losing multiple best 22 players.

He's RFA but no club has matched an offer for an FA yet and apart from lynch i doubt any club will.

Why do you think we avoid this Rabbi?

Do you think there’s a perception that the local competition simply isn’t of a high enough standard?

I am not talking about developing kids from the VFL competition per se, but developing kids that we draft. Be they from the VFL, Falcons or interstate.
I would like to see us take a punt on a kid or even a mature player from the state leagues rather then burning picks on players from other clubs that, in the end, are only fringe players. i.e. Stanley and Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back