Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick Hately and we've botched another 1st round pick.
HAHAHAHAHAHA that the best thing I have ever heard. Just writing off 17 year olds who play league footy before they have even played a game and I assume on the basis of watching highlights. It's an unbelievable comment that you just can't make. If you assembled the best recruiters ever and asked them to say that they wouldn't. Because it is stupidity in the extreme to go that early on a kid who clearly has talent and shown it.

HAHAHAHAHAHA that the best thing I have ever heard. Just writing off 17 year olds who play league footy before they have even played a game and I assume on the basis of watching highlights. It's an unbelievable comment that you just can't make. If you assembled the best recruiters ever and asked them to say that they wouldn't. Because it is stupidity in the extreme to go that early on a kid who clearly has talent and shown it.

The same people who write off these kids before they've even been drafted are more than likely the same people who talked up high picks like Watts, Morton, Tambling, Thorp, O'rourke etc as being future AFL champions and hall of famers. I've said this a lot, but there will be players taken in this years top 10 that don't go on to become the players that clubs hoped they would.

There will be some players picked in the teens tonight and 20's tomorrow that go on and have a better career than some of this years top 10. It happens every year, history shows that and this years crop will be no different.

Pick Hately and we've botched another 1st round pick.

C'mon!

It's interesting this year seems to polarise views more than any year I can recall on quite a few draftees. And they all are mooted to be taken around our first pick! Hately, RCD and Jones all have their followers and detractors. Going to be a interesting period on BF after we take our pick. Unless we get B.King or Smith there's sure to be some celebrations and tears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back