Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both slow 20m sprints, but Hately's agility and yo-yo tests here would have had him in the top 10 for both events at the combine.

Totally disagree. 3.05 not slow. Average. It would have him in the top third of those tested at the combine.

I see people on here criticising players for their lack of ball winning ability and using 18 possession games as examples and then on the other hand talking up players who average the same amount. To me Hately is vanilla with no outstanding attributes and one who doesn't have the potential to dominate at AFL level. Constable is a similar type of player and one who has already been in the system so there's no real need to draft another. We need class and x-factor and there are better options than Hately in the draft. There's more star potential who can have a greater impact.

Either you are being deliberately being disingenuous or missing the point entirely. You do realise one was against 18 year olds and the other in the second best overage competition in the land. A better comparison but still not great would be how he performs in the reserves where he averages about 27 or 28 touches and 1.5 goals a game (Hately)!

Either you are being deliberately being disingenuous or missing the point entirely. You do realise one was against 18 year olds and the other in the second best overage competition in the land. A better comparison but still not great would be how he performs in the reserves where he averages about 27 or 28 touches and 1.5 goals a game (Hately)!

Nice work. He's a gun by any measure but the diversion is not how he compares against a player already in the system but how he compares to his pre draft peers.

I don't know how you can make it any clearer than this.
How he arrives at his conclusions is a mystery to me.

Nice work. He's a gun by any measure but the diversion is not how he compares against a player already in the system but how he compares to his pre draft peers.

I don't know how you can make it any clearer than this.
How he arrives at his conclusions is a mystery to me.

Yeah I think I have finally worked out who he reminds me of but maybe slightly less clean. He has Joel Corey written all over him. Just a superior endurance beast who will run his opponents into the ground. Probably a touch better offensively from a goals perspective than Joel as well. His VO2 testing was unreal and that is the best measure for mine of what endurance level a player can reach.

12 days to the draft, then we don’t have to read over the bickering over players we won’t even get.

On second thoughts we will then have the usual suspects bickering over why the guys we drafted are spuds, and why we should have picked “insert player here” :rolleyes::D

Can’t come soon enough.
LOL yeah it's like have a break guy's go try some fun come back in 2 weeks lol

LOL yeah it's like have a break guy's go try some fun come back in 2 weeks lol

I love these sort of comments. Clearly it is not something that interests you and you could take this attitude for anything. Why are we discussing if we can win the game...we will find out. Why do we discuss team selection...we have no control. Debate and difference of opinions is what this forum is built for. If certain topics don't interest you don't be involved but what really baffles me is some people are frustrated by other people's interests!!

I don't know anything about Idun, but I'm not sure Buddha is the best judge of talent. He hasn't had much success as a coach.
Former BF poster who’s turned a passion for TAC Cup into a career.

I can guarantee that the VFL is not a better competition. The SANFL is and has been for a decade the second best competition in the land.
How many current AFL listed players in the SANFL. I know the VFL has quite a few.

It isn't the second best competition in the land at all. Nor is there SANFL level anything to write home about otherwise most would be occupying a spot on an AFL list. Constable is doing that already at VFL level.

How many current AFL listed players in the SANFL. I know the VFL has quite a few.

Norwood lost he GF with 9 ex AFL players in their team. There are heaps. Also more importantly it isn't the top end talent that makes the difference it is the depth. If you need proof just look at the crows and power. They easily have the most AFL listed players in their teams and get smashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norwood lost he GF with 9 ex AFL players in their team. There are heaps. Also more importantly it isn't the top end talent that makes the difference it is the depth. If you need proof just look at the crows and power. They easily have the most AFL listed players in their teams and get smashed.
'ex' being the operative word.

It isn't the second best competition in the land at all. Nor is there SANFL level anything to write home about otherwise most would be occupying a spot on an AFL list. Constable is doing that already at VFL level.

I assume you will have read my response which articulates the position that the relative competitions are in. Also and perhaps most importantly there is 15 teams in the VFL and 8 in the SANFL. Which competition do you think has more depth!!!!. SANFL rep team regularly takes care of the VFL team

'ex' being the operative word.

Hahahahah that is the most brilliantly selective quoting I have seen. I congratulate you sir you should be a politician. Totally choose to ignore the point about the Crows and Power who have "current" players in their teams! Current being the operative word.

Honestly, it’s not even up for debate. It’s a widely known fact the SANFL is stronger. All of the talent in VIC goes to the country for big money.

Hahahahah that is the most brilliantly selective quoting I have seen. I congratulate you sir you should be a politician. Totally choose to ignore the point about the Crows and Power who have "current" players in their teams! Current being the operative word.
And there are more AFL listed players in the VFL which was my point.

And there are more AFL listed players in the VFL which was my point.

Ok I will really try and simplify this for you and those teams in the SANFL with many more AFL listed players are getting smashed by the ones who have less and more seasoned bodies! At the relative stages of their careers the older men are better players they just probably won't progress to the same level. Do you understand even though it doesn't fit your narrative?

Yeah I think I have finally worked out who he reminds me of but maybe slightly less clean. He has Joel Corey written all over him. Just a superior endurance beast who will run his opponents into the ground. Probably a touch better offensively from a goals perspective than Joel as well. His VO2 testing was unreal and that is the best measure for mine of what endurance level a player can reach.

I'm sure handling skills will be further enhanced but his possession numbers and goalkicking are undeniably brilliant.
If his VO2 is exceptional then we are talking a super endurance mid.
Of course it can always be improved but for the cream of the crop it's a special gift.
Oxygen uptake and also the ability to flush lactic from the muscles faster obviously enables super endurance efforts.
It's ok to be ok for 1 effort but it's what happens when you're fatigued that ultimately matters.
Joel Corey was 191cm yes l can see him being similar but better fwd and o/head.

Ok I will really try and simplify this for you and those teams in the SANFL with many more AFL listed players are getting smashed by the ones who have less and more seasoned bodies! At the relative stages of their careers the older men are better players they just probably won't progress to the same level. Do you understand even though it doesn't fit your narrative?
I do understand. It's a simpler way of saying the VFL is a better competition.

How well do the crows and port sanfl sides do in SANFL? Crows SANFL side fielded plenty of AFL players and was routinely smashed by sides with none. Port were a little better but neither has been good enough to win a sanfl premiership since they became their seconds side. If anything their lack of competitiveness should demonstrate the primacy of strategy over individual skill. A lesson our supporters should have learnt all too well given the contrast between the calibre of or senior players and the team performance in finals

The poster Buddha
And if you are refering to the Budda who regularly has a beer with us during the year, then I would have to say that it is doubtful that there is anyone on this forum who is better informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back