Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats fishy? We didn't offer him a contract extension so why wouldn't he go to the Swans for a year, was his only option or retire.

We had offered him a deal, but there was a throw away comment by his manager that 'both' parties pulled out of that.

Interestingly the rumour about his treatment for the groin issue didn't die off, nor the party type atmosphere.

It's tough, he has had a very tough run, which surely would have taken a very large mental toll.

It's just unfathomable that the club would stand by him for 4 reco's but not now. That is suspicious to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We had offered him a deal, but there was a throw away comment by his manager that 'both' parties pulled out of that.

Interestingly the rumour about his treatment for the groin issue didn't die off, nor the party type atmosphere.

It's tough, he has had a very tough run, which surely would have taken a very large mental toll.

It's just unfathomable that the club would stand by him for 4 reco's but not now. That is suspicious to me.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mountain and molehill. He turns 28 this year and has still never played more than 18 games in a season. The club has to cut its losses at some point.

He was around the top 5 this time last year but he just doesn't have the x factor. As I have mentioned before it is more a sign of the unbelievable top end talent available this year. Hence why Wells so desperately wanted a top ten pick and not many were dishing them up. According to someone pretty close to his camp they are of the belief that he goes somewhere between 8-16 although that's not news at all really

Are you talking Hately?

You dead set against him?
Yea mate, I just think we need some real class and x factor, somebody with the potential to impact games. I don't see that with Hately and I see him as a similar player to Constable. I see Hately being just an average footballer at AFL level.

How Hately is being talked up by some in here it really is a surprise that he's touted to fall to our pick. There must be a reason.

Yea mate, I just think we need some real class and x factor, somebody with the potential to impact games. I don't see that with Hately and I see him as a similar player to Constable. I see Hately being just an average footballer at AFL level.

How Hately is being talked up by some in here it really is a surprise that he's touted to fall to our pick. There must be a reason.

Without going back on your previous posts who would you take at 12?

Had a HOT spot of sorts on his foot if i do recall.... missed a few games... Feel free to Correct me if I'm wrong??
Groins Im pretty sure, was struggling to get around the ground at one point.

You remember hot spot , i thought hammys and shaun thinks groins... and he may be right I think.. certain something that affected his kicking. Anyway ..point was we still drafted him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caldwell if he slips.

Anyone but Jones and Hately.

I cant say Jones or Hately overly impress me ..but if we draft one then I will give him full support.

Im not sure about Hately ..if his vid package is representative of his play ... seems to get a lot of ball on his own..would he get that much time in the afl ? Jones kicking was less than impressive imo.. but Im commenting from minimal data. Id probably prefer xoh than both.
Caldwell seems another level ..has real verve about him when he has the ball... if fit would play early imo... they type who looks good enough to start pushing other out of the middle.

I echo the above. I’m not sold on Hately.

To me he’s a low-hurt factor accumulator.

Plays like GHS who whilst got good numbers in the VFL, was just not that good. No hurt factor or X factor and failed to provide anything unique. I see this in Hately.

It’s important to remember that while stats are not meaningless when assessing draftees, they are not the total picture. It’s more about seeing what they could become. For me, a few flashes of utter brilliance and high potential for scope of improvement along with decent stats should be favoured over someone who just has good stats but doesn’t do much with the ball.

I think Hately is the latter from the vision.

Id not say he will fail for certain at afl ... I think its hard to determine how much this big mids that have an advantage at lower levels translate... I can remember when we all were looking at Jansen and Cripps .. I dont think there was a lot of difference ... Blues obviously made a great call .. and there was a reason why JJ slipped...but both were big strong kids playing jrs.

I agree id prefer to have someone that has something that can get the mc to push him into the middle from day one instead of this gradual build into it... and caldwell has that ..just doubt we get to him. We have a basically gutted our chances in recent years of draft an early pick gun by making finals... and then not really benefitting from those finals appearances.

Id not say he will fail for certain at afl ... I think its hard to determine how much this big mids that have an advantage at lower levels translate... I can remember when we all were looking at Jansen and Cripps .. I dont think there was a lot of difference ... Blues obviously made a great call .. and there was a reason why JJ slipped...but both were big strong kids playing jrs.

I agree id prefer to have someone that has something that can get the mc to push him into the middle from day one instead of this gradual build into it... and caldwell has that ..just doubt we get to him. We have a basically gutted our chances in recent years of draft an early pick gun by making finals... and then not really benefitting from those finals appearances.

That's the quandary isn't it? Do you accept more of a fall in order to truly replenish your list or do you keep pushing for finals by topping up but seemingly never achieve the ultimate? I'd personally prefer after 2014/5 we took a bit of unpalatable medicine and took a plunge to get some decent picks. In any event we may be just about to do that whether we like it or not.

On this draft, it will be intriguing to see whether Wells makes a play for a top 10 pick?

Was Jansen playing "Senior" WAFL and winning awards at 17??? and all aust???
Like your logic, well was he?
Comparing him to Hately plain ignorant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back