Not open for further replies.
Well, here is a quickly put together Tasmanian team most in my living memory

B. Grant Birchall Verdun Howell John Devine

HB. Brent Crosswell Jeremy Howe Barry Lawrence

C. Rodney Eade Ian Stewart Adrian Fletcher

HF: Daryl Baldock Royce Hart Gary Lyon

F. Nick Reiwoldt Peter Hudson Paul Sproule

R. Percy Jones John Greening Paul Williams

Interchange Michael Roach, Matthew Richardson Jack Reiwoldt, Alistair Lynch, Ben Brown, Brendon Gale, , Daryn Cresswell, Ivor Warne Smith
Darrin Pritchard, Michael Gale, T.Bellchambers

Bit of goal scoring skill on the interchange

Warne Smith with two brownlows should be the back pocket, but I preferenced Devine for obvious reasons

What a fantastic team

V.Howell - T.Johnson - I.Warne-Smith

G.Birchall - A.Lynch - B.Crosswell

M.Richardson - I.Stewart - R.Eade

D.Baldock - R.Hart - G.Lyon

N.Riewoldt - P.Hudson - J.Riewoldt

P.Jones - L.Nash - P.Williams

Int: M.Roach - B.Lawrence - B.Cresswell - D.Pritchard

Coach - R.Cazaly

Pretty sure Smithy kicked the ball the Jimmy marks too....

Im still reeling from the sheer absurdity of a previous post...

It was that ******* bad.

GO Catters

I’m hoping we try and trade for it with 12 plus 2019 r2. Whether that is enough or GWS would be interested is the question...

Its a good question. I think GWS will want to know who is available at 9 before they decide so that will be a live trade if at all.

Stocker just doesn’t excite me with our first.

I can see some reasons he has great disposal which we need he will rank highly for leadership which we value and hes probably the safest choice of the guys that will be there, at the very least will be a solid B grader and has little bust potential. The philosophical question is do you try and shoot for the stars and get someone with better athletic qualities who could be elite but has a bigger bust risk-e.g. King or Caldwell if we trade up or at 12 Thomas Hill Taylor Sturt Duursma Jones and to an extent RCD etc. We went the latter way when we went Cockatoo over safer picks in Weller and Duggan which so far hasn't worked but it could here. Personally I actually really want Thomas or Quaynor but our bids will probably get matched.

I also wouldn't rule out McHenry (i know that won't be popular around here) one club in the teens must be keen for him to get a draft invite and Wells has been vocal about us needing better pressure players.

Pickett will also be interesting there seems to be mail that both WCE and Geelong are keen (he fits our needs even ignoring the Kelly thing) WCEs late picks will go matching a Cameron bid so they probably have to take him at 22 (which is early for him) unless they want to risk us taking him at 50. Will they go early like they didn't with Kelly?

Boris how good do you reckon Bytel is?
How bad is his back?
Think he av 28 up till then?? Would he last to the 50's, do you think so?

He was BOG in the U17 all stars game last year and some say he’s the best stoppage player in the draft. Back issues at 17 is a huge worry though, and he could hardly stay on the park this year. Definitely worth a punt at 50/51 and I think he’ll be available there.

The other is Tom Joyce from WA. He was one of WA’s best players as an underager last year but this year he had hip injuries. He’s tipped to make a full recovery though.

My mail is the Saints want Rozee and won’t do the pick swap despite GC aggressively pursuing.

Possible but I reckon they want smith who fits their needs and is local or King who has been rehabbing with them all year so they would have a good read on the ACL. But if they bluff that they want Rozee or Rankine they might get a good trade. Port is interesting they basically traded 11 23 30 35 and a future R3 for 5 (and Mayes) which was clearly to get either Rozee and Rankine. In poker terms we are about to hit the river card and they are pot committed, will they panick and trade 5 and 15 for 3 or 4 if they think GC or St kilda will take Rozee and Rankine? Or will Adelaide try the same?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the talk is StK taking Smith.

If Port take King as good as he is they are stupid. They are stacked with talls and have as little outside run as us. Would be baffling.

You would think Rankine Rozee King or Smith for St Kilda unless they trade the pick.

I can see some reasons he has great disposal which we need he will rank highly for leadership which we value and hes probably the safest choice of the guys that will be there, at the very least will be a solid B grader and has little bust potential. The philosophical question is do you try and shoot for the stars and get someone with better athletic qualities who could be elite but has a bigger bust risk-e.g. King or Caldwell if we trade up or at 12 Thomas Hill Taylor Sturt Duursma Jones and to an extent RCD etc. We went the latter way when we went Cockatoo over safer picks in Weller and Duggan which so far hasn't worked but it could here. Personally I actually really want Thomas or Quaynor but our bids will probably get matched.

I also wouldn't rule out McHenry (i know that won't be popular around here) one club in the teens must be keen for him to get a draft invite and Wells has been vocal about us needing better pressure players.

Pickett will also be interesting there seems to be mail that both WCE and Geelong are keen (he fits our needs even ignoring the Kelly thing) WCEs late picks will go matching a Cameron bid so they probably have to take him at 22 (which is early for him) unless they want to risk us taking him at 50. Will they go early like they didn't with Kelly?

I think Stocker has some admirable qualities. He’s duel sided, seems to make good decisions with the ball in hand, has a nice turn of acceleration etc. But to me he is, as you have stated, a safe B grade player. I don’t think he has that high ceiling that some others possibly have in this draft. If we are unable to trade up to grab one of the guns then I’d go for Sturt who will likely be available and has the potential to be an elite half forward. Better that than a good mid that we could get next draft.

Hately is the one that interests me now if he falls. I’d be happy with him if we go for a mid at 12. He’s got good endurance, smarts, is excellent overhead and is capable of being a forward target on top of playing as a mid. I think GWS though will snap him up with one of their picks at 9 or 11.

Like both Quaynor and Thomas but they will definitely have their bids matched so no need to contemplate them.

I’d be going for McKenzie and Jarvis with our later picks. Like both of their games.

Not really liking what will be available with our pick.

As snoops mock draft put it, the draft evens out at our pick.

I agree with him. Theres some good players but it does drop after 10 once you exclude the academy players who are very good.

So if recent speculation (GCS pick swap, Chayce Jones to go top 10 etc.) is any sort of guide, the top 10 could be:

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. GCS - Lukosius
3. GCS - Rankine
4. GCS - Rozee
5. PA - Max King
6. St Kilda - Bailey Smith
7. Sydney - Nick Blakey (bid from WB)
8. WBD - Ben King
9. Adelaide - Chayce Jones
10. GWS - Jye Caldwell/Jordan Clark
Doggies to have King, Schache, Boyd, Naughton, English... That's top end key position/tall talent.

Doggies to have King, Schache, Boyd, Naughton, English... That's top end key position/tall talent.

I reckon that if any of the guns are to fall then it’s Ben King. Still think it’s unlikely but if the draft pulls a couple of surprises then he’s the tall that could potentially slide.

Well, here is a quickly put together Tasmanian team most in my living memory

B. Grant Birchall Verdun Howell John Devine

HB. Brent Crosswell Jeremy Howe Barry Lawrence

C. Rodney Eade Ian Stewart Adrian Fletcher

HF: Daryl Baldock Royce Hart Gary Lyon

F. Nick Reiwoldt Peter Hudson Paul Sproule

R. Percy Jones John Greening Paul Williams

Interchange Michael Roach, Matthew Richardson Jack Reiwoldt, Alistair Lynch, Ben Brown, Brendon Gale, , Daryn Cresswell, Ivor Warne Smith
Darrin Pritchard, Michael Gale, T.Bellchambers

Bit of goal scoring skill on the interchange

Warne Smith with two brownlows should be the back pocket, but I preferenced Devine for obvious reasons

What a fantastic team
Look at that Forward line talent! Lol...

So if recent speculation (GCS pick swap, Chayce Jones to go top 10 etc.) is any sort of guide, the top 10 could be:

1. Carlton - Walsh
2. GCS - Lukosius
3. GCS - Rankine
4. GCS - Rozee
5. PA - Max King
6. St Kilda - Bailey Smith
7. Sydney - Nick Blakey (bid from WB)
8. WBD - Ben King
9. Adelaide - Chayce Jones
10. GWS - Jye Caldwell/Jordan Clark
Damn, that's a quality haul for the Suns, not sure they'll stay there beyond 2 years, but they have to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back