Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article from Jay Clark in the Addy saying that we have targeted Hately.
Settle RatCat he still has to fall to us
Appears you were right though in terms of Geelong intentions

Not sure Wells would want that type of info to be leaked to a journalist....beware of false friends.....

Caldwell is just about as talented as anyone just need to get him right, has a higher ceiling than Smith for mine, seems alot less of a flog from all the footage I have seen aswell will be interesting what the Dogs do there.
I reckon Caldwell will be available by our selection, its just a question of whether we want him.

Article from Jay Clark in the Addy saying that we have targeted Hately.
Settle RatCat he still has to fall to us
Appears you were right though in terms of Geelong intentions

He wont fall to us. We will need to trade to get him.

South Australian, School Captain, and ready to go. Wells will be all over him like white on rice.

He wont fall to us. We will need to trade to get him.

South Australian, School Captain, and ready to go. Wells will be all over him like white on rice.

I think you are correct. Not sure how we’d achieve that seeing that GWS will likely be a strong suitor. Possibly Port. Unless this is Clark being used to throw out some bait and we are after someone completely different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we trade our pick so late in the piece, eg with only a pick remaining, it will only devalue our Pick 12 (or 14 or whatever it becomes) in a possible trade. We might not get anything for it.

Its like trying to sell something in the last minute.

That could be true but not necessarily. Being willing to trade our pick shows we don't rate 1 of those players left way above the others. But another team might want that pick and be willing to pay a lot.

For example Ian Hill is a highly rated WA kid expected to go around there and Freo look in perfect position to get him a couple of picks after us. But West coast might want to get in front of Freo for one of the only highly rated WA talents and be willing to pay overs for our pick. We'd also hate it if we trade down now and then a player we assumed would be gone before us is actually available. That's why we haven't any big trades yet I think.

Find it amusing how everyone seems to act like Knightmare knows everything, there is a reason he works for ESPN and not a professional club lol, the guy is a teacher by day and draft guru by night, can express your opinions without using him as the second coming of Jesus lol.
Yeah it's hilarious.

KM is great but not 100 percent accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back