Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the reactions in here after our pick tonight. Then we wait hours before another pick so a long time for many people to be unhappy no matter who the player is.

Wells has done a fantastic job in my opinion

However i can remember the vision one year - Geel must have had a player earmarked - and i reckon a club picked him with the pick immediately before the Cats - because Wells looked rattled - and they had a conference - and they picked Jansen - what a disaster

Id love to know the inside story on that

that was the year we wanted Jones and Nankervis and Sydney picked them both with the pick before us.

Hopefully it crashes and when it reboots we have Pick 1.

Picks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10 would be better ;)

Im preparing to be completely shocked and gutted by Wells pick tonight, just have a feeling it will be someone that nobody and i mean NOBODY was expecting, possibly someone we could have got between picks 30-50, Darcy Lang 2.0!!!

2km TT's were ran for those that didn't perform at the combine, among them
Butters and Stoker, they ran 6:37 and 6:48 respectively.
Makes Brownless' 6:13 look pretty good which it was, and he's a fair size lad.
His yoyo endurance test ( direction change and accelerate) was =5th overall.
He's a good kid for a late pick or rookie.

Picks 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10 would be better ;)

Im preparing to be completely shocked and gutted by Wells pick tonight, just have a feeling it will be someone that nobody and i mean NOBODY was expecting, possibly someone we could have got between picks 30-50, Darcy Lang 2.0!!!

Exactly what I’m expecting too. Expectations are low so if we actually take someone who everyone was saying should go between that 5-15 range I’ll be very happy and if we take someone who they said would go between 25-40 I’ll be disappointed but not shocked.

2km TT's were ran for those that didn't perform at the combine, among them
Butters and Stoker, they ran 6:37 and 6:48 respectively.
Makes Brownless' 6:13 look pretty good which it was, and he's a fair size lad.
His yoyo endurance test ( direction change and accelerate) was =5th overall.
He's a good kid for a late pick or rookie.

6:48 is horrible, apparently RCD was 7min+ too. Lots of work to do.

Question: does anyone actually want the players we are linked to with 12??

I would be very happy to trade out next years first for Caldwell.

We clearly aren’t going to get him with 12 or anyone elite, our pick it falls off into middle land.

Trade it out and get an elite midfielder.

Happy to do next years first + this years first for bulldogs pick 7. Then they can throw back their second rounder next year to us.

We clearly aren’t going to get him with 12 or anyone elite, our pick it falls off into middle land.

Happy to do next years first + this years first for bulldogs pick 7. Then they can throw back their second rounder next year to us.

Firstly - Yes, I’d be completely fine with Hately, B. Smith or RCD who we’ve all been linked to at times.

Secondly - Saying we aren’t going to get anyone elite with Pick12 is going a tad early. Carlton got Patrick Cripps with Pick13 but you’re right I guess we aren’t going to get anyone elite with Pick12 we should just give up.

6:48 is horrible, apparently RCD was 7min+ too. Lots of work to do.

Brownless is tracking alright, think the record is 6:04 anyway l agree over 7 is not up to par, l reckon 6:30 av to good.
I know Boris reckons Hately has a massive VO2 but l haven't seen his 2km time.
Apparently the club run a 15 min run for distance to gauge aerobic fitness, 4.5km would be pretty good in that time l would think.

KM’s final phantom:

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...*********-knightmare-final-full-phantom-draft
Interesting, he didn't have Brownless in there, I think he missed him with that draft pick we have at 51.

He had Fraser Turner, which I rate as Pick 37. I was hoping he could slip.

Otherwise, Noah Gown, please at Pick 70, the guy will be excellent as a third tall forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting, he didn't have Brownless in there, I think he missed him with that draft pick we have at 51.

He had Fraser Turner, which I rate as Pick 37. I was hoping he could slip.

Otherwise, Noah Gown, please at Pick 70, the guy will be excellent as a third tall forward.

He does:
40. Geelong *matching St Kilda's bid
Oscar Brownless (Geelong - father-son)
Height, Weight:
186cm, 76kg
Summary Profile: Son of Bill, Oscar is a well-rounded midfielder. Brownless balances winning the ball with evasion in traffic and impressive endurance.

Who would people rather we have:

Noah Gown - natural forward craft, goal nous, excellent contested mark, tackles, 194cm.

vs

Bailey Williams - powerful, fast, strong leap, good mark and kick, 198cm, could ruck also.

I think Williams would be a similar player to SavRat, but offer us Ruck support as well. Actually, he's ceiling could be a Cameron Mooney type.

Gown looks like a point of difference in a Forward line with SavRat and Kreuger, probably a player in between Jack Darling and Jonathan Brown. His body work is like Brown in contested marking, but his ceiling would probably be like Jack Darling, as the no2 or no3 forward.

* ps. I'm talking about ceiling here btw, not necessarily how they will perform at AFL.

Do you know how Riley Collier-Dawkins reminds me of... Mark "Fridge" Roberts.

His probably gonna have similar output -> 15-18 disposals a game, possibly 1-1.5 goal average...

Probably more an impact player rather than accumulator.

I don't think we should give away our first next year if possible. Our second and pick twelve would be a handy option.
If the talk of WB trading with GWS for pick 11 and 19 goes ahead, we can try the second rounder with 12 for PA pick 10 and a later pick
That way if Smith is there, we get him ahead of the dogs
I really like Caldwell (Geelong Grammar boy) though. He could end up being the pick of the draft. Like Sel was in the day.

no doubt we will try to but i doubt another club will bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back