Player Sponsorship GFC 2019 Player Sponsorship:

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very rough guess I’d say we are 20% of the way there (i.e. 80% short).
So roughly, about $400 was collected from around $2,000?
  1. Is it too late to sponsor a player, if people add more funds?
  2. Was any money collected? No, right?
  3. As not enough was pledged, what if we sponsor an AFLW player instead?

So roughly, about $400 was collected from around $2,000?
  2. Was any money collected? No, right?
  3. As not enough was pledged, what if we sponsor an AFLW player instead?
We weren’t up to collecting money, just pledges.

I don’t know if the opportunity to sponsor AFLW players exists. If it does, I suspect we’d still have a hard time of getting the numbers as many people are opting out due to annoyance.

Yeah well after the crap you guys pulled last year I’m not surprised no one was interested.

Im not sure what misinformation you are referring to - the Sponsorship was run the exact same way the GFC Mods have run it over the last 8 years of my involvement with it.

If there were issues it was not thru the work of the GFC Mod group - and the work that goes into this is considerable. SJ, Jimboy, CE, myself and others have put in considerable work to keep this going. And lets be honest, the mood here over the last 2-3 seasons has certainly not been one of wanting to be involved in anything participatory - let alone adding personal funds to anything. So perhaps address the attitude of your fellow posters.

From a personal perspective - seeing you have inferred I have had something to do with the "crap" - I have always put in many multiple shares to get this completed and plenty of time and effort with this and represented the Sponsorship in its truest form.

I would suggest in the future you make sure you know all the facts before you make accusations that are just clearly 100% wrong.

GO Catters

Yeah well after the crap you guys pulled last year I’m not surprised no one was interested.
The mods are just working within the framework they can.

Chief changed the rules and changed the site membership stuff meaning we got slammed with ads still
The club only care about the $$$ the fact they dropped Simpson up a category while he was still a rookie listed player just showed that.
People weren't happy with that.. I dare say even the mods weren't happy with it but there was nothing they could do

I'm not an expert, but I'd say it is. The list of player sponsors has been published and filled, and the Season Launch was last Friday

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 10.57.34 am.png

1. As not enough was pledged, what if we sponsor an AFLW player instead?

Well and truly too late as well. AFLW sponsorship was organised late last year

I'm sorry I couldn't throw my hat in the ring; I just don't have the money at the moment. And for what it's worth, I'm not 18 yet anyway (and I'm presuming it would be best to be an adult before contributing to the club in this manner)

I was referring to the actions of big footy in its entirety around which as moderators you are all most definitely a part of the organization, you might not have been in on the decision but you are still part of the system.

The drop from platinum to gold was done without a word until after payment was received if you can’t see this as misleading and dishonest verging on fraudulent, I got nothing for you.

As to the change of players that’s completely beyond your control and I had no criticism towards the site for that.

I was referring to the actions of big footy in its entirety around which as moderators you are all most definitely a part of the organization, you might not have been in on the decision but you are still part of the system.
Incorrect. The decision about the level of membership was entirely out of the mods hands and we advocated for the better position for sponsors to no avail. Again, check your facts before throwing around accusations.

Incorrect. The decision about the level of membership was entirely out of the mods hands and we advocated for the better position for sponsors to no avail. Again, check your facts before throwing around accusations.
I’m not criticizing the Mods specifically I’m criticizing the entire site, you are a representative of the site whether you agree with the decision that are made by higher ups or not.

I’m not saying you guys did it but it was done by big footy and that is a fact.

The drop from platinum to gold was done without a word until after payment was received if you can’t see this as misleading and dishonest verging on fraudulent, I got nothing for you.

As to the change of players that’s completely beyond your control and I had no criticism towards the site for that.

As a former Mod, all I can say is we certainly don't have daily meetings to discuss the movements on big footy, in fact a lot of the Mods work full time and odds are they were not aware of it until after the event.

The player sponsorship is a massive job, something I didn't understand myself until I done it myself, and that was with a smaller club in the Brisbane Lions, whilst disappointing, $2,000 is a lot of funds to raise from an online supporter group which the mods have done a fantastic job of the last few years.

Hopefully we can re group and with a year off have a fresh influx of new posters to get this over the line in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back