Draft:
8 - Dylan Stephens
14 - Cooper Stephens
25 - Jeremy Sharp
93 - Tom Atkins

Delisted:
Smith & Buzza

How do we get pick 8?

And hasn't Atkins agreed to stay on the rookie list? I think with recent changes, rookie elevations just happen & aren't actually part of draft night anymore

I
I did like the footage of him at the Champs when he ran into a player near the boundary line and totally put him to the floor. Good aggression. Need a few enforcers in the team.
Although, I don't reckon he is quicker than Clark at full speed. But I don't think his top speed is an issue, its good enough. He reads it well to get to all the hot-spots. Yeah, more like a Hurn type the more I watch him.
was at the game, and the one last year where Connor Rozee killed it against men. This guy is different to Rozee but showed same hardness same desire and stood out as a cut above. Really rate his prospects.

EGeu2lPUcAAr34F

Classic. Absolute rabble over there.
No Ken envy here.

What was that little 3 card Monte that Syd and WC did last year

IF Freo trade Hill and get 12 ..they will be quite worried about a bid on Henry.. ..and if they want Menegola Id trade him for 12 ... with a probably trade in mind down the track of trading them back in draft after P13 .... our 14 for 22 and a FR3

They get Menegola , Henry and a R1 pick for sure .. we move up two spots from 14 to 12 ..and get P22+FR3 for Menegola..

I think in an ideal world we'd do something like the following:

Trades:
Jack Steven (pick 37)
Pick 25 (Henderson + pick 36)
Pick 8 (Pick 25 +17)

Draft:
8 - Dylan Stephens
14 - Cooper Stephens
24 - Jeremy Sharp
93 - Tom Atkins

Delisted:
Smith & Buzza

No guarantee stephens or flanders gets to 8. Youd want 4/5 for that.

Last edited:
What about -

14, 2020 F1, pick 24 for pick 3 - Flanders
Pick 17 plus Menegola for pick 6 - D.Stephens
36 + 37 > 25 - C.Stephens

1. Right strategy although id want a pick in the 3rd (melb have 42) which could then go for stephen.
2. Gws only want to go ahead of a green bidnot down-they will try to trade for 3/4 if we dont. Freo might offer us 22 for Menegola-im 50/50 on that it would really hurt us next year but its more than we'd get for him under FA next year. Id only do that if he wants to go im not pushing him out.
3. 25 trade you only do live on draft night once you know who is there (like giants did with hill last year) 3/4 is different as we know who 1 and 2 are so you know who you are picking so id do that now. 20s trades only do on draft night imo.

What was that little 3 card Monte that Syd and WC did last year

IF Freo trade Hill and get 12 ..they will be quite worried about a bid on Henry.. ..and if they want Menegola Id trade him for 12 ... with a probably trade in mind down the track of trading them back in draft after P13 .... our 14 for 22 and a FR3

They get Menegola , Henry and a R1 pick for sure .. we move up two spots from 14 to 12 ..and get P22+FR3 for Menegola..

Nice idea..i dont think freo take 12 and 18 for hill now though bc they will be worried re a henry bid. I think the hill deal is off now. My question is would we offer a future first and menegola (with maybe a later pick coming back) for hill and if so would they bite? Depends if Hill is willing and if we can fit him in our TPP too. With Kelly gone im not really interested in trading Menegola unless a player comes back the other way more so than a pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a bit like Constable is trying to do in a way... but as I said... I think we will look at others..the role he plays is not our most dire need..

If he was a raw kid id take him and develop his tank in the 2s (to make him a mid). My issue is he has played so well against men we'd want to play him early so we'd be either dropping kolo or playing like 9 defenders next year and the latter i dislike.

Nice idea..i dont think freo take 12 and 18 for hill now though bc they will be worried re a henry bid. I think the hill deal is off now. My question is would we offer a future first and menegola (with maybe a later pick coming back) for hill and if so would they bite? Depends if Hill is willing and if we can fit him in our TPP too. With Kelly gone im not really interested in trading Menegola unless a player comes back the other way more so than a pick.

They will not get 18... I think Bell has rung once too often

Hill P12 and Fr2 ... is all the picks they will get ..maybe the work in Acres..

900G... way overs in money... and Saints have the cap room he will want to go there.

I can see the rational keep Mene..sr player etc.. but im willing to trust the draft and trust our list. He hardly played a heap this year.. .. does he mean that much that we are prepared to lose him for zero next year? Not for me .. shake him loose.

They will not get 18... I think Bell has rung once too often

Hill P12 and Fr2 ... is all the picks they will get ..maybe the work in Acres..

900G... way overs in money... and Saints have the cap room he will want to go there.

I can see the rational keep Mene..sr player etc.. but im willing to trust the draft and trust our list. He hardly played a heap this year.. .. does he mean that much that we are prepared to lose him for zero next year? Not for me .. shake him loose.

Too much chance Henry gets bid before 12...12 and 18 is fair but doesnt suit Freos strategy. Stk seem to want to keep theirFR1 so i cant see it getting done.

I get where you are coming from re Menegola although i think you underrate him. We dont tend to push players out so i cant see a trade happening unless he initiates it.

Too much chance Henry gets bid before 12...12 and 18 is fair but doesnt suit Freos strategy. Stk seem to want to keep theirFR1 so i cant see it getting done.

I get where you are coming from re Menegola although i think you underrate him. We dont tend to push players out so i cant see a trade happening unless he initiates it.
They have a mouth full of marbles Sk.. they needed to split 6 ..and Freo gave them an excuse to do it.. I think they need 18 for Howie at Port ..they need to get Jones.. they need to get Ryder... they cant trade 18 out they need it.

Early bid on Henry ..Thats why my deal works... they can bid before 12 ..and its not Freos pick any more its ours... then 13 comes around and we do the trade with them.

I agree we dont push them out but we do present glimpses of the future... like with Varcoe. ...

We have heard Freo are interested in you ... it might pay to have a talk to them they have money with Hill gone ..you might get a 3-4 year contract. Have look at it... if its a no ..fine come back here you are contracted for 12 months and we rate you... but in 12 months time .. who knows you might not get a deal like Freo are offering now , someone will absorb that money .. and here well not sure. etc.

If he want to extend for a couple of years now ..and a value price then fine we do that.

I got a funny feeling Taheny (mates with Jarvis and Kennerly) and Sharp (mates with Clark) will be looked at heavily. Especially with those picks @ 17, 24.

Whoever we land early could be one of Jackson, Flanders, Kemp, D Stephens. Very likely Kemp if Pick 14. He looks the slider.

Taheny has a beautiful left foot and real pace...might get him at 24...

A few draft gurus have McAsey as Geelong's first choice.......Sharp looks like a goer as well.

Last edited:
I think in an ideal world we'd do something like the following:

Trades:
Jack Steven (pick 37)
Pick 25 (Henderson + pick 36)
Pick 8 (Pick 25 +17)

Draft:
8 - Dylan Stephens
14 - Cooper Stephens
24 - Jeremy Sharp
93 - Tom Atkins

Delisted:
Smith & Buzza
Who is taking Henderson?

I would be very happy if Menegola is on our list next year.

However, if he is amenable to a trade to Freo I would like to see us have a go at Connor Blakely.

Menagola + ? pick.

He was mentioned here early on in discussions. A family member (my family - not Connors!) knows him well and can't speak highly enough of him as a man and as a footballer.

He is played as a defender ATM , that may be a reason for not taking him on, but he is versatile and played midfield all his junior years.

Just putting it out there for discussion.

If we don't look like getting Jack Steven i would swap the following with Freo so they have points for Liam Henry.

Geelong trade - 36/37 (985 points ) - Freo trade 26 (729 points)

Leaves us with 14/17/24/26/93

Having point is not the problem... its getting max return from the picks... that only works if the do not have a pick from the probably pick range till 36/37... so from 15 to 35....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back