Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the Suns wanting Smith when they have Witts who won their BnF this year, seems a strange move, they are going to be tall with Witts, Smith, Wright and King in the side, all over 200cm.

Cheap backup. Nicholls retired and Crossley has a drug ban and they only have Witts and no other rucks. They want to keep King out of the ruck while he develops. He will be ready to retire in 2 years once they have hopefully brought in a young ruck. Also i doubt he wants much $.

I would like us to draft Will Gould great intercept mark rebounding defender with dead accurate booming kick.
This would also allow Jordan Clark who is already a gun to impact on the wing and midfield.
Gould will also be a gun recruit and probably play from the get go considering he's already a star in the SANFL.

Clark can play wing whether we get Gould or not. We have a stack of defenders already.

Rebound defenders who can hit guys from 60mts are gold.
This guy can go midfield as well.
Even forward with his marking.

Im not convinced on midfield his testing was poor and tells me he might not develop the tank. If i thought he could play mid i would be all over him at 14.

Cheap backup. Nicholls retired and Crossley has a drug ban and they only have Witts and no other rucks. They want to keep King out of the ruck while he develops. He will be ready to retire in 2 years once they have hopefully brought in a young ruck. Also i doubt he wants much $.
And he's probably happy to return home to Qld, play on a nominal contract and have involvement with a football club

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Im not convinced on midfield his testing was poor and tells me he might not develop the tank. If i thought he could play mid i would be all over him at 14.

He's probably more match fit than the rest judging by his seniors football l reckon he's put that knock to bed.
I think he was going at 26 disposals midfield in the U18 Championships
He's a game changer not just a pretty little U18 player or fake football/ athlete.
Something tells me Hawthorn really like the brutal football this guy will be capable of and will snap him up unlike Geelong who prefer fancy smaller players.

Last edited:
I think we'll give them 37, provided they pay a portion of his salary
That's the sticking point right now - seems we are happy to part with pick 37 but want something else in return while St Kilda want a better pick than 37

Geelong has refused to hand over pick No. 37 for Steven without another pick from the Saints’ coming back the Cats’ way.

St Kilda, on the other hand, wants a better pick than No. 37 to help clinch deals for its swag of other targets including Brad Hill, Zak Jones, Paddy Ryder, Dougal Howard and Dan Butler.

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
The best thing about all these trade deals falling over? Geelong set the scene to say ‘No’ when they rejected the WCE offer last year.

Now clubs are feeling empowered to just say no.

Geelong changing the game just like they did with play style in 2007, pioneers we are!!! How many teams adopted the play on at all costs through the corridor after 2007!!!!

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trade period like when we were kids and the swapcards came out..:rolleyes:
Two weeks too long, just a circus to keep footy in the news.

At least we had the hard as a rock chewy to tide us over, that s**t would cut your mouth open ;)

Last edited:
Could always try to bundle 58 with something else to a team chasing draft points to upgrade one of the picks we will use.
Freos 22 or Hawks 30 could be a target.

True if you could make the points work.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
24, 37, 58 (If we get that for Smith) for Steven, 18

as PureO has reminded me ..they are after Howard and Ryder... they will need the 18 for that .. and Port are probably in a position to say that is a min..now that Fantasia has decided to not go to Port...

as PureO has reminded me ..they are after Howard and Ryder... they will need the 18 for that .. and Port are probably in a position to say that is a min..now that Fantasia has decided to not go to Port...

Howards not worth that but hes contracted and Port have to deal with a Mead bid. It will take that.

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
18 is going for Howard though.

Personally think 18 is too high for Howard and 24 should get it done. Or they could use a Future 1st for Howard and Ryder then use our 24 to get Jones, 37 to get Butler. They need mid range picks. The real issue for them is how do they get Hill because they are running out of options.

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Which part do you not agree with?
Aggressiveness.? I haven't seen that and think he's content to just cruise and be paid a very good wage.

Gee ..I couldnt say his name quick enough
This is something I've said more than once, Flanders outplayed Rowell when he was matched against him in the mid. Then I seen Flanders play well defensively and both times he excelled once he was moved fwd of the ball.

I haven't seen Rowell do anything more than mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back