Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They haven't given that up.
Go factor in the Suns picks and academy picks.
That 50 (for example) will end up at 58 ish.

It's north who gave gambled. Not Melbourne.
How have north gambled? If Melbourne finish second last again then they’ve given up pick 2 (2020) for pick 8, and thrown in 2 extra picks.

Every single team would’ve accepted the deal that north did if they were offered it.

What happens if Melbourne finish top 4?
Then dees may come out on top. It’s a lot less likely, but I think that’s what Melbourne are banking on.

According to draft points north will still have more points even if Melbourne win the flag. Not that draft points mean a whole lot but it is an indicator of the value of draft picks.

Out: Cunico, Jones, Scooter, TK, Z Smith (tomorrow)
In: Simpson, Zuthrie

In Limbo: Buzza, Henderson

So without J Steven, we have 3 list spots. Picks 14, 17, 24.

I suspect we won't get the J Steven deal done.

Then we may delist both Buzza and Henderson, or one.

Otherwise, we then go into draft night, with other clubs knowing we need to trade out Picks 36 and 37. Which means we will get peanuts in return.

Best to trade them now during trade week for Future picks or Pick upgrades, unless we delist Buzza and/or Henderson.
Rookie list Jarvis and Tarca and make the two spots available. Worst case we select a Nick Bryan or a Sam De Koning

Yeah...we'd be wanting 14 to have a chance to get one more before Henry

If henry gets bid at say 15 though 36 and 37 gives you more points than 22 to match it.

So delist Parsons, Tarca and Henderson with a view of adding them to the rookie list and then make 4 selections in the national draft.

Trade 36 and 37 for an early to mid 20s pick and away we go.

Henderson wont last someone will DFA him.
Also id delist Jarvis not Tarca if youre going down that route.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just how many chances do you give this recidivist. And what's happened to our oft used catch cry of placing a high price on culture. Not even if played for nothing.
Look what Stack and Pickett and Krakouer have done. I swear, Aboriginals have been given shocking treatment in this country. It is up to a cultured club like ours to stand up and say you know what, the kid has conceded his faults, he has a family now and has earned his way back. He is a great talent and to not give him his last chance would be a travesty. He has gone over and above to find his way back. If they have found the issue with his calves, get him in. I'm not religious, but don't crucify the kid for having a crack

Pure_Ownage What if we trade our 2020 first (not the WC one) plus 14 for 3? Would that get it done if Melb assume we are going to slip next year? Leaving us 3, 17, 24, 36 and 37. Convert 36 and 37 to 26 from North. Get rid of an extra player to give us 3,17,24,26 at the draft.

Dont mind that if they would take it although i think melb/adel would bank on both wce and us being top 6 so both our future 1sts would both have similar value.

Jarvis is definitely the one you want to delist and rookie... But he was drafted last year, and has a 2 year contract.

So I guess what is the risk if someone else drafts him and he has a contract with us? Assume the contract would have a termination clause without payout if redrafted by another club?

Pure_Ownage What if we trade our 2020 first (not the WC one) plus 14 for 3? Would that get it done if Melb assume we are going to slip next year? Leaving us 3, 17, 24, 36 and 37. Convert 36 and 37 to 26 from North. Get rid of an extra player to give us 3,17,24,26 at the draft.

Apologies if it’s already been said, but Mahoney has confirmed the Dees will be taking 3 and 8 to the draft.

If this is how the trade between St Kilda & Freo goes down, gotta give credit to St Kilda for their trading in of players

It would mean they have bought in Brad Hill, Dougal Howard & Ryder, having only lost 1 original first round pick in that of #6, plus pick #59, 2020 2nd & 3rd round picks & Blake Acres

Think St Kilda will be saying a big thanks to Freo for turning down the original offer of pick #6 & 2020 second round selection

Apologies if it’s already been said, but Mahoney has confirmed the Dees will be taking 3 and 8 to the draft.

Report tonight is they are trading 3 to GWS for 6 and their 2019R1.

I expect we are probably trying to get 4 off adelaide bc it will do the same job for us that 3 will.

Report tonight is they are trading 3 to GWS for 6 and their 2019R1.

I expect we are probably trying to get 4 off adelaide bc it will do the same job for us that 3 will.

There’s been no media that Adel are looking to trade 4 as yet has there? Anyone know how many list spots they are needing to fill?

Didn’t hear of that. Cal Twomey reported on Trade Radio approx. 5pm that Mahoney’s taking 3 & 8 to the draft. Not sure the timing on your report.

I think it may have been a bit later than that but was around that time.... maybe GWS came with a better offer later in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back