Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we give up 17 and menegola for pick 10 from Freo
14, West Coast Future Round 1 and 37 for Pick 4 from Adelaide
Trade Henderson to North with 36 to replace Scott Thompson and bring in 27
Go in with 4, 10, 24, 27
Come out with Flanders/D.Stephens, Jackson, C.Stephens and Dylan Williams to add to Jack Steven
Then plonk Bennell on the Rookie list

We'd be set up for mids for the next 10 years and have the best ruck prospect in the draft

List spots become available,
Menegola gets home
Henderson gets a multi year deal
Out S.Selwood, Cunico, Smith, Henderson, Menegola
IN Steven Flanders/DStephens, Jackson, Cooper Stephens, Dylan Williams

put Buzza on the rookie list, upgrade Atkins
Delist Simpson and Zuthrie with the intent of putting Simpson back on the rookie list

Presto

17 would just get used to match a bid... 10 gets them under the probable bid

So you think we are trading players out-interested to know who.

Pure ... Im not saying we will do it ..we are just talking. Your idea is probably closer to what we end up doing

That deal gave us Pickering Tudor and Steele ..not sure how many games ..Pickering a B&F..Tudor the pass in the hand of god game.. all for p123 or something like it..

My main thought is to try to find a way to use to picks. Id love for this draft to be last years and we are talking about getting 3 or 4.

Should we give up 17 and menegola for pick 10 from Freo
14, West Coast Future Round 1 and 37 for Pick 4 from Adelaide
Trade Henderson to North with 36 to replace Scott Thompson and bring in 27
Go in with 4, 10, 24, 27
Come out with Flanders/D.Stephens, Jackson, C.Stephens and Dylan Williams to add to Jack Steven
Then plonk Bennell on the Rookie list

We'd be set up for mids for the next 10 years and have the best ruck prospect in the draft

List spots become available,
Menegola gets home
Henderson gets a multi year deal
Out S.Selwood, Cunico, Smith, Henderson, Menegola
IN Steven Flanders/DStephens, Jackson, Cooper Stephens, Dylan Williams

put Buzza on the rookie list, upgrade Atkins
Delist Simpson and Zuthrie with the intent of putting Simpson back on the rookie list

Presto

I'm pretty sure Daz advised that Atkins has already re-signed as a rookie for next year - they won't be looking to upgrade him this year, but may well be upgraded next year

Not sure Freo would be interested in 17 unfortunately - I like the trade but I think Freo will feel that 10 will give them 2 picks before Henry is bidded on, but trading down to 17 will see that pick used to match a bid.

What about 17, 24 & 37 for pick 4? Adelaide may be more interested in picks this year if they continue to bleed players

Time for some cuts.

FickleBlissfulElephant-size_restricted.gif
Who are the busts STPer18

Ignoring green as we know he will go to gws (he is top 6) rowell anderson flanders stephens ash serong. Kemp would be in the 6 if not for injury.

yeah I guess that is the beauty of talent id it is so subjective. I wouldn't have any of them outside the top two and Green much ahead of Young, Gould, Robertson (although I am higher on him than most) and a few others.

I'm pretty sure Daz advised that Atkins has already re-signed as a rookie for next year - they won't be looking to upgrade him this year, but may well be upgraded next year

Not sure Freo would be interested in 17 unfortunately - I like the trade but I think Freo will feel that 10 will give them 2 picks before Henry is bidded on, but trading down to 17 will see that pick used to match a bid.

What about 17, 24 & 37 for pick 4? Adelaide may be more interested in picks this year if they continue to bleed players
I think my point is that if Freo get 17 as a bidding pick, then they still get Menegola who would give them another big body for their midfield and he could replace Mundy on retirement. They get Henry and Menegola instead of Henry and a pick 10 in the draft. They have another ready made player given they have lost their two wingers. Better for them in the medium term.

I think my point is that if Freo get 17 as a bidding pick, then they still get Menegola who would give them another big body for their midfield and he could replace Mundy on retirement. They get Henry and Menegola instead of Henry and a pick 10 in the draft. They have another ready made player given they have lost their two wingers. Better for them in the medium term.

Freo currently have pick 7 also - the question would become which of the following would they prefer:

Option 1: Picks 7, 10 & Henry
Option 2: Pick 7, Menegola & Henry

I like the trade and if we could get a good deal for a player like Menegola then I'm all for it - just not sure that Freo would feel the same

If we can't trade into the top 10, what about trading picks 36 & 37 to Freo for pick 22? In terms of bidding points, pick 22 = 845 points while picks 36 & 37 would give them 985 points, and we'd probably prefer just 1 slightly higher pick compared with 2 x mid-30s

Freo currently have pick 7 also - the question would become which of the following would they prefer:

Option 1: Picks 7, 10 & Henry
Option 2: Pick 7, Menegola & Henry

I like the trade and if we could get a good deal for a player like Menegola then I'm all for it - just not sure that Freo would feel the same

If we can't trade into the top 10, what about trading picks 36 & 37 to Freo for pick 22? In terms of bidding points, pick 22 = 845 points while picks 36 & 37 would give them 985 points, and we'd probably prefer just 1 slightly higher pick compared with 2 x mid-30s
Fyfe was quoted last week saying they think they can get Menegola in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see a clear top 4, then next group even until about 15. Then the group after that even until late 20s. Throw a blanket over the rest.

Who are your personal top 10?

Given our picks I want Weightman, Sharp and Jackson - happy for eveyone to shoot me down but Weightman will be a gun forward, Sharp is a rebounding Def or wing - Clark like (i wanted him last draft and was so happy we got him!) - and Jackson will be a 200 gamer.

Given our picks I want Weightman, Sharp and Jackson - happy for eveyone to shoot me down but Weightman will be a gun forward, Sharp is a rebounding Def or wing - Clark like (i wanted him last draft and was so happy we got him!) - and Jackson will be a 200 gamer.
Like it.
Although Small Forwards can be grabbed later in draft too.
Just look at Miers, Betts, Papley, Fantasia, Castagna, etc etc...
Don't think Jackson will slip to us, and I don't think we are interested in Rucks this draft is what I gathered from the Wells interview.

Like it.
Although Small Forwards can be grabbed later in draft too.
Just look at Miers, Betts, Papley, Fantasia, Castagna, etc etc...
Don't think Jackson will slip to us, and I don't think we are interested in Rucks this draft is what I gathered from the Wells interview.

I wish we were interested in Rucks!!!!!! Jackson is the new model Ruck/midfielder who can win clearances. Let's stop trading in mediocre Rucks and develop a young gun. I'd love a forward line with Miers and Weightman to replace Ablett's current role year after next - good small forwards win matches - bet every team that didn't select Miers, Betts, Papley, Fantasia, Castagna, etc etc.. earlier is pissed right now. Maybe teams are too obsessed with mids - many of which never make it but were higher selections than the aforementioned small forwards? I reckon mids are easier to trade in without paying overs.

Pick 58 for Zac Smith is a win - effectively a straight swap for Jack Steven.
Would like to see if we can bundle some draft picks to move up the draft. If not, we need to make some more delistings - maybe Parsons, Tarca or zGuthrie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back