Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...I don't understand the calls to delist Simpson. The boy has worked on his game, built his body to be stronger and developed his skills to the point of winning our VFL B&F...

He deserves a run in the AFL IMO....

It's all about list spots DTC. Would you rather keep Simpson than bring in a kid with potentially a fair bit more talent?

He is average at best, you are severely over rating his abilities. Not uncommon lol..
In that case, might as well delist half the team - if we are apparently over rating Simpson after he won our VFL b&f, what does it say about the other AFL listed players in the team?

Sure it's not just you under valuing him...

Simpson should be gone. Won't make it

100% agree,
To make it at afl level at his height and weight you need to have some tricks up your sleeve.
Elite pace, hard nut that just doesn’t care for body harm, evasive skills or elite reading of the play which enables yourself to be a small forward and kick goals.
Simpson has none of these qualities.
Zuthrie has shown more upside than Simpson does.
Give him a season as playing as a forward “ I think our backline is stacked with talent” and if that doesn’t work then no contract extension.
I’d pay Simpson out this year

Yes...I don't understand the calls to delist Simpson. The boy has worked on his game, built his body to be stronger and developed his skills to the point of winning our VFL B&F...

He deserves a run in the AFL IMO....

Who does he threaten in the AFL team after 3 years?
Is he in front of Fogarty?

Winning VFL B&F often means they play only VFL. Occasionally there are exceptional talents or promising/potentials , like Atkins, but winning VFL B & F in Simpson's case maybe suggests that is where he is destined.

Add that to a retuning Tom Mitchell, a fit Jon Patton, and those two, and their off-season recruiting looks decent. Still don't thin they can win a flag, but with the master coach, anything can happen.
They are always there and abouts, and are like us, and have as much chance of winning the 2020 flag as we do, imho.

Whatever gets deven robertson. Cant recall having such hopes on one single player for a while.

Get him done at all costs to the cattery.

He has a lot of appealing qualities. Just not sure they’ll take Robertson if intending to take C.Stephens with a later pick? Two inside bulls? When we already have Constable. Maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a lot of appealing qualities. Just not sure they’ll take Robertson if intending to take C.Stephens with a later pick? Two inside bulls? Maybe.

It sets us up for many years in the midfield. Robertson i reckon would go close to round one and wouldnt be shocked if he won rising star. His very good

I wonder if us trading up depends on what fremantle do with their first pick. If they go jackson we might try and trade in ahead of their next selection to get robertson before they do.

Dont want us to trade up for anyone else after that.

It sets us up for many years in the midfield. Robertson i reckon would go close to round one and wouldnt be shocked if he won rising star. His very good

I wonder if us trading up depends on what fremantle do with their first pick. If they go jackson we might try and trade in ahead of their next selection to get robertson before they do.

I’d be a little surprised if Freo take Jackson with their first. I think Robertson will be taken there by them. They need some more inside grunt having lost Neale and with an ageing midfield.

I’m warming to Hayden Young although I think he likely gets taken well before we get a crack at him. But if he happens to slip then his kicking skills out of the back 50 are top shelf.

I wouldnt want jackson over robertson.

Hope they go jackson first but your probably right

I’d be a little surprised if Freo take Jackson with their first. I think Robertson will be taken there by them. They need some more inside grunt having lost Neale and with an ageing midfield.

I’m warming to Hayden Young although I think he likely gets taken well before we get a crack at him. But if he happens to slip then his kicking skills out of the back 50 are top shelf.

I like young but we are well stocked for defenders. Unless youre putting him on the wing.

The three i really want to trade up for are flanders robertson and jackson if any of them can be had.

I like young but we are well stocked for defenders. Unless youre putting him on the wing.

The three i really want to trade up for are flanders robertson and jackson if any of them can be had.

I’d love Flanders but we’d have to likely trade up high. Like the other two as well. Jackson prob the one most likely to drop to 14 if we don’t trade up.

With regard to Young, agree defenders aren’t a massive priority but just on class he gets in. You’d find a spot for him or play Clark on the wing. Just think you can’t ignore class if he was available.

That whole top 10-12 I’d be happy to take. Any of them. They’d all find a spot in our side over time.

He has a lot of appealing qualities. Just not sure they’ll take Robertson if intending to take C.Stephens with a later pick? Two inside bulls? When we already have Constable. Maybe.

Wouldn't miss CooperS will be a gun power mid to take over from Danger and Selwood.
Either Rivers or Sharp from WA wouldn't be wasting picks, not with their talent level.
Thats a couple of decent sized mids out of 4 picks, a tall Dekonig/McCasey/Worrell and small defender or mature half forward Sokol.

Last edited:
So these are the dates remaining

Pick Trading:
Selections only: 17 October–22 November

Delisted FA Periods:
1-11 November;
13-22 November;
28 November-2 December.

Draft
First round: 27 November
Second and subsequent rounds: 28 November

Rookie Draft:
28 November

Wouldn't miss CooperS will be a gun power mid to take over from Danger.
Either Rivers or Sharp from WA wouldn't be wasting picks, not with their talent level.
Thats a couple of decent sized mids out of 4 picks, a tall Dekonig/McCasey/Worrell and small defender or mature half forward Sokol.
You'd be pretty happy if C Stephens lasts to Pick 24.
However, I think at Pick 24 you should be able to land one of C Stephens, J Sharp, C Taheny... All are decent imho, and if we land one there, then nice.

You'd be pretty happy if C Stephens lasts to Pick 24.
However, I think at Pick 24 you should be able to land one of C Stephens, J Sharp, C Taheny... All are decent imho, and if we land one there, then nice.

We have P17, l'm thinking Sharp or Rivers P24, Stephens P17 Kemp/McCasey/Gould at 14.
Being WA there'll be sliders because WCE aren't in it just freo. WA had a good crop winning their first Carnival for 10 years P24 should get a good one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back