Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists PT 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephens could go to Adelaide at 6. Don't want Kemp.

I reckon
1 anderson
2 rowell
3 jackson
4 young
5 flanders
6 green (bid match)
7 stephens d
8 robertson
9 serong

If green gets bid at 3 we live trade for 4 otherwise we live trade for carltons pick and grab ash/kemp/mcasey. The dream would be if d stephens or flanders get to carltons pick. We could also live trade for melbs pick at 10 (11).

If we are going to trade tomorrow it would need to be for Blues pick 9. No point getting Melb pick 10 and then find Port Adel trade for 9 to trump us n draft night.

Agree.

I reckon
1 anderson
2 rowell
3 jackson
4 young
5 flanders
6 green (bid match)
7 stephens d
8 robertson
9 serong

If green gets bid at 3 we live trade for 4 otherwise we live trade for carltons pick and grab ash/kemp/mcasey. The dream would be if d stephens or flanders get to carltons pick. We could also live trade for melbs pick at 10 (11).

How does Green last to 6?

I reckon
1 anderson
2 rowell
3 jackson
4 young
5 flanders
6 green (bid match)
7 stephens d
8 robertson
9 serong

I get your point but surely if Flanders (in particular), or Stephens get to Carlton’s pick, they keep it? That’s why I think it would’ve been better to trade before the draft if we intend to trade up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I reckon
1 anderson
2 rowell
3 jackson
4 young
5 flanders
6 green (bid match)
7 stephens d
8 robertson
9 serong

Adelaides pick will determine where the draft moves I reckon. Do they go McAsey or D.Stephens or Flanders? Flanders will go to soon after if not before to Sydney but one of the other two should slide to us if we trade for the Carlton pick. Problem is if Blues decide to hang on to that pick but Port Adel trade for Melb pick 10. Then we lose any hope of gaining one of the so called top shelf players. We need to have feet in both the Blues and Demons camps to ensure that we gain the Blues pick preferentially or the Demons pick if it's the only one to be traded from that top 10 from now.

Adelaides pick will determine where the draft moves I reckon. Do they go McAsey or D.Stephens or Flanders? Flanders will go to soon after if not before to Sydney but one of the other two should slide to us if we trade for the Carlton pick. Problem is if Blues decide to hang on to that pick but Port Adel trade for Melb pick 10. Then we lose any hope of gaining one of the so called top shelf players. We need to have feet in both the Blues and Demons camps to ensure that we gain the Blues pick preferentially or the Demons pick if it's the only one to be traded from that top 10 from now.

Or (and I know this is some sort of crazy insane decision for some people on here) sit on what we have and back the best to be the best. Step on down S Wells

Or (and I know this is some sort of crazy insane decision for some people on here) sit on what we have and back the best to be the best. Step on down S Wells

That is an option and an ever more likely one it seems. And not insane from where I sit. I just like the look of a few in that top 10 that we could potentially get with a trade. Maybe Wells likes our hand and can see players in those picks he wants? One things for sure that if we don't trade up its not because we didn't have the resources to do it, but because he thought it was too much to play in order to do so.

Who do you like further down the line in this draft if we weren't to trade up?

Just a few musings, It’s kind of crazy how many good flankers are in this draft, I feel like it’d be almost silly not to take one, Gould is obvious & id have no qualms taking him but I really like Rivers, like Day also, Bianco to a lesser extent & that’s not mentioning Ash & Young who look super classy but long gone on draft that knee of Kemp’s is of course a big concern but gee he’s impressive Elliott Yeo anyone? H.Jones if he slips back & Emerson Jeka are worth a long look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to me like the fledgling clubs are conspiring to squeeze the recently successful teams out of the cut.
I'd love to see bids on Green at 3, Henry at 5
Pushing players further down the draft order.
Rowell GC
Anderson GC
Green GWS
Jackson Melbourne
Henry Fremantle
Flanders Sydney
McAsey Adelaide
Stephens Fremantle
Serong Carlton
Young Melbourne
Kemp Hawthorn
Ash Port Adelaide
Worrell Western Bulldogs
Robertson Geelong
Weightman Gold Coast
Bergman Port Adelaide
Gould Geelong

Leaves one of Sharp, Bianco, DeKonning, Stephens, Day, Rivers Williams to slip to 24

Not trading up and getting a haul to reckon with.
Really does depend how it falls next Wednesday evening

Talk of them wanting Big guys. I reckon McAsey goes to them

That would be useful bc it would push stephens/serong/flanders closer to carltons pick.

Agree on all counts. I think Carl may want to trade to get the R2 they dont have though so thats our in. Time will tell on the night.

I get your point but surely if Flanders (in particular), or Stephens get to Carlton’s pick, they keep it? That’s why I think it would’ve been better to trade before the draft if we intend to trade up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what they want..they sound keen on cstephens, they may want dows brother and they will need a R2 for either as they dont have one. A teens pick plus a 20s pick might be a good net outcome for them on the night.

How does Green last to 6?

GC wont bid. Its just a question of if melb bid at 3 (in which case gws live trade 4 back down for points then match) or syd bid at 5 in which case green becomes 6 with gws using late picks to match and going into deficit.

Seems to me like the fledgling clubs are conspiring to squeeze the recently successful teams out of the cut.
I'd love to see bids on Green at 3, Henry at 5
Pushing players further down the draft order.
Rowell GC
Anderson GC
Green GWS
Jackson Melbourne
Henry Fremantle
Flanders Sydney
McAsey Adelaide
Stephens Fremantle
Serong Carlton
Young Melbourne
Kemp Hawthorn
Ash Port Adelaide
Worrell Western Bulldogs
Robertson Geelong
Weightman Gold Coast
Bergman Port Adelaide
Gould Geelong

Leaves one of Sharp, Bianco, DeKonning, Stephens, Day, Rivers Williams to slip to 24

Not trading up and getting a haul to reckon with.
Really does depend how it falls next Wednesday evening
That's a good draft hand.
Although I think Doggies will take Weightman, which doesn't really matter for us.
We might not get Gould at 17, but as per the above I wouldn't be upset with Bergman or Worell at that pick as well.
Geez if we could get Sharp at 24 I'd be pretty happy with that haul.
Taheny or Georgiades or Riccardi at 36 maybe, or get a mature type like Sokol. Perhaps consider Partington with the rookie first selection. Happy days.

I am starting to warm to the idea of keeping our picks a lot more and going for some of the players around that touted 15-30 range as from all reports majority of them are all similar in ability and talent even at this point in time.

From my own amateur vantage point like all of us, I wouldn’t mind it if wells goes draft night with 14 Jeremy sharp and then 17 Kysiah Picket who looks quite freakish, or going cooper Stephens with pick 17,then 24 goes Harry shoenburg.

I would be happier with that than Bergman and worrel at 14/17 then whoever at 24...

I am starting to warm to the idea of keeping our picks a lot more and going for some of the players around that touted 15-30 range as from all reports majority of them are all similar in ability and talent even at this point in time.

From my own amateur vantage point like all of us, I wouldn’t mind it if wells goes draft night with 14 Jeremy sharp and then 17 Kysiah Picket who looks quite freakish, or going cooper Stephens with pick 17,then 24 goes Harry shoenburg.

I would be happier with that than Bergman and worrel at 14/17 then whoever at 24...

I haven’t seen C.Stephens play, only the 2mins or so of his highlights, but he seems overhyped to me. I think there are better/less speculative options at 24. Schoenberg, who you mentioned, would be great at that pick.

The thing I want from this draft is teams with multiple r1 and r2 picks do their due diligence and bid on Henry before Fremantle picks.. Them getting 3 top players and diluting the draft pool would just suck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back