Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we got say Eagles first round this year and Eagles first round next year then I'd trade one of them for Cunnington no problems. Very hard to pick a player with late first rounders as we have shown over a number of years. The genuine talls and genuine mids are gone and you are basically left with the highly rated flankers to pick. If North trade someone like that though they are going to want to bend you over Gibbs style.

That’s actually a good point... there is quite often this awkwardness about picks 15-20 ish.... think a lot of what you say has truth to it

I cant see it. If they are crap next year and Cunnington leaves on a big FA contract next year they might get a top 5 pick as band 1 compo. Why trade him for pick 18 this year? I assume Goldstein (FA) and Higgins (older) are the ones they will let go if they want picks.

Except who is going to give them valuable picks for those two?? Definitely not geelong

Yeah he's an absolute gun but not sure I'd be wanting to trade a first rounder for him given his injuries. I was actually relieved he was picked before our first pick last year, I just don't think we can risk another high pick on someone who's likely to spend a lot of time on the sidelines. We've had far too many over the years, with Cocky being the most recent example.

Yes, certainly wouldn’t want a repeat of what we’ve had with Cockatoo. Flip side is that IF he can get his body right, you may well be able to pick him up at a discount and get yourself an elite mid. I’d like to see some evidence first that his body can withstand the rigours of AFL first though.

I cant see it. If they are crap next year and Cunnington leaves on a big FA contract next year they might get a top 5 pick as band 1 compo. Why trade him for pick 18 this year? I assume Goldstein (FA) and Higgins (older) are the ones they will let go if they want picks.

The question is what are they prepared to let them go for. No matter what the media says.. the only club that would spend R1 on Higgins is not the top sides. He is the exact type of player the 2 in 4 was meant to hinder over spend on. He cost them zero as FA and now they expect an R1.. something not quite right about that. R2 at best imo.

57 which we took Miers with.

They also gave us Tuohy for a 6 pick downgrade plus Smedts.

You also have to look at those players that could have been taken in between the two picks. Of note are Ed Richards, Jack Higgins and Oscar Allen. Instead of Fogarty. Think I’d still take Tuohy plus Fogarty at this stage over those other three. A flag this year would seal the deal.

You also have to look at those players that could have been taken in between the two picks. Of note are Ed Richards, Jack Higgins and Oscar Allen. Instead of Fogarty. Think I’d still take Tuohy plus Fogarty at this stage over those other three. A flag this year would seal the deal.
I wouldn't. Tuohy is a liability and fogarty can barely kick 35 metres

I wouldn't. Tuohy is a liability and fogarty can barely kick 35 metres

Richards was dropped this year and is struggling, Higgins is useful but I’m not sure whether he’s reached his ceiling, Allen is the one that could be a player. Time will tell. As I say, if Tuohy plays in a flag this year then the trade is well and truly vindicated. Jury still out at this stage.

Lose Kelly and grab Cunnington

Would rather keep the first rounder (hopefully get 2 xR1s for Kelly) than use on Cunnington. Don’t think Cunnington is that flash, late 20s, but mostly, I dont think his style would suit what we need. He’s a slow bullocking player. Kelly is so good for us because apart from him and danger, we don’t have a mid that evades and takes the opposition on. Cunnington I don’t think improves us to justify a R1, especially at his age.

Rather hit the the draft and get a gun mid to rise up with parfitt + Constable to generate the next generation of Geelong mids

Yeh 6 pick downgrade but could’ve grabbed jack Higgins if we didn’t swap our first rounder. Ended up with Fogarty.

Both of them will be guns imo we didnt lose much imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...g/news-story/aaf603cfa38459dee32ae9301f2847eb

Interesting article on why "apparently" our accuracy at scoring ahs improved. It points to fatigue and playing more talented goal kickers..

... Geelong has deliberately played skillful goal kickers ahead of the ball, taking easier shots inside 50m and dedicating training time to goal kicking under fatigue...

..perhaps it points to why we took players like Miers and Tarca which seemed a bit a break from what we had taken before , and perhaps natural goal kickers will be again be high on our list once we look to add to our list post season....

Parish is still OOC. A 15-25 pick probably still gets it done if he wants to leave.
I’d do that I think - maybe.. I reckon it’s i there but the bombers transient existence is hurting him - polite way of

saying their shitness
Change of scenery could help it if he wants it.
We get 2 x WC RD 1 2019 and 2020 id keep one and trade the other
Rather keep TK

Go Catters

Yes, certainly wouldn’t want a repeat of what we’ve had with Cockatoo. Flip side is that IF he can get his body right, you may well be able to pick him up at a discount and get yourself an elite mid. I’d like to see some evidence first that his body can withstand the rigours of AFL first though.

Yeah you would certainly take a punt on him at a discounted rate, like what the Hawks did with Scrimshaw and Carlton with Setterfield. Massive talent.

I am not sold on Parrish - his exposed form to date is bog ordinary.

It may be true that he is being negatively impacted by the Bombers environment, but that doesnt mean that Geelong (or any team) should pay full freight in a trade. If he is damaged goods because Essendon are a basket case then he should come at a discount.

I usually value draftpicks lower than most, but I wouldn't give up better than pick 30 for him.

Conversely you could argue that we turned a first round pick (16 from memory) with years development invested into Miers. Perspective and all that.

That's true of course. But I had written Lang off some time ago, and I did not expect us to salvage anything for him. So to get Miers for him is a good outcome for us in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back