Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Peter Bell ( Freo football mgr) on the radio tonight - they asked him directly - the 2 Hills for Kelly

He said Stephen - free agent - but hes just trying to get hamstring right and just play senior football again - thats his focus

Brad is contracted for another 2 years after this season

Said both are popular - highly respected around the place - and will be both playing many more years at Fremantle - listening to him they are going nowhere - not that i want either at Geel

Re Tim Kelly - he said Munday is 34 - so obviously interested - said Kelly had a fine 1st season at Geel - alot were wondering whether he could back it up - which he has - but we respect that he is a Geel player at present
My two cents on that (for what its worth).

Bell used the same language as with Neale last year and as has been said on the Freo board, Brad will only be traded if we get the deal we like (ie Neale and Weller). We all know the overs we got for Weller and Neale was allowed to make it easier for the Hogan trade. Pretty sure Bhilly is gone sometime in the next few years but he's too valuable to us with a 2 year contract to go for anything other than overs. Whether you're the club that pays overs for Hill or not doesnt really matter, I'm sure we'll be happy to send the picks straight to you if Wells would prefer, as long as we arent paying much to upgrade Hill to Kelly as then Hill stays with us.

Think Stephen will re-sign (its a non-point as a trade anyway as a FA). Him and BHill changed management to Colin Young in the year who does ALL negotiations through the media.

Finally, you appear to be the only side standing between WC and another premiership, please take pity on us suffering Dockers fans and stop the back-to-back, its hard enough over here as it is.

Go Catters =)

Last edited:

I mentioned a while back that Josh Bruce would be a good option for us in the short term. His game on the weekend just confirmed it for me. Getting someone like Bruce in will allow Krueger more time to develop and hone his skills in the VFL. He's kicked 24 goals this year and has kicked bags of 50, 38 and 36 in other years. I'm not sure of his contract status or what the Saints would want for him but it's worth asking the question.

It's likely the Saints will have a new coach next year and Bruce may want to explore opportunities elsewhere and the Saints may want to load up on picks. I think he'd be a great short term solution given where we're currently at.

I mentioned a while back that Josh Bruce would be a good option for us in the short term. His game on the weekend just confirmed it for me. Getting someone like Bruce in will allow Krueger more time to develop and hone his skills in the VFL. He's kicked 24 goals this year and has kicked bags of 50, 38 and 36 in other years. I'm not sure of his contract status or what the Saints would want for him but it's worth asking the question.

It's likely the Saints will have a new coach next year and Bruce may want to explore opportunities elsewhere and the Saints may want to load up on picks. I think he'd be a great short term solution given where we're currently at.

Now THAT would be a deal worth looking at..

The WA young gun with star dust in his blood
Callum Twomey
Jul 9, 2019 12:02PM
Elijah Taylor's championships did his draft chances no harm - AFL,Under-18s

Elijah Taylor's championships did his draft chances no harm

TIM KELLY is his mum's second cousin. The Kickett brothers – Dale and Derek – are on his dad's side of the family, while Nicky Winmar and Paddy Ryder are also in his bloodlines.

On family links alone, Elijah Taylor looks a first-round pick at this year's NAB AFL Draft.

He might be anyway. Taylor proved himself to be one of the most exciting prospects in this year's draft crop at the under-18 championships, pushing himself into top-20 contention.

He played every game for Western Australia, helped it claim the title and was named an All Australian at the end of the carnival.

"I've been a little bit surprised. In the games I played I did pretty well, so I'm just trying to get more consistency in my game," Taylor told AFL.com.au.

The 185cm forward combines a number of skills to have a bag full of tricks. He has a high natural leap, is strong overhead and is dangerous around goal. He booted six for the carnival, including three against the Allies.

As has been mentioned by year of the cat ... this kids has talent..

My two cents on that (for what its worth).

Bell used the same language as with Neale last year and as has been said on the Freo board, Brad will only be traded if we get the deal we like (ie Neale and Weller). We all know the overs we got for Weller and Neale was allowed to make it easier for the Hogan trade. Pretty sure Bhilly is gone sometime in the next few years but he's too valuable to us with a 2 year contract to go for anything other than overs. Whether you're the club that pays overs for Hill or not doesnt really matter, I'm sure we'll be happy to send the picks straight to you if Wells would prefer, as long as we arent paying much to upgrade Hill to Kelly as then Hill stays with us.

Think Stephen will re-sign (its a non-point as a trade anyway as a FA). Him and BHill changed management to Colin Young in the year who does ALL negotiations through the media.

Finally, you appear to be the only side standing between WC and another premiership, please take pity on us suffering Dockers fans and stop the back-to-back, its hard enough over here as it is.

Go Catters =)

I can only tell you if we get to a GF against WC.. we will be doing our best not to give them #3 against us in the big one...

Any word on Tucker is he going to sign..?

I can only tell you if we get to a GF against WC.. we will be doing our best not to give them #3 against us in the big one...

Any word on Tucker is he going to sign..?
I wish had some inside word. Would be nice to annouce SOMEONE was signing. S Hill, Blakely, Tucker or Langdon. One re-signing would be nice.

Only seems to bad rumors for our uncontracted (and contracted) players at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you expect to be the cost of Henry..looks a ripper ..
Oh man I'm excited to see this kid play next year. He is exactly what we, Walters mk 2 and he's a ripper off the field as well. Started an indigenous tie business with a couple of school mates. They look terrific as well. To your actual question...

General rule seems to be that clubs dont bid on FS/NGA kids for proper value, more just to keep clubs honest and with how even that 10-30 range I expect he'll fall to the 2nd round. I think we'd want our first pick above 14/15 to be safe.

Oh man I'm excited to see this kid play next year. He is exactly what we, Walters mk 2 and he's a ripper off the field as well. Started an indigenous tie business with a couple of school mates. They look terrific as well. To your actual question...

General rule seems to be that clubs dont bid on FS/NGA kids for proper value, more just to keep clubs honest and with how even that 10-30 range I expect he'll fall to the 2nd round. I think we'd want our first pick above 14/15 to be safe.

Thats true most clubs dont bid early cause they know the return serve will happen when they have a kid. Henry ..AA kid that looks like that.. he really should cost you a pick in the 15-25.Which means your second pick will probably get used for him unless you trade it out.

I look at that U18AA side and id be very happy to have 4 kids from that group added to our list... the WA and VicC boys are the one that probably appeal to me the most ... Robertson, Taylor and Jackson , DeKoning , Flanders , Young and Kemp... have all done enough for me to draft them. Depending on what picks we have .. we may not get a chance to draft many of them... Unless we get something earlier in the R1 than we will have .. I suspect Flanders Young and Kemp will be gone by our pick...

Still think if we want a small forward that can mark and kick goals, then Sam Lowson from the VFL... we could use a rookie pick, and with one pre-season could be ready made. Then we can use the top picks for the best midfielder, key position prospect (defence or forward), and potentially a ruck in development.

In my ponderous state of ponder land if we did manage to win the premiership would J Selwood Hawkins and Ablett retire on top?

In my ponderous state of ponder land if we did manage to win the premiership would J Selwood Hawkins and Ablett retire on top?
Ablett maybe, but Hawkins is contracted for next season & Selwood contracted through to 2021 - can't see either off them calling time on their careers when they still have years on their contracts, and not sure the club would encourage it either due to the impact on the salary cap

Still think if we want a small forward that can mark and kick goals, then Sam Lowson from the VFL... we could use a rookie pick, and with one pre-season could be ready made. Then we can use the top picks for the best midfielder, key position prospect (defence or forward), and potentially a ruck in development.

Why was he over looked in the mid year? Ive heard one critic talking about his inability to run like a Miers for example ...

Why was he over looked in the mid year? Ive heard one critic talking about his inability to run like a Miers for example ...
Could very well be the case. But then again, Miers is Elite for distances covered on match day. He may not need to be at the level, but needs to be at a certain level for AFL footy, whether he is there or not, can't say.

Trade Kelly to Freo for pick 6 and next years first.

Package pick 6, pick 18 and Buzza to Gold Coast for pick 2 and select Anderson.

Gold Coast may take that If they get their priority pick 1. That would leave them with 1, 6 and 18 in the draft plus Buzza.

Geelong gain Anderson and Freo's 1st selection in 2020 and lose Kelly and Buzza

How about Luke Smith from our VFL team? Kicked 70 odd goals in Goulburn Valley Football League. If we played him fully in the forward line he would be good

Gold Coast may take that If they get their priority pick 1. That would leave them with 1, 6 and 18 in the draft plus Buzza.

I would say pick 6 and lachie henderson for pick 2

Problem there is that the Suns are hoping that by drafting Rowell and Anderson together they'll be able to retain them.

Instead you'll probably see one go to GC, one go to Adelaide (thanks SoS) and both back at Melbourne clubs within five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back