Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Constable was drafted pick 36 and at best just makes our top 32 players making him expendable if a solid deal can be done ie pick better then 36...

For one I'm not sure how you arrive at that? He'd be top 25-27. Secondly, it seems a bit odd that someone in that bottom 10 players automatically qualifies as tradeable without any other consideration.

Just one season of Dangerwood co-captains is all I ask.
I definitely hate Co Captain's... You need 1 person to be captain so the players can look up to and take the responsibility.. the club I played for ( bush Footy ) 1 player asked if we should have Co Captain's and most of the players voted against it.. I don't like the idea of Co Captain's.. As a Captain is a personal responsibility. Yes there is a leadership and there are other players that will help him. But just in my eye it's a 1 person job.

Do you understand how polarising you've become by pretending to be sincere on our board, whilst slagging us on others?

I'm not pretending anything. You are projecting this notion yourself. This is me being honest, and aside from staying within the rules, that is all that I owe the reader. If I am out of line then I am pretty sure your mods will let me know about it quickly, otherwise, let's not take footy related discussion so personally. Now please, can we get off the very boring topic of the psychoanalysis of Snake_Baker, bigfooty poster, and talk about some footy?

I'm not pretending anything. You are projecting this notion yourself. This is me being honest, and aside from staying within the rules, that is all that I owe the reader. If I am out of line then I am pretty sure your mods will let me know about it quickly, otherwise, let's not take footy related discussion so personally. Now please, can we get off the very boring topic of the psychoanalysis of Snake_Baker, bigfooty poster?

The evidence is there for all to see.

Simple question...... Is your posting here consistent with what you post about the GFC elsewhere?

Clearly not. It's two faced, and far removed from 'honesty'.

I'll grant you that you're clever enough to sidestep our mods, but we're aware that there's a snake in our midst.

Anyhow, back to footy.

I'm not pretending anything. You are projecting this notion yourself. This is me being honest, and aside from staying within the rules, that is all that I owe the reader. If I am out of line then I am pretty sure your mods will let me know about it quickly, otherwise, let's not take footy related discussion so personally. Now please, can we get off the very boring topic of the psychoanalysis of Snake_Baker, bigfooty poster, and talk about some footy?
At the very least it’s clear you are annoying some posters by your mere presence. I’m not buying into what you do on other boards to cause that but I will say that if you are being disingenuous here then that’s going to cause trouble and your time here will be short lived.

Stick to the topic, as you were earlier, and all should be fine.

Back to the Higgins aspect of the discussion, if Geelong actually have put the cat amongst the pigeons here, then I strongly suspect it's linked in to the Kelly trade, where I can see North being a target of interest for Geelong & the W.A. clubs.

Shall we use the following words to put the Higgins debate to rest:

Higgins said the report was “factually incorrect”.

“I actually haven’t received anything from the football club so it’s a little bit baffling where that came from last night,” he said.

“I’m contracted for next year if people have forgotten that.

“I haven’t received anything so there’s nothing for me to reject and there’s also nothing for me to accept at the moment.”

It's either true and Shaun has gone in to damage control or it was a ploy by his management.

You're discounting the "straight out lie" factor?

If it had any semblance of truth, then I suspect his management would have left it to run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Constable was drafted pick 36 and at best just makes our top 32 players making him expendable if a solid deal can be done ie pick better then 36...
No no no.

Top 25, and i reckon he will make the 22 this week. You don’t trade out future best 10 players for dinosaurs you might get a year or 2 out of.

I would add a c) getting good bang for buck with the picks we have had, given that they have been relatively lower in the draft order.

I agree with that...on reflection i think our R1s havent been great (although to be fair a lot of them were cruelled by injuries) but our strike rate with later picks and rookie selections has been really good.

higgins will be 32 at the start of next season. I.e. the same age we moved better players like Steve Johnson and Paul Chapman on to other clubs for nothing. It would be utter hypocrisy to go for such players.

Ablett.

I know Higgins is not as good but his formline is currently quality. That said its irrelevant as he is not FA and they would want more for him than we would be willing to trade.

Would rather Steven than Higgins, and would rather keep TK than the two of them combined.

I agree but thats not the comparison the comparison is Steven and Higgins vs whatever picks or players we would need to give up to get them.

I heard Scott doesn't like him, because he mouthed off about being dropped.

Even if it were true it doesnt really matter as Scott isnt the employee who decides if he gets traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back