Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

North wouldnt trade him full stop...
Who TT or Woods.... thats what I mean ..its not a game of trade/draft on bigfooty or even the nba. The players must agree... and then the clubs have to also agree...it narrows the options of who might be available.

I known there is speculation..but some of that is because he is a Preagent. What would you pay for him ...?

Last edited:
In a smorgasbord of choice sure ... but doesn't quite work like that. If was to choose id say I would rather TarThomas ..

They wont let him go.

Id be keen on wood he'd be a good third tall fwd my issue is he's not proven enough to trade a R1 for and they wont trade him for our R2. Might need to involve a player if there was trade.

Who TT or Woods.... thats what I mean ..its not a game of trade/draft on bigfooty or even the nba. The players must agree... and then the clubs have to also agree...it narrows the options of who might be available.

I known there is speculation..but some of that is because he is a Preagent. What would you pay for him ...?

For me id trade a mid 20s pick (which we dont have) but i dont know if theyd trade him for that. We need better fwd options but he is too inconsistent for me to trade more.

They wont let him go.

Id be keen on wood he'd be a good third tall fwd my issue is he's not proven enough to trade a R1 for and they wont trade him for our R2. Might need to involve a player if there was trade.

Pure I know that.. he is future top 50 player ..he is not going anywhere..

My issue with Wood..he misses too many setshots..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure I know that.. he is future top 50 player ..he is not going anywhere..

My issue with Wood..he misses too many setshots..

Hes technically a very good kick though so its likely mental which can be fixed.
Btw i wouldnt give a R2 for him if it were last years draft but i think this years is weaker.

Also people keep talking about needing more young mids on our board..GWS will need a ruck with Simpson and probably Mummy going..if they cant get Jacobs or Ryder to leave SA we could do worse than offer them one of our surplus rucks and a decent pick and see if it could move someone like Bonar/Caldwell/XOH. (I was tempted to say in a trade for Patton tbh but he has a lot of injury risk).

Hes technically a very good kick though so its likely mental which can be fixed.
Btw i wouldnt give a R2 for him if it were last years draft but i think this years is weaker.

Also people keep talking about needing more young mids on our board..GWS will need a ruck with Simpson and probably Mummy going..if they cant get Jacobs or Ryder to leave SA we could do worse than offer them one of our surplus rucks and a decent pick and see if it could move someone like Bonar/Caldwell/XOH. (I was tempted to say in a trade for Patton tbh but he has a lot of injury risk).

Yeah narh.. rarely does it get fixed if it has not been fixed. Crows supporter complained about Dangers kicking...and guess what etc..
Dont recruit expecting more than what they have given ..cause that is a house of cards.. It can work big time, it could bea Stanley where its basically break even or or it could be a Mitch Clark or a Hmac. Wood is someone who would frustraite me imo... but he is Falcon..and we do like them.

I really cant see any of our rucks tempting anyone bar for a cheap spare tyre type.. what its say when 4 are fit..and we don pick anyone.

But sure..if there was interest .. I couldnt see it happening for premium kid like Cald or Bon ..but maybe someone a little of broadway.. Obvious id say yes to XOH as I have been on his bandwagon for a while.. that might work. Id ask about Cumming too he seems to overlooked a bit but he presents to me a bit like HoskinE. The trick is ..if we add someone they pretty much have to be best 25.. ..so if you want Bonar... what would you add to get him.. Im not convinced on him..he reminds me a bit too much of Cocky.

We almost need to know what any recruit runs like.. its seems that unless they are at the best end for gut running then it just will not appeal to us. What was XOH like at the combine ..cant remember.

I know I know... I honestly just don't want to lose him, as he has huge potential not just as a player but a future captain, and like you said I can't remember the last 20 year old player on our list wanting to leave.
As you said in a previous post, the Junior Abletts, Chapman, Johnson, Scarlett, Enright played many years of 2s before playing 1s.
But I do admit he should be playing AFL but I just hope he can see the light at the end of the tunnel before jumping ship.
Mentioned it earlier, Brent Prismall requested a trade after season 2, and he showed a bit of promise at that age. That was about 11 years ago.
We lost good young players quite some time ago, basically to expansion clubs and when we had financial turmoil - Colbert, Lindner, Williams, Toohey, Bolton, Wills, etc etc.
I'd be totally shocked if Constable leaves... just can't see it happening.

Can't kick,slow, one paced others on list will overtake him
as good a tackler as there is and averaged ridiculous numbers in his last year in u/18s. Something like 145 CD points a game. I understand it's easy to turf the kids quickly if they aren't cemented in the team but Fogarty has hardly looked at the midfield yet, his actual preferred position. He might not make it, but he just might too.

These days people expect these kids to be good players from the moment they walk into the club. Nothing wrong spending a couple of years developing in the VFL. In Fogarty's case, injuries have stalled his development.
I call it the Selwood syndrome

as good a tackler as there is and averaged ridiculous numbers in his last year in u/18s. Something like 145 CD points a game. I understand it's easy to turf the kids quickly if they aren't cemented in the team but Fogarty has hardly looked at the midfield yet, his actual preferred position. He might not make it, but he just might too.
Small size, slow and can't kick. Won't make it

These days people expect these kids to be good players from the moment they walk into the club. Nothing wrong spending a couple of years developing in the VFL. In Fogarty's case, injuries have stalled his development.

Id say even the kids expect to be good players from the moment etc..

Whether Fogarty becomes a player or not is not a list cracker .. there are always 20/20 rear vision choices we could have made. Sydney are no slouches and they picked Ling who has not played a game..but sure id like to have a Sam Taylor etc on the list
I do think SW chose a very different player based on pressure rather than what he normally did ..on skills etc. His kicking is not as good as id say it should be ..can it improve.. only time will tell. He seems such a competitive type I wonder who id compare him to perhaps Damien Drum ? Similar size ..and Drum was probably dow a bit on skill but hard at it.

What we need to do is just keep adding 2 to 3 mid chances each year , some will fail , others will not and hopefully a couple become guns. From picks as early as possible till we are losing them because our stocks are so chockers.. Clark is one ..but will Constable be another ? Thats why we just have to keep adding them to our list. My variation from that this year would be if we could add someone like Jackson etc as a long term ruck option .. but if we could add 3 more quality potential mids in the first 30 or so.. inspite of who we add that is mature ..we will take another step towards refreshing our side.
What we still lack is a super premium kid ..how id love to have a young McLuggage running around..

Can't kick,slow, one paced others on list will overtake him

I love that your attempt at proving your point involved twice commenting on speed despite the fact that we have no reason to think he is or isn't fast or slow.

It was always pretty clearly a s**t take. But relying on your opinion of foot speed just underlines that beautifully.

One would think Melb will be looking to move a player or two ... something is quite off balance about their side ....
Just isn't working for them. Not sure who I'd want though. They have a fair few star looking inside mids but I would say the ones we want we can't get and the ones we can get we don't want. I wonder if there's any they're actively looking to move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back